It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article: I’m A Democrat, And The Left’s Russia Gaslighting Scares Me More Than Trump Does

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

To me, it's being a responsible liberal to hold the DNC and media accountable. All of us left and right need to care about corruption, misuse of the justice system, and reforming media to be more balanced and accurate.

Well posted, and something we should all agree on.
Something I am throwing around with friends is we need some serious bipartisan advocacy campaigns to reform issues that affect both our entire system and are harming effective policy and politics. Some areas that I think could be agreed on are the following:

1) campaign finance reform
2) media accuracy
3) anti corruption
4) reducing the influence of lobbyists
5) creating or strengthening conflict of interest laws such that the revolving door of gov officials, politicians, and industries they are supposed to regulate is addressed.
6) looking into any campaign or electoral discrepancies or fraud

These are transcendental issues that are harming us all. We can't even get to the point of reform and passing legitimate policy without some of these being addressed.

While we may disagree with later policy prescriptions, I think and hope we can unite on these. Join me!
edit on 24-5-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
oh good I'm not the only who woke up to the fact that half of the country needs to be put into an insane asylum and heavily medicated and treat for serious brain trauma

the crap I see people thinking and believing is insane

our education system is a TOTAL FAILURE

pull your kids out of school and stop paying taxes

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Much of it is that the media and many politicians lie to or manipulate the public constantly.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Same thing with McCain. And he’s a decorated war hero! So much for honor and respect for veterans...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Same thing with McCain. And he’s a decorated war hero! So much for honor and respect for veterans...

I thought you advocated that one person of a group should never represent the whole?

I guess that only applies to those groups you like I guess, HUH?

Hypocrite!!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Does McCain represent all Republicans? I don’t think so.

Does this woman represent all Democrats? Nope. And I never even insulted her the way you guys have insulted McCain. And I never specifically addressed what she says here. I just noted that she is a very conservative Democrat. That’s it.

First I get attacked by being accused of false tolerance of women of color, then I get accused of being a hypocrite. Jeez, you guys are vicious!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Because mcstain is a reporter?
Your comparison is confusing, has mcstain called out corruption in dc on both sides? No he was busy sacking s&l's and singing about bombing foreign countries.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Did I call this woman a derogatory name? Did I accuse her of being evil? I just noted that she is very conservative for a Democrat.

ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! That’s all you guys know how to do.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

To be fair, she is a very conservative Democrat. Some would call her a DINO. Did you know she is in favor of arranged marriages?

I'm not sure supporting arranged marriages fits the 'conservative' bill?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

what makes me sad:

That nothing else matters here other than if she fits in the "Democrat" box.

What she is describing is something true and real. The news is filtered and inconvenient facts are left out. By everyone, so lets not mire ourselves in a discussion of "but Fox" here.

She may be a democrat. Or a "very conservative democrat". The fact that she is a democrat gets any mention at all...that makes me sad for our nation.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

Does McCain represent all Republicans? I don’t think so.

Does this woman represent all Democrats? Nope. And I never even insulted her the way you guys have insulted McCain. And I never specifically addressed what she says here. I just noted that she is a very conservative Democrat. That’s it.

First I get attacked by being accused of false tolerance of women of color, then I get accused of being a hypocrite. Jeez, you guys are vicious!

Did you, or did not not say the following generalization?

And he’s a decorated war hero! So much for honor and respect for veterans...

This statement clearly states that one veteran's opinion or actions equates to ALL veterans (including many here on ATS)....does it not?

I stand by my accusation of Hypocrite!!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Did I call this woman a derogatory name? Did I accuse her of being evil? I just noted that she is very conservative for a Democrat.

ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! That’s all you guys know how to do.

Please by all means point out where I have attacked you in this thread, and I will be happy to apologize.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You know what makes me sad? This site makes me sad.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

When you head to places like YouTube and FB you can be made far, far sadder. On ATS we have civility, and some good thinkers.

I think you are being a bit dramatic.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

But it’s not just that she is a Democrat

It’s that she doesn’t look me trump, and still recognizes that what the intel community is doing to hhim m is wrone

The ability to speak out for justice for someone you do not like is what is relevant

Just like Alan Dershowitz civil libertarian and someone who desperately didn’t want trump elected has come mdned the corruption of this investigation

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's amusing to sit back and witness the mental gymnastics Dems and lefties go thru to justify their crapola.

Something as blatant and simple as the DNC and Hillary colluding against Bernie, not caring about, then turning around and screaming for 18 months about Russian collusion that there is still no evidence of, while also ignoring actual business/collusion between Clinton/Podesta and Russia, and literally not realizing the hypocrisy in it all is mind-blowing.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You know what makes me sad? The fact that some people here either will not or cannot see the hypocrisy in their own statements. The fact that acknowledging this and apologizing is beyond their comprehension, all for politics.

That makes me sad.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I come here as a liberal to get out of my 90% liberal bubble.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

I come here as a liberal to get out of my 90% liberal bubble.

I for one applaud you for taking that opportunity to see and hear both sides. I try to do the same. But (as you probably would agree) some of the drivel and half-truths and vitriol being presented as "news" in the MSM (ALL the MSM outlets) can make you feel so dirty you need to take a shower in bleach.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Dear lord... I couldn't imagine.

I saw the machinations of.. "this" starting about ten years ago. I was never a Democrat, but I was (and still am) pretty hard left.

The mere fact that I felt Trump was a better choice than Hillary is enough to be ostracized. Its gone far, far beyond simple groupthink into something much, much worse.

Sad really.. I've always felt the left was good for pushing the boundaries of change and progress while the right kept it all grounded. There's a really nice balance there.

My biggest concern at this point is the right responding in kind. Despite the protests otherwise, the right simply hasn't reached the level of disconnect that the left has. Sure, the typical, obvious manipulations are all still there.. but this new stuff is a whole 'nother level.

And frankly, its frightening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join