It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you ever think about how insignificant decisions others make can change your life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
insignificant to them but a decision they make could change your life years down the road....

this sounds stupid but i have been thinking about it for the past couple days because a decision someone made in the netherlands caused a man who lives in california to make a decision that in a round about way changed my life. pretty cool

so as some on here know i am a huge fan of jiu jitsu. have been for more than 20 years. have been an on again off again practitioner the whole time.
so i was listening to a podcast with my favorite jiu jitsu player the other day. he has 90 schools across the world and is one of the most sought after coaches in no gi jiu jitsu and it happened by accident.

back around 96 he still wanted to be a musician and was a fan of yngwie malmsteen. well malmsteen started putting on the pounds so this guy started to think he did not want that to happen to him. wanted to stay in shape for the stage. so he started martial arts. very quickly he went from karate to jiu jitsu and that was it. he got obsessed.
in 03 he tapped out the best guy in the world at his weight who had probably been a black belt longer then he had been training. he was a brown belt when he did it.
since then the association grew to what i had mentioned.

this changed my life cause i was getting into jiu jitsu around the same time. this guy used to post on the underground so i would kind of follow his # on there. then the match in 03 happened and that was all she wrote. i got serious about it. a LOT of it had to do with this guy.

i think its funny that his path happened by accident and its because he didnt want to gain weight like yngwie.

its just cool to think about.

you guys ever think about # like that?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

you ever think about how insignificant decisions others make can change your life?

Yes, and this is the only reason I wear a seat belt.

Great post though. The effects we make on each other, whether we are aware of it or not is incredible.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Definitely, especially how after my former friend's "insignificant decision" to take drugs and assault me on Thursday.
Needless to say that is the last time I ever hangout with him,not that I invited him over on Thursday anyway,I made it clear I didn't want to hangout when he called me around 2pm,yet he just decided to show up at 10pm anyway,clearly high AF,his pupils were so dilated it was as if that is all his eyes were.(just pupils)
He seemed ok so I agreed to talk with him at the park near where I live,then as we are talking he offends me so I go to walk away and blocks my way,I tell him to get the F out of my face,and then he proceeds to grab me from behind and try to throw me over the bridge we are talking on or onto the concrete, it is a miracle I broke free and I thank the Lord my God for giving me the strength to break free.

That guy is normally stronger than me, he lifts 120 pounds fairly often and with ease,he is also larger than me,it is only by the grace of God I was able to get away or I might not be typing this right now. I have done so much for that guy over the years that for him to treat me like that was insane. I have easily spent more than $1k getting him nice presents on his birthday and other gifts over the years. He has maybe spent 1/7 of that on me.(just for comparison)

Just goes to show the importance of this verse;

Acts 20:35
35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

That was the last of countless straws for me,I have been a way better friend to him than he ever was to me,but I draw the line at physically violence especially since he could have easily killed me there.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yes. All the time.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Was the "Get the F out of My face..." before/after thanking Him?

Oh and great verse. I'd point out some rad verse too but My hands are dirty, so what would it be like Me pointing fingers?

Cool bombs in the avatar too
But who is keeping score?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I used to have a recording studio in the 80s and occasionally my friends youngest son would come by and we'd play around with recording. Not long after he began to get involved with stage production in school. Now he's the head stage production guy for the entire school system and makes a living doing it.

I've been involved with a lot of bands recording and doing live sound, even recording my own music for many years. I had done so out of my love of music and the industry, art of art's sake more or less. Occasionally I thought of how one of those bands may have used a demo recorded at my place or was scouted at a performance I set-up to eventually become famous. That never happened, although some are still out playing gigs and have found some minor fame, but musicians will continue to pursue music if it's in their blood.

Fine arts was another area I made an impact on other people while it did very little for me personally. It's like the butterfly effect on people's lives. Even if you do nothing it has it's effect on reality.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I dont dwell on much. I see them make decisions. Yes. I have my ways of inputting into the process sometimes.

It doesnt really matter what puppet has his strings crossed with mine. I am looking for scissors

Like today. I think my computer got nuked again. My anguish lasted about 60 seconds. Did someone decide to hack me or did my power company surge the lines? Who knows or cares.

I can fix it. If you are not dead then youre still fighting. No "decision" anyone can make is FINAL.

Thats how I see it. Im not too good to suffer. Others arent too good to avoid my world of Karma, good or bad as it may be weighed.

Kings can decree destiny. Not even kings can avoid fate.
edit on 5 22 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I once moved up to the far North to worked for a technology company. After a year one of their sales guys on a 1.5% commission won a £180 million enterprise contract for a national project, pushing the whole company into the battle-space of multinational corporations. One of their US rivals sent in a snatch-squad and poached the two lead architects who had a combined 60 years experience, practically paralysing the whole company. Management were in a panic running from meeting room to meeting room for a whole week.

Local government told our directors not to promote anyone any further and have a fresh talent initiative instead. The whole workforce were absolutely furious - the main hall where the announcement was being made had the atmosphere of a thunderstorm. As our team had finished their project and were waiting for new assignments, we found ourselves Room 101'ed. Everyone started using their personal contacts to find new jobs abroad and beam themselves off ship. The company ended up in the hands of a scavenger corporation that like the Borg would acquire and salvage anything they could. My escape strategy was to go back to university and once there I could watch as everyone in the company was assimilated.

Occupational hazard of working for corporations - having some bright spark who decides he wants the most qualified/most experienced/whoever knows the most/whoever has been working there the longest/whoever was last working on it to do the dead-end work that only wrecks your career.

top topics

join