It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When every fictional universe collides into one...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The event horizon is upon us!

With Disney apparently about to purchase Fox, we're that much closer to one single media power vacuum conglomerate owning roughly 99.99991% of all TV shows, TV channels, films, films franchises, magazines, comic books, movie studios, video game publishers, news networks, books, cartoons, newspapers, theme parks and petting zoos. The lines between utopia and dystopia are about to be blurred forever. Major motion pictures will premiere on network TV, while blocks will be busted with hordes of bewildered Homo sapiens desperate to watch infomercials and the Home Shopping Network in movie theaters. Popcorn will be mined from the earth and sprinkled onto chunks of hot buttery rock salt. Milk duds will be drank through plastic straws and soda pop will be as chewy as taffy...

Every president, congressman, senator and party has failed to stop this grey goo blob collision of all reality and fiction, ever since it was all initiated by Bill Clinton when he signed the Telecommunications Act of 1996. They've doomed us all...

But before the physical universe sublimates into a giant vapor cloud of the stinky variety, we still have but a few moments to muse about fictional mashups that would be cool, funny, or even absurd. What would happen??

What's your final fantasy of fiction, or worst mash up nightmare on Elm Street?

Star Wars goes to war with Star Trek?

Too easy!

Worf gets trapped inside the world of Spongebob Squarepants, now we're talking.

The Devil is in the details, and Disney our lord and savior must be appeased cretans!

Coming this summer on the NABCBSFOXAMCDisney Channel, it's....

...Justin Beiber as Mad Max in MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 10!

...Mickey Rourke as Hannibal Lecter in MEET THE FOCKERS 7!

...Bill Murray as Riddick in LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE!

...Rosie O'Donnell as Rocky Balboa in HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN 2!

Pay homage to our new god before YOU get trapped inside one of these endless fictional narrative nightmares for longer than eternity.

edit on 22-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

When every fictional universe collides into one...

I've been waiting for that day for a long time. And here it is. The End. Exciting isn't it.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

...Bill Murray as Riddick in LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE!

I wanna see this, more Riddick and more Bill is never a bad thing for me

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Imagine Bill Murray teaching little Laura important life lessons such as "You keep what you kill"

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Damm... turns out there are no Jedi's anymore...

f people like Zoe quinn or Anita Sakeesian become the people that control entertainment and with every new 'piece' of entertainment turning into some lecture into being pc correct SJW drivel I find myself more interested in Games. It's just I don't want to be political lectured but to be entertained.

Still hope anthem doesn't suck....

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
patton oswalt did an AMAZING monologue of sorts on Parks And Recs about this.
its way better if you read comics as a kid, but its brilliant nontheless.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i thought this was going to be about heinlein's 'number of the beast'

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I would like to see star trek universe mixed with star wars universe.. and make it the most expensive movie ever

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Worf gets trapped inside the world of Spongebob Squarepants, now we're talking.

*Dies laughing* YES!!!!!!!!

*A few hours later*
Worf, Spongebob and Patrick are outside of Squidward's blowing bubbles and annoying the crap out of him.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
When there's Jedi scum,
in the neighborhood
Who ya gonna call
JEDIBUSTERS!

When Yoda's giggling,
and it don't sound good
Who ya gonna call
JEDIBUSTERS!

Oh dear... the floodgates have opened.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
How about we just do a Marvel vs DC
Its bout time..

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Coming this Fall on the NABCBSFOXAMCDisney Channel, it's....

...Anita Sarkeesian as Mr. T in I'M GONNA GET YOU SUCKA The Remake.

...Kathy Griffin as Your Girlfriend in BASIC INSTINCT VR.

...Angela Merkel as Lord Humungus in THE SOUND OF MUSIC.
edit on 22-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This Fall in theaters everywhere it's...

Patrick Stewert as the Dude You're Getting a Dell Dude to host THE DAILY SHOW.

Flava Flav as Richard Nixon in HAMBURGER HILL The Series.

Rachel Maddow starring as the Can You Hear Me Now Guy in THE EXPENDABLES Season 3.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
And consciousness becomes a miasma of suspension of disbelief. Tailor made fantasies for all the kiddies to grow up within until such time as their dreams stream from the last cartoon of the evening and into the first pod-cast of the morning. Ah what a world.

That Telecommunications Act of 96 was designed by the 104th Congress controlled in both Houses by the Republican Party. It was an outgrowth of the de-regulation years of the previous Potus, Ronald Reagan and the corporations that controlled his presidency. That Act was a wet dream of capitalist media and presented to those who believed that corporations could be trusted to put the general welfare ahead of corporate profit as the perfect tool to inspire competition and further develop the emerging technologies of the day. And of course it back fired.

Slick Willy Clinton bears major responsibility for this atrocious bill as he signed it into law. Had he not been a self serving politician he would have stood up against this Republican Bill and challenged it. However, it was clear to him that the bill would offer short term excitement in the economic world and pour huge sums of money into the new technologies and that would be very very good for his image.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Guess I will start watching more foreign films...

line two...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just a side note on that bill.

Indeed, Bernie Sanders was among the only 3 percent of all of the members of Congress who voted against the legislation. The bill was intended to deregulate the industry to allow for more competition, but in deregulating it, the industry was vulnerable to massive buyouts and mergers. Bernie Sanders and a few other lawmakers saw the writing on the wall and opposed the legislation at a time when almost everyone supported it.

www.inquisitr.com... s-media/

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ig. Here is a piece written by a self proclaimed libertarian that you might enjoy

''How the Telecommunications Act of 1996 Brought Us Donald Trump''

riprowan.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
...Mariah Carey as Shamu in STAR TREK 4: THE VOYAGE HOME The Remake.

Jeez. Tough audience.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I would like to see star trek universe mixed with star wars universe.. and make it the most expensive movie ever

Yeah. Ion Cannons & Seismic Charges vs. Phasers & Quantum Torpedos.

Yesterday I was thinking it'd be wicked to see the Empire from Star Wars go head to head with the Necromongers from Chronicles of Riddick!

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Iron wolverine man made of vibranium nano bots gets superman prime powers and turns evil.

Jedi Akira goes through fist of the north star training to unlock his final form and is then hybridized with a Goku Berserker Super Saian god. He is good. Goofy too.

They fight for Fun. None wants to destroy earth or stop the other. They just want to fight.

Go!
edit on 6 24 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join