It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube........What is going on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
O.K.,, here's the deal. When you get older, its damn near imperative you exercise, cardio and legs at a minimum so each day I jump onto the eliptical and to relieve the sheer bordeom I call up one of my favorite playlists on Youtube so I have something to watch and listen do for the next two miles.

6 months ago......no problemo.

Now........Youtube hijacks my playlist and inserts some other music, typically AWFUL CRAP! And it never reverts back to my playlist.

What the H is going on with this?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
They're 'suggesting' your preferences to you.

Turn off the option to create playlists.
Use your fave' tab instead. YouTubes algorithms are also set to show you material that you disagree with, for me it's SJW nonsense all the time as I watch a lot of Jordan Peterson and the like.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yea , I don't know what they did and haven't figured out as of yet how to make it like it was but maybe a bunch of tweeter hashtags like MYTGA would send a message . Then again I thing the god google has all their platforms shifting to something other then what it was .

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Part of Googles new alogorithm is to combat extremism. They say extremism is fostered by people who only read one side of the political spectrum on any given subject, either all left or all right, and Youtube compensates for that by filling up your 'suggested' tabs with stupid shiz.

They're trying to be the devils advocate, the only problem with that is, most people hate the devil to begin with....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting. This hasn't happened to me so far, but then again, my music playlist on there isn't very large. If it does happen, I won't be happy. Feel free to suggest away, but don't dare start playing those suggestions instead of what I chose to listen to.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

They are toying with the algorithm again. Rather than a playlist created by you the algorithm assembles stuff it "thinks" you wanna hear. Slowly they are taking the power from the viewer and making youtube more like broadcast TV. Where you only see what they want you to see.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Thanks for the heads up. Working out is essential to living.

And... What is "YouTube"....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
They're 'suggesting' your preferences to you.

Turn off the option to create playlists.

Use your fave' tab instead. YouTubes algorithms are also set to show you material that you disagree with, for me it's SJW nonsense all the time as I watch a lot of Jordan Peterson and the like.

Yes..YouTube will decide what you like and is starting to tell you what you should belief and not belief when somebody is posting a questionable presentation/ idea...or whatever. The thought police has arrived..

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Part of Googles new alogorithm is to combat extremism. They say extremism is fostered by people who only read one side of the political spectrum on any given subject, either all left or all right, and Youtube compensates for that by filling up your 'suggested' tabs with stupid shiz.

They're trying to be the devils advocate, the only problem with that is, most people hate the devil to begin with....

My youtube was some electronics stuff, some fun stuff like Hydraulic Press, and random Star Wars/ Trek stuff, with a random thing here or there. I watch Periodic Table of Videos, Slo Mo guys, etc. Recent events in Hawaii (wife's uncle lives in/ around Honolulu) have me dredge up the latest lava flow vids from time to time. News is so rare, it could be a unicorn.

Not. Any. More. I have been flooded with random, weird, and news to the point I want to throw my entire setup into the street and run it over with the car. Stuff that literally has me yelling "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS S***???". The stuff that I like, that I watch, that I enjoy, has been taken away, scrambled up, and I have been served utter s***.
edit on 26-5-2018 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join