It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Deport Illegal Immigrants Immediately Without Court Hearings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sounds like you're dealing with some real direct issues, so don't take any of this as being callous to your situation.

You can't get a days work in what field? Construction? Agriculture?

I disagree that it's been "open season" for decades, although we could do better.

America is not going down and we're already just as great as we have ever been.

There are legitimate reasons to control immigration, but that would have to happen in the cesspit of Congress that has been totally eaten through with the cancer of party politics.

IMO

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, the reality is that illegal immigration has been declining for the most part for the last decade.

Yes, it is, and especially the illegal immigrants from Mexico, where the economy has greatly improved since NAFTA. The current numbers are coming from Central America -- and someone is filling their heads with lies and encouraging and enabling them to do so. Immigration has become an entirely different creature over the last 20 years and not in a good way. In the worst way and for the worst reasons. And it feels quite contrived... engineered... manufactured... I'm not sure what the right word is. I'm very glad you mentioned this, because it's weighing very heavily on my mind in considering the big picture.

It's still an issue. Yes, we need the immigration laws massively updated and refurbished.

No, we don't need to have open borders and "just let anybody come in."

Yes, we need to enforce the laws.

No, we don't need to unneccessarily separate families and imprison children.

Agreed.

As far as coming to the US? Like you, I think that problem is going to solve itself.

I was heartened to see that a DNA testing company donated hundreds of DNA test kits (and results) to help the process along. I couldn't find any mention of how long it would take for the testing. But the sooner we can verify family ties the better. And even more important, we won't have children sent off with the wrong people who have only vile intentions for the kids. I even read that some parents are falsely claiming that their Coyotes are the parent in order to pay off their debt to the Coyote... but it's really more like a ransom. It's horrible.

We are in the midst of a transformation. Parts of it will be violent. It will not turn out like anyone imagines.

I've pretty much resigned myself to seeing worse -- and apparently much worse -- before we see better. It's all part of the growing process I guess, and we have only ourselves to blame.

Thanks for your words, Bo.
You're one of the lights!

Oh no... you must not have heard.... I am apparently quite unhinged... and silly me, I'm wearing it as a badge of honor. That's just how unhinged I am!!!

Thanks much though -- and right back atcha

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Check. Check. Check.

Yep, we agree.

Well, look at it this way ... if you weren't "unhinged" from at least part of consensus reality, you'd be as crazy as they are.

I'll take your brand of "unhinged" any day.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Always find it funny how a political ideology can go from bashing the constitution to clutching it in the matter of a week. Both sids do it but liberals have to change their rules almost daily to suite their ever expanding moral superiority complex.

It's actually quite entertaining to watch these liberals in their leoTARDS competing at the mental gymnastics challenge of the oppression Olympics. Maybe one day they will be functioning members of society...
MAYBE...

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Next, they need to look into these "unlimited" visas that were being passed out by the truck load over the last 8 years.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Fox News needs to deport Shepard Smith over to MSNBC. He is still whining about families who broke the law being separated.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You DO realize the are 10 stars on that map. So I guess I have to question the validity of it until it's corrected.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Fox News needs to deport Shepard Smith over to MSNBC. He is still whining about families who broke the law being separated.

Instead, they just renewed his contract. LOL.

Time's they may be a changin'.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
June 25, 2020

A ruling/update today from the U.S. Supreme Court..

The Supreme Court ruled Thursday for the Trump administration in a key immigration case, determining that a federal law limiting an asylum applicant’s ability to appeal a determination that he lacked a credible fear of persecution from his home country does not violate the Constitution.

The ruling means the administration can deport some people seeking asylum without allowing them to make their case to a federal judge. The 7-2 ruling applies to those who fail their initial asylum screenings, making them eligible for quick deportation.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

originally posted by: links234
Source

Before the comments of 'they don't have rights' I'd like to remind you all that everyone in America is protected by the constitution, regardless of immigration status.

What constitutional rights do undocumented immigrants have?

In the ruling, Justice Antonin Scalia wrote “it is well established that the Fifth Amendment entitles aliens to due process of law in deportation proceedings.”

Do undocumented immigrants have the right to a day in court? The Supreme Court answered in 1896

[A]ll persons within the territory of the United States are entitled to the protection guarantied by those amendments, and that even aliens shall not be held to answer for a capital or other infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Why should we pay for them to argue why they can enter the US illegally?
We have already spent a fortune on these people.
This invading army has already fundamentally changed our nation demographically and politically. They turned California Democrat and soon Texas will follow - all due to illegal immigration.
In the end we may see our Republic destroyed all thanks to open borders and politicians willing to sell out their countrymen.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Illegal Immigrants have committed a crime. That is why they are called Illegal Immigrants. Normally when you commit a crime and get caught you go to jail. So lucky them - they do not have to go to jail - they are going back home.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Just make their day in court short, like 3 days. Breaking immigration is only a mistermeanor as I understand it. Terrrible.

First time, but then add in fraud and the crimes grow fast...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The author of that article seems to have injected a dose of their wishful thinking into that SCOTUS decision.

They just said that the guy filed the wrong paperwork for the relief he was seeking and that given the place he was detained he was eligible for expedited removal. That has been the norm for 23 years. What is it that the Trump administration is trying to do differently?

edit on 25-6-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join