It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head On Life Collision - Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I just had a...the craziest...I don't know what the F# it was..dream I guess. It was more like a hallucination or something, but I was sleeping (I think). I wanted to write this down before I forget it, and see what y'all make of it. I'd woken up around 1am last night, got a drink of water, surfed around on the interwebz for an hour or so and then laid back down to see if I could get some more sleep.

This is when I had the "dream", and it was the bizarro collision of all this crazy stuff going on in my life right now. But disturbing as hell.

I was at my parents retirement community (they've both passed now, but they were still alive). My wife and some other couple were with us. We got a call from the front desk about someone needing to be let in so I went to go do it. Next thing I know I'm lost in inside this ultra-modern like college dormitory or office with all these millennials, thousands of them, milling around inside this place that was like the game chutes and ladders on what I can only imagine as hallucinogenic drugs. There were all these levels, and ladders, and holes and dead ends. I was trying to find my way out. I finally manage to make it outside and there's this big concert about to start.

All these people are outside sitting on blankets and stuff and there's all this noise. I'm just trying to find a place where I can use my phone to call my wife to let her know I'm totally lost and trying to get back to where they are. We were leaving to travel back home, and I was late (because I was lost), so I needed to contact her, or someone. But my cell phone wouldn't work. It was like it was hacked or something, and all that would show up was this stupid video game. So then I tried to use my tablet PC (I don't even own one of these), but it was infected by the same thing, some stupid video game like thing and i couldn't get around it. Then some girl comes up to me and starts hugging me from behind, telling me she thinks she loves me and asking me all these questions.

Then I remember the people at the door waiting to get in, oh my gawd, they must have been waiting a long time. I've gotta' get to the front desk to let them in. So I take off, and try to find the front door, but from outside I can see I'm way far away from where I need to be. I finally manage to find my wife, but I still haven't let the people in the front door. I tell her all about this bizarro place I was and how crazy modern it was, and of course she wants to go see it, so I take her. All of a sudden this guy walks up with this device and taps it on my tablet PC and transfers some other virus like thing into it, full of ads and crap. (Dammit!) I eventually find these two girls who recognize what the hell is going on with my cell phone and PC, and have some software to fix it. They agree to help me out, but it's going to take a while. As I'm waiting I'm sitting there hoping the chick who was hugging on me telling me she loved me doesn't show up because how the hell would I explain that one to my wife. But it's time to leave on our trip back home. My damn cell phone still isn't working, my wife is pissed now because we're late and I still haven't gone to let the people in the front door (I realize I don't even know who they are).

By now I'm so pissed off in my dream I'm ready to just explode. We're in the car (leaving) and I can see my parents in the distance. They're both standing there like ...'He went to go let those people in and just disappeared. Where the hell did he go???' I want to get back over to where they are so I can at least get to say 'bye' to them, but I can't. I'm aggravated beyond description and then I just wake up like a shot. BOOM! Wide awake.

------end dream-----

So I'm sitting there on the edge of the bed, wide awake, scratching my head and wondering WTF just happened! And one of my dogs is looking at me like ... "Dad...you crazy!"

So there are several elements of this I don't get, and several parts I do get. First, I've been doing a tremendous amount of international traveling lately (a lot more than I talk about here) and I'm really mad about it (as I paid my dues long ago on the road-warrior circuit). I make good money at my career, but I'm ready to quit or retire over this BS. When you travel like that there's always time pressure on everything. Everything is a rush, so there's the time angle. One of our big corporate offices just converted to the new 'open office' concept (which explains the ultra-modern Chutes and Ladders game on acid thing) (I hate it BTW, but thankfully I don't work there). I just got a new cell phone for international travel which has been a struggle to set up with all the security and other connectivity I need. So there's the cell phone angle. I don't get the PC thing, but PC's come and go in my life like candy anyway so who knows on that one. I get the parents thing and wanting to say good bye. Of course I miss them, so that's understandable.

But here's what I don't get. I don't get the recurring prominence of the people at the front door waiting to get in. I don't get the concert thing. I don't get the girl coming up to me, hugging on me (grinding almost) and telling me she thinks she loves me. I don't get the Millennials being all over the place at this giant retirement community. I guess I 'sort of' get the lost thing because this seems to be a common ingredient in many dreams (lost signifying unsure of what direction to head in real life).

I wish I could describe just how crazy and vivid this dream was. I've tried to describe the basics above, but trust me it was 50x more bizarre than my mundane description.

Oh, and one other thing, an important thing...I woke up feeling like this great weight had been lifted off my shoulders, like I had answers to a bunch of life-questions I've been searching for. I don't know what those answers are (yet), but the burden of the questions had been lifted.

What the heck do you make of that???
edit on 6/4/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What a craziest dream!

Ain't the human brain the most amazing thing ever?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Perhaps it will be a recurring dream where the answers are symbolically revealed thru a mystical awareness.

Or maybe you just ate some bad chicken.
edit on 4-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Your dream sounds like the rat race. You're trying to escape it while we all know that there are thousands of millennials that are waiting in line behind you to experience it and live it like you have. This life "concert" has turned into a bunch of noise for you, but it sounds like a young girl "groupie" is trying to entice you into staying in the rat race and to continue to participate in worldly things while your subconscious is telling you to reach higher for spiritual things that matter more.

top topics

join