It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Doctrine Defined: ‘We’re America, B*tch’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
THIS is why America elected Donald J. Trump. Love it or hate it, America is a nation of proud individuals that had been effectively neutered.

It was bound to happen.

www.theatlantic.com...

The best distillation of the Trump Doctrine I heard, though, came from a senior White House official with direct access to the president and his thinking.... “There’s definitely a Trump Doctrine.”

“What is it?” I asked.

Here is the answer I received: “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

It struck me almost immediately that this was the most acute, and attitudinally honest, description of the manner in which members of Trump’s team, and Trump himself, understand their role in the world. I asked this official to explain the idea. “Obama apologized to everyone for everything. He felt bad about everything.” President Trump, this official said, “doesn’t feel like he has to apologize for anything America does.”

I later asked another senior official, one who rendered the doctrine not as “We’re America, Bitch” but as “We’re America, Bitches,” whether he was aware of the 2004 movie Team America: World Police, whose theme song was “America, F**k Yeah!”

“Of course,” he said, laughing. “The president believes that we’re America, and people can take it or leave it.”

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I mean....its a swagger i can support

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

You mean America prefers a leader that doesn't kiss foreign leaders asses?
Who da thunk it..

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I wish my country had a leader like that..

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Why the left hates him and all his progress.

I mean, we just watched a historic summit between warring nations and the Leftist still kepted swinging in Xue's thread, even Phage has fallen ill to leftist tactics, terrible tragedy my catfish noodling friend 😔

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I wish my country had a leader like that..

You can, run for office, I'd vote for you 😌

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

It is funny, I just heard NPR (yes, I listen to all sides before forming an opinion) admit that the last 25 years of a diplomatic approach has not worked. That reads Clinton, Bush, Obama failed. Trump Won.

And I like it:

We Are America, Btches!

MAGA
edit on 12-6-2018 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Even though it's a step closer to Idiocracy, it's ten times better than "make America great again"

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Making America Great Again one day at a time. No more globalists/EU/ George Soros to tell us what to do anymore. Bilderbergers and the G7 can go pound sand. We are America and we will not be pushed around or stolen from. MAGA 2020!

edit on 12-6-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Put that doctrine on a T-Shirt. I want one.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Quick question:

What's America going to do when the rest of the world finally grows tired of all the "America is the Greatest" nonsense and starts to wall you off and give you the isolation you so clearly crave?

Good luck sustaining your population for long when you can't import anything lol.

edit on 12/6/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

A free wall !! That's another win.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

"Wall" means more than just a physical wall.

Although I think you already knew that.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I've always thought that we need leadership that is wise, humble and calculating.

A doctrine of "we're America, bitch" sounds like an arrogant teenager with an over-inflated sense of importance and an entitled mentality.

If that is the goal, mission accomplished.

I prefer a "walk softly and carry a big stick" approach. Not a "walk loudly and tell everyone how big your stick is" approach.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yep.

With a population of over 320 million People.

A rich history of the good, the bad, the GD ugly.

Millions all over the globe try to emulate us, and as usual Trump haters got it backasswards and want to be like them.

We ARE America.

DEAL with it.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The reality: we still walk softly.

The departure is that Trump isn't doing apology tours, and it appears that if he's enriching his buddies, its not directly at the expense of traditional federal cash cows.

At the worst: its a different kind of crooked that seems to be achieving results.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: EartOccupant

"Wall" means more than just a physical wall.

Although I think you already knew that.

You obviously do not see the trend, we will fix America, be More respected and other countries will have to follow suit or be left behind. Is it that hard to be happy for us? The isolationist attitude will only be as temporary as it takes to get nations around the world on a better path. Vision man,get some!

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SunnyDee

There's no fixing this country.

Politics has infested every facet of our lives like a cancer and is destroying everything.

The only way it could be is to ban politics,political parties, and politicians.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I've always thought that we need leadership that is wise, humble and calculating.

A doctrine of "we're America, bitch" sounds like an arrogant teenager with an over-inflated sense of importance and an entitled mentality.

If that is the goal, mission accomplished.

I prefer a "walk softly and carry a big stick" approach. Not a "walk loudly and tell everyone how big your stick is" approach.

Why don't you actually look at this TrumpKim meeting an d judge accordingly. Do you see arrogance? Trump has the balls and the courtesy to meet Kim. I'm sure you will find something wrong with his visit though. Trump is loud as necessary and quiet equally, you just have to view him with different eyes.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: SunnyDee

There's no fixing this country.

Politics has infested every facet of our lives like a cancer and is destroying everything.

The only way it could be is to ban politics,political parties, and politicians.

And this attitude right here is why we voted Trump! Some of us have the will to fight a d make it right again! Try getting on the train and see if you can find some hope.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join