It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh Oh! Doesn't Look Like Mueller is Done with Crony Cohen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Some folks have assumed that Mueller's team handing off information to the USAO-SDNY likely indicated that Mueller's team was done with Cohen. After all, why would Mueller give up leverage over Cohen if he's still a subject (or target) of the investigation?

This development reported by Politico suggests that a Cohen indictment in the Mueller investigation is still quite possible.

Ukrainian politician behind controversial peace proposal to appear in Mueller probe

KIEV, Ukraine — A Ukrainian politician who communicated with Trump associates about a controversial plan to resolve Ukraine’s conflict with Kremlin-backed rebels said Monday that he has been called to testify before a grand jury connected to special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

Andrii Artemenko said he could not provide details of his upcoming appearance before the grand jury, which he said is scheduled for Friday. But he said he assumed he would be asked about the peace plan, about which he communicated with Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s longtime personal attorney, in early 2017.

First thing to note, this isn't an interview by the Mueller team — Artemenko has been subpoenaed to testify in front of the grand jury. The second thing to note is that as he assumes, Artemenko has almost certainly been subpoenaed to give testimony about his "peace plan." The third to note here is that the tale of the "peace plan" has four named characters: Andrii Artemenko, Felix Sater, Michael Cohen and Michael Flynn.

One of those has cut a deal and is cooperating. Another is Artemenko himself. A reasonable conclusion is that the Mueller team is seeking to indict one or both of the others. Given Cohen and Sater's relationship, it's hard to imagine prosecuting Sater without Cohen being called as a witness in the trial. If Sater was the target, why not try to use the whatever was passed along to the US Attorney's office to compel Cohen to flip on Sater?

Now, for those who don't know what the hell is being discussed here, a brief recap of the Ukrainian "peace plan" affair:

Artemenko was a Ukrainian member of parliament. He was allegedly put into contact with Felix Sater by a mutual acquaintance. He pitched his "peace plan" to Sater who then had Cohen meet with him and Artemenko over dinner. At the dinner, Artemenko pitched a "peace plan" which entailed Russia signing a 50 or 100 year lease for Crimea. Artemenko claimed that the peace plan had been endorsed by Putin's aides. At the end of the dinner, Artemenko gave "his" Putin-endorsed "peace plan" to Michael Cohen. Along with the plan, Artemenko reportedly gave Cohen kompromat on Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko.

Following the meeting, Cohen hand delivered the package to the desk of Michael Flynn, a week before his abrupt departure from the administration.

Sater knows how to flip. He turned CI in exchange for a slap on wrist for his involvement in a scam involving both the Russian mob and the (American) Italian mafia. If you don't know who I'm talking about, do yourself a read up a bit on him. He's been in prison for a bar fight. He turned CI for a slap on the wrist for his involvement with a scam that included both the Russian mob and Italian mafia, even after all that, he ended up being managing director of Bayrock Group where he put together real estate deals for his a shady former Soviet official, including many with Trump (in Turkey, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Arizona, Colorado, New York, and Florida). Bayrock has also been sued numerous times for a number of things including one with allegation of threat of electric shocking of testicles and limb amputation.

If you haven't read up on Sater/Bayrock/Trump and Sater/Cohen, do yourself a favor.

ETA:

A little more follow up about Artemenko that I should have included. Shortly after returning to Ukraine, he was kicked out of his political party. And then, under the pretense that he has dual citizenship (Ukraine/Canada), he lost his Ukrainian citizenship in a move that was almost certainly pushed by the Poroshenko.
edit on 2018-5-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You really hate Trump don't you?

Why make a post every day?

It will all come out in the wash sooner or later.

Nothing you post will make it happen sooner or later.
edit on R362018-05-15T00:36:41-05:00k365Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ukraine=Russia?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Ukraine=Russia?

Shhhhh
You are going against the narrative here with facts.....

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Why did you post this?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Did I say that that "Ukraine = Russia?" I don't think I did. Let me go back and check everything I've ever said in my entire life.......... Nope. I've never said that.

+14 more 
posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You going to ever come up with any?

So far,

+6 more 
posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Why did you post this?

Because you appear to have an unhealthy obsession with anything Trump, otherwise know as Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Go outside and get some fresh air.
edit on R102018-05-15T01:10:36-05:00k105Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Anything to say about anything that's actually in the OP? Is there anything that I actually said that you care to argue with?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Anything to say about anything that's actually in the OP? Is there anything that I actually said that you care to argue with?

