It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are real, but humans will probably kill them all, new paper says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I agree with very little in the article except for the artificial intelligence aspect and the many possible habitual worlds being discovered every month. Many on ATS believe in EBEs and believe they have already found planet earth and its' inhabitants..

I have never seen a UFO nor been abducted but... there are plenty who say they have.. Springer and I are rejects unfortunately.

I do understand Mr. Alexander Berezin's reasoning but I tend to disagree except for the AI stuff. Even then it would all depend on the initial programing IMO. Still... the article is some what thought provoking as the premise is, "First in, last out" !

There are hundreds of billions of stars in the Milky Way galaxy alone, Fermi reckoned, and many of them are billions of years older than our sun. Even if a small fraction of these stars have planets around them that proved habitable for life (scientists now think as many as 60 billion exoplanets could fit the bill), that would leave billions of possible worlds where advanced civilizations could have already bloomed, grown and — eventually — begun exploring the stars.

So, why haven't Earthlings heard a peep from these worlds? Where is everybody? Today, this question is better known as the Fermi paradox.

Here's the catch: For a civilization to reach a point where it could effectively communicate across solar systems, it'd have to be on a path of unrestricted growth and expansion, Berezin wrote. And to walk this path, you'd have to step on a lot of lesser life-forms.

"I am not suggesting that a highly developed civilization would consciously wipe out other lifeforms," Berezin wrote. "Most likely, they simply won't notice, the same way a construction crew demolishes an anthill to build real estate because they lack incentive to protect it."

Even Berezin hopes he is wrong !!
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Once we evolve to the point where we have no feelings to muddy truth and logic, and have shrugged off emotions and ego and all
Of the faults they bring, then , and only then, will we be allowed the opportunity to join the bustling hive mind of the universe. Assimilate or be ignored
edit on 4-6-2018 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
HUMANS! HUMANS! HUMANS!

To be honest we will probably kill each other off long before then.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Mhmm, what's up with all the alien stories on MSM lately?

They running out of content?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
Once we evolve to the point where we have no feelings to muddy truth and logic, and have shrugged off emotions and ego and all
Of the faults they bring, then , and only then, will we be allowed the opportunity to join the bustling hive mind of the universe. Assimilate or be ignored

Well even Spock got pissed on occasion ! Assimilate reminds me of some Borg collective in which case call be a June bug.

I think if a real intergalactic power appeared and there teck was bigger and better than magic .... And... they said OK earthlings this is the way it is going to be...Earthlings would have two choices... suck up big time and be good little members of the federation or..... get squished like a June bug under a car tire..

Of course the CIA/NSA would want to play along so we could steal their teck....kinda like China does to everyone today !!! hahahah

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I agree with the paper.
Met 6 killed 4.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I agree with the paper.
Met 6 killed 4.

What happened to the other 2 ?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

They managed to flee my wrath

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Why do all these articles presuppose that just because there are habitable planets that they somehow need to harbor intelligent life? While I think that life will be found to be ubiquitous intelligent life, in my opinion, seems to be a fluke. It's not some sort of end game in the evolutionary cycle, it was just a localized by product here due to environmental influences.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why do all these articles presuppose that just because there are habitable planets that they somehow need to harbor intelligent life? While I think that life will be found to be ubiquitous intelligent life, in my opinion, seems to be a fluke. It's not some sort of end game in the evolutionary cycle, it was just a localized by product here due to environmental influences.

You and many others believe that is so irregardless of any religious aspect... Maybe you are correct and maybe you are incorrect only time will tell..

I personally think the galaxy and the entire universe is teaming with life if you count bacteria and other like critters.. With the age of the universe and the trillions (yes trillions) of stars older than our sun it seems to me a very myopic view that we are the only life form who can carry on a civilized conversation or step on a spider and feel good about it..

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Not sure where you get trillions of years for the age of the universe and you didn't really address my point about the non-essential aspect of intelligent life vis a vis life's ubiquity.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
So do I. If we believe life just happened here, then the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of it happening elsewhere. Billions of galaxies each containing a billion stars....

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Not sure where you get trillions of years for the age of the universe and you didn't really address my point about the non-essential aspect of intelligent life vis a vis life's ubiquity.

I am sorry I thought you knew the best guess for the age of the universe is 13.8 billion years.. I said in my reply to you

With the age of the universe and the trillions (yes trillions) of stars older than our sun

I guess I should have said for those who do not know: " With the age of the universe being 13.8 billion years (best scientific guess) and the trillions (yes trillions) of stars older than our sun it seems to me a very myopic view that we are the only life form who can carry on a civilized conversation or step on a spider and feel good about it "..

Thanks for pointing that out I should have been more clear and informative.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

No worries, I kind of misread that myself.

So, about my point regrading intelligent life, any further input on why we should expect to see it elsewhere when it appears to have been a evolutionary fluke here?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

At certain level of evolution, a civilization may not require a body full of necessities like us.

A nice smoothie once a day, designed for full absorption will make obsolete teeth and toilet. No need a planet, just a mothership.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

No worries, I kind of misread that myself.

So, about my point regrading intelligent life, any further input on why we should expect to see it elsewhere when it appears to have been a evolutionary fluke here?

No not really other than all the reports of UFOs and my belief we are not alone.. I have no scientific proof unless you call the first search for life on Mars and the press release saying the Rover found signs of life...which was retracted as inconclusive at a later date. I just have a gut feeling (sorry to sound like a democrat with the feeling stuff) that there is life almost everywhere if given the chance..

As far as intelligent space faring sentient Beings in our galaxy the odds decrease drastically IMO but if just one of the 1000s of UFO stories/pictures are true then it only takes one to crack the case wide open...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I just have a gut feeling (sorry to sound like a democrat with the feeling stuff) that there is life almost everywhere if given the chance..

I don't disagree with this point as I posted in my previous replies.

As far as intelligent space faring sentient Beings in our galaxy the odds decrease drastically IMO but if just one of the 1000s of UFO stories/pictures are true then it only takes one to crack the case wide open...

Agreed, but I still feel intelligent life is a very high rarity when it comes to probabilities. There's just no required need for it.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
My wife makes me kill spiders that are not even a threat to us. Just because a spider exists does not mean we have to kill it. I will often get a piece of paper and haul it outside, but she would rather I killed it I think.

I suppose it is better to be psychopathic about killing spiders than humans. Although, she thinks anyone who does not like spaghetti or pizza is defective.
edit on 4-6-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Although, she thinks anyone who does not like spaghetti or pizza is defective.

Okay she has a good point, sounds like you married the right one!

This whole post has made me feel human guilt for killing the spiders and ants that made their way into my home. unknowingly.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So, IF there is life out there...which i do believe, why is it that we always think of them as more advanced socially and technically?

Maybe we are as good as it gets. I mean, survival of the fitest, right?...to me that means kill or be killed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join