It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seldom is a remake better...BUT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
In a defining moment, one song was legend. Depending where you were on planet Earth, this song was the first song on the original MTV. Some places was Michael Jackson, but no matter where you were, this was close to first...and it it really said something. Took years to understand. At first it just seemed like a silly new wave song. Seldom has a song ever been remade by the original artist's (including even those silly dancing girls, who weren't really all that silly after all...they actually could sing!).

Remade, it really is better...and what a wonderful song...

Ladies and gentlemen...The Buggles!

Oh, and perhaps it's fitting...even Prince Charles was there that night (and if you look closely you'll see him in the video)
edit on 5/20/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It sounds like the same song that I've always heard? What is it that makes this a remake? Are the lyrics different?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

For someone that wrestles cows for a living, you sure do have a surprising taste in moosic. I cower when I hear this song. It mooves me deeply. And quickly. I remoove myself from within hearing range and if necessary, I do run hell for leather. It would behoove us well to remember that they used to press cow dung on vinyl in the old days.

I go places where they play moozak. Moozak is like moosic on heavy tranquilisers. It's enough to put a cow to sleep. Maybe you should try moozak on your cows.

Have a good day meow

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I have always liked this song for some reason. Trevor Horn who you see above is actually a very accomplished bass player and producer. I saw his band play live couple years ago and they were excellent.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It sounds like the same song that I've always heard? What is it that makes this a remake? Are the lyrics different?

This. Performing the song live at an event is not a remake, unless I'm missing something. Which is very possible.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Dunno about the "remake" term..

But, some bands just thrive in a live environment. With technology, they don't need to anymore, but I've seen some bands live that absolutely blow their studio stuff out of the water.

Plenty don't though.. and there are many that sound exactly the same live as they do in the studio. Wonder how that happens..

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Okay, sorry for the annoyance.

My apologies.

Have to travel tomorrow (to South America).

Back soon.

Take care all.

top topics

join