It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope and Change for the left.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I have good news for all those on the left.
As of right now, there are 897 days until the next election. That means that you will have the ability to vote in a leader who more fits your views of what the United States should be run like.

But as a conservative, I have a really hard time understanding what the message is. What you stand for. What you want for the future of the US.
I'd like to know who you see as a viable option for your version of leader. I'd like to know what changes you want to see. Hell, I might agree with some of them. Others too.

So rather than tell you what I think you are about, I want to listen and learn.
edit on 20-5-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm curious also.

Will watch with baited breath.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

As an independent I have a hard time understanding what conservative politicians do that is conservative other than that old England definition.

I mean Rand Paul is insane for trying to freeze spending or reinforce privacy rights.

But yeah now that gay marriage is legal I guess democrats still have abortion?

It's like dumb and dumber if you ask me. Pick a day and switch who is who.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm curious also.

Will watch with baited breath.

Are you being Frank?

The election is actually less than 6 months away.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I could spend all day saying what the left is going to run on.

But yeah, would really like to discuss what they want to run on.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Hope and Change for the left.

We can hope that they will change

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It's clear by the first few replies you would all rather just meme and circle jerk with each other all day than "listen and learn." Good luck!

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
It's clear by the first few replies you would all rather just meme and circle jerk with each other all day than "listen and learn." Good luck!

You gleaned this from 5 replies? Well what have you got to say then?

+4 more 
posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I'm not a Lefty, but you Righties will always assume I am since I am not on your team. In fact, maybe you'll see this site is dominated by conservatives and you probably won't get many actual Lefties to respond because they don't exists on ATS.

That said, I'm looking for a leader who will stop being a tool for the MIC, stop bombing multiple countries, stop invading and toppling countries, and end these insane "wars" in the Middle East that are costing us an INSANE amount of money by the day!

Funny we don't have money for people to go to college, infrastructure, or healthcare for all but we ALWAYS have money for war, bombs, and all things for "Defense". We spend more money on Defense than the entire world over, and over. This needs to stop.

I'm looking for a leader who will end the War on Drugs, federal mandatory minimums, and Private Prisons. Something is wrong when America pretends to be the bastion of freedom but has more of it's population imprisoned than any other country.

I'm looking for a leader who isn't a puppet for Wall Street, Corporations, and wealthy elitists Donors and will end the absurd idea that money equals Free Speech while killing off Super Pacs, aka Citizens United. I want a leader who will get money out of politics so our politicians actual cater to the voters, the working class, average Americans, instead of their wealthy Donors.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I wonder when the right will see some bonafide hope & change.

And then all the rest of US...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I'd like to know who you see as a viable option for your version of leader.
Tulsi Gabbard

Problem is the core Democrats have gone so far off the deepend in LaLa crazy land they will probably do something stupid like nominate Hillary again or Nansi Pelosi........

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

I'm all ears.

Talk.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Problem is the core Democrats have gone so far off the deepend in LaLa crazy land they will probably do something stupid like nominate Hillary again or Nansi Pelosi........

If Trump cuts one more nickle from Medicaid, Medicare and social security....the geezers will revolt and vote democratic even if the dembs candidate is a yellow dog.
edit on 20-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
By the end of Trumps term, not Trump will be about all they need. The gates will be open for a whole new level of corruption. And you can think Trump for that.

For spearheading an administration so dirty even the director of the office of government ethics resigns, rather than have to deal with the multitude of daily ethics violations. I understand it’s all fun and games when it’s Trump doing it, but what about when people are tired of him and those democrats you hate so much now have the same ethical leeway that Trump now has?

Part of me thinks this has been the plan all along. Get someone as devoid of ethics as Donald Trump in the Oval Office, whip his supporters up into such a frenzy they won’t question his actions or really even investigate them, then boot him out. Now when the next guy comes in (who will undoubtedly be a democrat) the bar is set so low that they can get away with anything.

When the shoe is on the other foot I think it’ll be time for self reflection for a lot of people.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsAreDumb

originally posted by: network dude

I'd like to know who you see as a viable option for your version of leader.
Tulsi Gabbard

Not seeing that. It didn't fly in 2016, it won't in 2020. That's political suicide. Besides they can always control things with a figurehead.

I think this question goes beyond that though. It's more about policy if I'm reading this right.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

But as a conservative, I have a really hard time understanding what the message is.

I'm not surprised. I have found that many, if not most, of those that call themselves conservative do not even know what conservatism is. So it is not shocking you have a hard time understanding the "message" of others when you don't know your own.

The Left in general has long way to go to getting their # together. Their message, honestly, sucks. But I think it would be best for people such as yourself on the Right to get your own house in order.

Just because your party is in power, does not mean you are perpetuating the conservative agenda. In fact, it appears the opposite is true.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Ummm...let me see...even though I’m not a leftist...(libertarian)...I can list a few areas I’m in agreement with true liberals on...

1...husband the environment...clean up the effing plastic garbage patches in the oceans...(obviously a multinational issue)
Increase incentives for non polluting technologies...me likey electric vehicles...mandate every new home have solar or rooftop wind turbines or combinations of various...”free”...energy electricity production...
Fill the batteries of your vehicle at home from your rooftop/backyard grids...pay a useage fee to power up at charging facilities or while at work...

2...do something humane for those that are lost in homelessness or drug addiction...these are your neighbors...if we rail about the loss of family values or neighborhood/community...then recognize perhaps that some of that loss reason resides in each of us and our penchant to walk on by rather than recognize the humanity and very human problems that have real solutions...if only we took the time and offered an extended hand...

It’s a hard thing I know...but if we want to reclaim our communities and have real neighborhoods where we acknowledge and friend one another and share that friendship...then perhaps all that’s needed is a slight change of heart and an open inclusive mindset...

3...Race relations...I know how simplistic this will sound...I was prejudiced against watching the Marvel movie...Black Panther...I sat down with my girl and our daughter and watched it this past Friday...I was crying by the end of the movie...not in essence because of the theme...but how my occluded worldview was shattered...

I watched this movie and realized not for the first time...but again...how truly beautiful people are...that it wasn’t a requirement that I view interpersonal struggles and triumphs through the lense of pigmentation...that we all laugh and cry...love and build...tear down and raise up together...as a species...not as a subset or singular branch...
It’s our reach that defines us...what we strive for together...again...in community and neighborhood and by extension as a species...

Perhaps all we really need to heal racial division is a touch of humility and humbleness...we all struggle much the same and for much the same reasons...how sad that I had forgotten this...that it took a fictional film to unmask occlusion and recognize inclusion...

There are many more areas that I have open and unspoken agreement with those who consider themselves leftist or progressive or liberal...
In the end however...we all breathe...eat and sleep...put on our clothing and masks much the same...the best part...the inner part of all these interpersonal and seemingly different struggles is internally...we operate from the same core values...we love our children...we wish for a better world...we wish to step beyond the boundaries that ignorance and prejudice instill...

Overly simplistic...I know...better to shut out difference and fear the night...better to shut in like sentiment and chew it’s fat...

Can’t we taste how truly rancid that has become...?

YouSir
edit on 20-5-2018 by YouSir because: I could...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Half the democrats don't understand the far left either. Why do people take politics so seriously nowadays, worry about things you can change, leave the deceivers in Washington duke it out themselves. Pretty soon they will retaliate and start cutting beneficial programs and use all the money to buy lawyers and to fund investigations giving all the nation's money to the investigating agencies or committees.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Well...then the GOP can invent charges to investigate ad nauseum.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: underwerks

Well...then the GOP can invent charges to investigate ad nauseum.

As is custom.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join