It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's new water rules WTH?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Typical Kalifornia feel good 💩💩. Punish the people, not fix the problems. My brother works in the local water district and he always complains about the older infrastructure and about how much water is lost and extra energy is used to maintain the water pressure with all the leaks. He says a huge portion of the infrastructure upgrade problem isn't the money. Its the state and local regs to get the construction started. All the reports and tests they want done to start the projects is insane...... except for when their is a catastrophic failure. So they just let # brake so they can do the work without the paperwork headaches.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BadRandy217

Me thinks all the money that is geared towards upgrades is gobbled up in beaurcracy and or embezzlement.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

They have 5 plants in California and yes one plant is only supposed to harvest 8 million gallons a year but they have been caught taking 64million gallons a year.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Seems to me most of these claims about desalination are either bad for climate change or bad for bottling companies ..
Californians make my head hurt they like in area where earthquakes happen regularly they build back ,they let underbrush build up to the point of yearly wildfires yet they build back. They bend over backwards to let illegal immigrants have access to funds and benefits they are not entitled to then then come up with moronic regulations and expect the rest of America to adopt them.. Years ago Cali came up with rule toilets water capacity had to be lowered because of drought well makers of toilets adopted low capacity toilets as the standard guess what happened a whole lot of clogged pipes and wasted water because the toilets had less volume of water to flush contents through pipes causing clogs and having to flush multiple times to clear toilet.

Climate change i.e. global warming was found by my observations to be horse excrement. According to manbearpig Gore in 2 years where I am at should be underwater guess what ocean still 30 miles away from my location I live by a river that is at sea level but rarely have it been a problem.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
California! Fix the damn pipes!!! In some areas underground leaks cause the loss of 40 percent of the water that flows through them.

Sources Please!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

Seems to me most of these claims about desalination are either bad for climate change or bad for bottling companies ..
Californians make my head hurt they like in area where earthquakes happen regularly they build back ,they let underbrush build up to the point of yearly wildfires yet they build back. They bend over backwards to let illegal immigrants have access to funds and benefits they are not entitled to then then come up with moronic regulations and expect the rest of America to adopt them.. Years ago Cali came up with rule toilets water capacity had to be lowered because of drought well makers of toilets adopted low capacity toilets as the standard guess what happened a whole lot of clogged pipes and wasted water because the toilets had less volume of water to flush contents through pipes causing clogs and having to flush multiple times to clear toilet.

Climate change i.e. global warming was found by my observations to be horse excrement. According to manbearpig Gore in 2 years where I am at should be underwater guess what ocean still 30 miles away from my location I live by a river that is at sea level but rarely have it been a problem.

Yes we build back where there are earthquakes and do people in most earthquake prone areas around the world. CA has very high building standards for just this reason.

The low flow toilets took a bit for people to learn to use - and the early ones have been replaced with toilets with two settings to avoid just such problems.

This is how progress works - you do something new - parts of it don't work - you learn from the mistakes and improve on design and usage.

Desalinazation is moving forward in CA:

www.mercurynews.com...

But there are many problems to be overcome - not the least of which are final water quality and process waste.

Here's an article on them:

pacinst.org...

You are free to think whatever you like about California and her residents but we do, as a whole through our elected officials and dedicated public servants, work these problems. Maybe not to your liking or mine but the problems are acknowledged, studied and solutions proposed and tried.

It's not often the way I would do it, but it often works well. And, and we do it within budget constraints that are impacting the quality of major services.

So again, I find California quite moderate and open minded with a few exceptions.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I was looking at Solar desalination today I don't see why we can't engineer/build massive ones That would pruduce huge amounts of freshwater with little operating expense .

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Ask these guys.
pv.energytrend.com...

I wonder what happened.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Maybe someone can get Elon Musk to take a stab at fixing the problem. The dude seems addicted to multitasking.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join