It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sugar free Lifestyle and the Ketogenic Diet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So - is anyone still on KETO?

Let's get the party started again if not!

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I turned the page.
KETO is rather restrictive to me and didn't answer the problems I had.
I found Intermittent Fasting.....it works, does not limit what you eat....and is very doable.
edit on Sat Aug 17 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: clarity...and I should do a thread about it....

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I went on Keto. I worked out and continued my work which is labor intensive. I lost 25 lbs. I went off keto. I gained 10 lbs. I went back on keto an lost 20 lbs. I feel so much better at 260 than 295. Going to stay on keto for the rest of the year, and then ease back into real food.

The key to the whole thing is to:

1) Fill up on shrubbery. Augument that greenery with cheese and spices.
2) Cut down on alcohol. Neat alcohol has zero carbs, but it still somehow adds to your load. Just cut down. It will help.
3) Eat healthy fats. Coconut Oil. Olive oil. Some butter.
4) exercise. Really push yourself. You will be glad. If you work out, establish a schedule.
5)Just live and be happy. Really. Explore your world. Walk. Walk your ass off. If you can swim, swim you ass off. ALL MOTION HELPS.
6) If you can tolerate avocados, eat one a day. The fats are stellar for this diet. Sprinkle some flaxseed on it.
7) THIS might be the most important thing: Drink LOTS of water. Constantly. If you wait until you are thirsty, you are already under the gun. Drink lots of water.
edit on 17/8/19 by argentus because: spellin'

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

When you ease off keto, why do you think you won't gain it back?

When I eased off LC years ago, I gained back 1/2 of what I lost, despite efforts to eat right.
Those carbs will get you EVERY time.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I hope to bump up my physical game in spite of the impending seasonal elevation of temperature. ;o)

Also, I'm learning how to put down the #ing fork.

Well, it needed to be said.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13
Hi Silo.
Are you currently doing keto?

Munchies are: a few olives; a few cashews; a few peanuts; a pickle; raw veggies; no overdoing anything.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I live off meat (mostly beef and lamb), fish, mushrooms, eggs, butter, nuts, a little bit of cheese and occasionally Onion and chopped tomatoes. That's it really. I don't like vegetables, never have and never will. I have been in and out of keto for over a decade, cheated/came off a lot, gained weight, felt like # again, mental health declines rinse and repeat. That's because I was treating it like a diet mostly.

It really is a lifestyle though, not a diet, for me! the mental clarity, the energy wether it be lifting in the gym or just daily life, clearer skin, stable moods, weight loss (when you don't over do the calories) it's all worth it.

Fasting too as DTOM mentioned, I do daily and have for a long time, extended ones too occasionally. This will teach you a lot about how you don't need what you think you need, I am a hell of an emotional eater, and a bit on the sensitive side so if it weren't for the fact I don't like giving up and I constantly fight i'd be about 200kg by now.

Good post Argentus

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join