It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now What? State Bans Popular AR-15 Accessory, Not A Single Person In The Entire State Complies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

In good times, most people will comply. But when times are tough......?

Some of the homes will belong to dudes who just got laid off. Some guys will have just gotten served papers by the ex-wife. Some guys' main form of savings is those guns that the swat team will try to take for free...

"Fredom's just another word for nothing left to lose". -Janis Joplin

I remember a guy in a hick suburb of Dallas who killed a repo-man who was trying to take his pick-up. Shot him in his driveway at 3a.m. Media was horrified because a grand jury no-billed the case.

"I'm six months behind on my payments. No way the bank is going to believe the truck just 'happened' to get stole, when they were getting ready to repo..."

And another thing, you'd better take all the guns on the same night. Because the morning after the first raids, there are going to be a bunch of phone calls and texts. By the second night, not even my grandma will have her shotgun where you can find it.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Strange thought of the day. Maybe nobody owns them. Spend a lot of time and money for an imaginary problem. Great PR that none existed.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Strange thought of the day. Maybe nobody owns them.

As I pointed out earlier you could not use them in New Jersey prior to this law so I doubt there are very many.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It would only take one or two of those incidents for the people that band together and stand up against them. That's how it would work. You would have a couple of people who would either be arrested or shot and killed in that type of instance before you had people starting band together. We saw it with the Bundys, you do not want this to happen trust me.

Jaden

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

It would only take one or two of those incidents for the people that band together and stand up against them. That's how it would work. You would have a couple of people who would either be arrested or shot and killed in that type of instance before you had people starting band together. We saw it with the Bundys, you do not want this to happen trust me.

Jaden

That is how Lexington and Concord happened.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Glad to see this unconstitutional farce being ignored.

Come and take it.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Now that would be foolish, and rather counter-productive, wouldn't it?

I'd never place a child in that sort of danger.

Nope. Y'see, I can hide 'em better than they can hunt 'em, should it ever come to that.

If that day should come, God forbid, than it's the American Revolution Part 3. ...and they'll, whoever "they'll" might be, will begin to reap what they've sown. Only it'll be their lawn, their living rooms. But at a time of someones else's choosing, at a place and time of someone else's choosing.

But, I doubt very strongly that it'll ever come to that. They'll find ways to make it harder and harder for Americans to defend themselves and their loved ones legally. So we're forced, by circumstance, to rely on the govt. for our safety, thus ensuring their grip on power.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yet another example of how much you and I think a like.

I know a lot of the "gun grabbers" like to think that the folks who say "out of my cold, dead hands" are practicing a bit of over the top hyperbole...

Yes, quite a few are... But if even half mean every word, it'd be a blood bath, and the third American Revolution would be under way. Personally, I think it's well over half. That should scare some of the "grabbers" out there--a lot.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A push too far. A man or woman will back down only so far to preserve the peace... Few of us believe in the idiocy of "peace at any price".

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

When they start getting arrested they will!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Funny. "Gungrabbers" more false rhetoric from Trump and his base. Nobody is coming for our weapons. You folks need to give it a rest.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

SG, as you pointed out below, peace at the cost of our unalienable rights and liberties just isn't worth it

Yes, quite a few are... But if even half mean every word, it'd be a blood bath, and the third American Revolution would be under way. Personally, I think it's well over half. That should scare some of the "grabbers" out there--a lot.

The day any of these folks (the amorphous "they") decide to infringe upon our unalienable constitutional rights is the day they lose the legitimacy (and thus protections, presumption of good-intent) those positions offer. As far as PMC/foreign/UN troops go, they wouldn't get any such consideration on my behalf and should likely be treated as hostile invaders on sight

If it came down to it, "from my cold dead hands" means just that. Only as you put it, that hypothetical "they" have to sleep/eat/relax somewhere.

Molon Labe

I'm with you on this. I think TPTB have more sense than to plunge the country into civil war, while simultaneously weakening us on a global scale to enemy invasion/attack. But should they ever lose too many brain cells as the result of bloated bureaucracy, there are millions of patriots ready to remind them of the sacred duties we've entrusted them with (namely, upholding our unalienable rights)

edit on 5/30/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Really? Go take a look on Dem Underground. Ask if they want to come for our weapons.

Ask gun grabber groups, like Shannon Watts, Everytown for gun safety, moms demand action, etc.

They are absolutely looking to grab up guns. This includes assault weapons, military weapons, NFA weapons, short shotguns, standard/extended capacity magazines, suppressors, bump stocks, etc.

These are non-negotiable.
edit on 5/30/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If no one is coming for the guns, then you all have nothing to worry about. Right?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If it ever came down to it, I'd have no problem giving the authorities every registered firearm that I own.

I want to be a good citizen.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We, very carefully, won't mention the un-registered, will we?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

We, very carefully, won't mention the un-registered, will we?

What are those?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

To coin a phrase? #. Pure, unadultered #. More than one politician, and organization, has said just that.

The only reason you've not heard it, is you're not listening. Not too surprising from your side of the issue. After all, your sides idea of compromise is gun owners giving something up while y'all don't. Just so you know, that ain't compromise. I'm done "compromising".

As for Trump base? Sunshine, I never came close to voting for the man. To call me a part of his base would be, hmm... Mistaken.

Why not practice a bit of intellectual honesty, and explore the issue with bit of, oh, I don't know, blinder removal.

Like some others who insist upon repeating your mantra, repeating it over and over doesn't make it any less bullshyte.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I heard someone say it once...somewhere...I thought maybe you'd know.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It's convenient how they miss that this position has been around longer than Trump has had a base.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join