It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Google Banning Adwords Like 'Gun Grips, Scopes AND Sights'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
theconservativecartel.com...

The search engine will also be banning any AdWords that deal with the “3D printing of guns or gun parts,” this will include “instructions” on 3D printing of firearm parts. Google announced these new changes in an email, the subject line of which reads, “Google AdWords Policy Update – Change to Dangerous products or services Policy.” Breitbart possesses the email, which provides a “non-exhaustive list of examples of products for which ads will no longer be allowed.” Those include: Stocks Conversion kits Scopes and sights Tripods and bipods Gun-grips Gun-making instructions, software or equipment for 3D printing of guns or gun-parts

They are starting to put together a serious gun ban in place remotely and discreetly.

So i heard estimates that google holds somewhere around 90% of the online market.

I think that it is discrimination to corner the market on something then to apply your own views into the system while acting as a monopoly.

support.google.com...
googles official policy
www.businessinsider.com...
previous bans on the word gun

edit on 6.11.2018 by Kandinsky because: Dialled down the all caps shouty title.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
How long have you guys been crying that they're going to ban guns? Decades? Give it up already, it's not going to happen. Are we now going to start crying for gun ads to pop up on our screens?

For people that complain about people being "triggered" all the time you sure do get "triggered" just as often if not more than any other group.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Well they are a private company.

Do what we do in capitalism, vote with your dollar. Or in there case, you using them.... Plenty of search engines out there.

Also it looks like just the 3d printed aspect. Which in their defense is a legal tightrope.

3d printed components of guns could fail and cause damage or death.

Just playing devils advocate, don't mind me.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Do what we do in capitalism, vote with your dollar. Or in there case, you using them.... Plenty of search engines out there.

Also it looks like just the 3d printed aspect. Which in their defense is a legal tightrope.

3d printed components of guns could fail and cause damage or death.

Just playing devils advocate, don't mind me.

i guess you missed my comments in the op

this is not the capitalism we need when one company controls the whole internet!

that is true discrimination to not have options and be forced into something

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Leftist company.

Leftists love them their censorship.

I say this is a perfect example of leftist ideology at play.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
How long have you guys been crying that they're going to ban guns? Decades? Give it up already, it's not going to happen. Are we now going to start crying for gun ads to pop up on our screens?

For people that complain about people being "triggered" all the time you sure do get "triggered" just as often if not more than any other group.

i see you still let you mental short comings rule your post

read the op

it is about the word gun and not guns

it is about cornering the market of internet then forcing control through not having options

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Who funnel that vast majority of internet traffic through their networks.

Maybe it's time to break them up.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.desmoinesregister.com...

blocked then unblocked

there is a push happening currently as we speak

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The important issue here isn't guns, it's Google controlling what the majority of internet users see. They've been attempting things like this for a long time. Remember the Charlottesville VA rally? If you did a Google search for "Trump denounces racism Charlottesville" or something along those lines, guess what Google showed you? Every single search result was "Trump is racist", "Trump's presidency is failing", "Trump's team is quitting because he's racist", etc etc. Now, can you guess why a large portion of the public actually believed that Trump was refusing to speak out about the violence and condemn racism? Because Google controlled what they saw and led them to believe that he never did. You see, whenever they did a Google search about Trump, they didn't get the search results showing all of the times Trump spoke about racism and outright denounced it.
The issue isn't Google banning words about guns. If they are allowed to do that, they will only ban and control more things. Are you ok with some guy in an office somewhere deciding what news you're allowed to see, what religious beliefs you're allowed to be exposed to, or what political party you're supposed to support? No? Then stand up for the freedom of people to seek truth and knowledge of their own accord, not according to what someone else decides they can or can't see.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
So i heard estimates that google holds somewhere around 90% of the online market.

I ear (and read) many things, it doesn't make it true.

I think that it is discrimination to corner the market on something then to apply your own views into the system while acting as a monopoly.

It's their business, they can apply the conditions they want.

It's interesting how the article and your post ignore other legal things on that "banned" list:

Other weapons
The following is not allowed:

Knives that are designed or promoted (in modern-day usage) as products that can be used to injure an opponent in sport, self-defense, or combat

Any knife design that provides a confrontational advantage (including disguised appearance or assisted-opening mechanism)
     Examples: Switchblades, fighting knives, sword-canes, balisongs, military knives, push daggers, throwing axes

Any other product that's designed to (in modern-day usage) injure an opponent in sport, self-defense, or combat
     Examples: Throwing stars, brass knuckles, tasers, pepper spray

Tobacco
The following is not allowed:

Tobacco or any products containing tobacco
     Examples: Cigarettes, cigars, snus, chewing tobacco, rolling tobacco, pipe tobacco

Products that form a component part of a tobacco product, as well as products and services that directly facilitate or promote tobacco consumption
     Examples: Rolling papers, pipes, tobacco filters, hookah lounges, cigar bars

Products designed to simulate tobacco smoking
     Examples: Herbal cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Google = private entity. If you don't like it, crowdfund or support a browser engine that values America's freedoms.

The land of opportunity is only in the USA. Take advantage of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Google = private entity. If you don't like it, crowdfund or support a browser engine that values America's freedoms.

so in order for me to have the term gun show up in shopping search results i must create a larger internet platform than google

i was right today is idiot day

right in the op i pointed out that google controls basically all of the industry and any attempt to silence any legal products is discrimination by monopoly

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I ear (and read) many things, it doesn't make it true.

yet it is true that google has the internet covered

it is interesting how you ignore the facts of genuine discrimination

do you believe in freedom of speech?

do you believe that a company has the right to corner a market then dictate who and what google allows

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

That will open the door for other search engines to make a dent in Google. That's how it's supposed to work. Someone will come along to fill the needs of those Google chases off.

Google can do whatever it wants with it's company, the consumers decide.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

so in order for me to have the term gun show up in shopping search results i must create a larger internet platform than google

i was right today is idiot day

right in the op i pointed out that google controls basically all of the industry and any attempt to silence any legal products is discrimination by monopoly

So what are you going to do about it? Or are you just going to continue to simply point it out and that's it? It is idiot day, let's celebrate!
edit on 11-6-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

That will open the door for other search engines to make a dent in Google. That's how it's supposed to work. Someone will come along to fill the needs of those Google chases off.

Google can do whatever it wants with it's company, the consumers decide.

what other search engines?

do you realize where other search engines get their power from?

when one goes down the rabbit hole of advertising it is easy to see what is happening here.

not only is google adwords the largest they have the market cornered

new search engines do not just pop up.

link   

originally posted by: trollz
The important issue here isn't guns, it's Google controlling what the majority of internet users see. They've been attempting things like this for a long time.

Correction: they have been doing things like this for a long time.

Are you ok with some guy in an office somewhere deciding what news you're allowed to see, what religious beliefs you're allowed to be exposed to, or what political party you're supposed to support? No? Then stand up for the freedom of people to seek truth and knowledge of their own accord, not according to what someone else decides they can or can't see.
How do you propose to stop them using their database as they want?

link   
I am banning words like Google.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You don't appear to understand what freedom of speech applies to.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

yet it is true that google has the internet covered

Show me the facts, then.

it is interesting how you ignore the facts of genuine discrimination

I do not ignore them, it's their service, they can do whatever they want with it.

do you believe in freedom of speech?

Yes.

do you believe that a company has the right to corner a market then dictate who and what google allows
Written like that it looks like you are talking about two different companies. Regardless of them cornering a market or not they can obviously dictate what they allow, it's their business.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join