Yeah, none of that has anything to do with Russian Collusion, the only mandate Mueller has.

link   

Lmao. This thread isn't even about Donald Trump. Neither was the last one. Or the one before that. Or the one before that. Or the one before that. Nor do I even post daily.

Are you in the habit of just making stuff up?

But do you know who does post daily? The same handful of people who contribute multiple posts daily about Obama, who hasn't been President for almost a year and a half, and Hillary Clinton — who lost the effing election and has Fox News personalities stalking her in the woods.

So spare me this "Trump Derangement Syndrome" bull#. It wasn't clever the first 300,000,000 million times some unfunny wannabe troll said it.

link   

Actually no. That's not true either.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Lmao. This thread isn't even about Donald Trump. Neither was the last one. Or the one before that. Or the one before that. Or the one before that. Nor do I even post daily.

Are you in the habit of just making stuff up?

But do you know who does post daily? The same handful of people who contribute multiple posts daily about Obama, who hasn't been President for almost a year and a half, and Hillary Clinton — who lost the effing election and has Fox News personalities stalking her in the woods.

So spare me this "Trump Derangement Syndrome" bull#. It wasn't clever the first 300,000,000 million times some unfunny wannabe troll said it.

"This thread isn't even about Donald Trump."

Really?

A thread about a lawyer retained by Trump but it doesn't involve Trump?

Even though the association would be clear to a blind man?

Just trying to understand the logic.
edit on R312018-05-15T01:31:37-05:00k315Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Do you ever get sick of being wrong?
I can remember debates with you 2 years ago about how he wouldnt get nominated, then he wouldnt be elected, then he would be impeached and so on and so forth non stop for 2 whole freaking years!!!!!

So genuine question for ya
Is your sincere issue here that crimes have been committed or is it just that you hate Trump so much that any opportunity to bash him and LARP about him going to jail/being impeached gets you all excited?

If its the later then fill your boots, most of us on here get a good laugh out of seeing the mental gymnastics (Nadia Comaneci has nothing on you guys) that you regularly pull off.

If however its the former then why dont you look at some real crimes and treason that was committed by the previous administration? Uranium 1, private servers, collusion with intelligence agencies, equipping (if not setting up) terrorist organisations etc etc etc etc etc

To you and your lot its like these things dont matter when compared to an affair with a hooker and some facebook ads

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Maybe ante means that Cohen is a crony to some other evil bastard?

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Maybe ante means that Cohen is a crony to some other evil bastard?

Like Sid Blumemthal?

Can't wait for someone to kick his door in.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Do you ever get sick of being wrong? I can remember debates with you 2 years ago about how he wouldnt get nominated, then he wouldnt be elected, then he would be impeached and so on and so forth non stop for 2 whole freaking years!!!!!

Well, if you "remember" that then you're schizophrenic. I never said that Trump wouldn't be nominated. I actually was one of the few people that thought he stood a chance to be elected and I've never said that he would be impeached.

So yeah, take your pills.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Mueller needs to "prosecute" so his "Team" can divert evidence away from the Clinton Campaign and the Obama Administration.

What they leave out is the key.

😉

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Do you ever get sick of being wrong? I can remember debates with you 2 years ago about how he wouldnt get nominated, then he wouldnt be elected, then he would be impeached and so on and so forth non stop for 2 whole freaking years!!!!!

Well, if you "remember" that then you're schizophrenic. I never said that Trump wouldn't be nominated. I actually was one of the few people that thought he stood a chance to be elected and I've never said that he would be impeached.

So yeah, take your pills.

Care to address the rest of the post?

As to your reply, sincere apologies I may have mistaken you for one of our other members suffering from TDS and a severe case of cognitive dissonance. no offence intended.

from my original post

So genuine question for ya
Is your sincere issue here that crimes have been committed or is it just that you hate Trump so much that any opportunity to bash him and LARP about him going to jail/being impeached gets you all excited?

If its the later then fill your boots, most of us on here get a good laugh out of seeing the mental gymnastics (Nadia Comaneci has nothing on you guys) that you regularly pull off.

If however its the former then why dont you look at some real crimes and treason that was committed by the previous administration? Uranium 1, private servers, collusion with intelligence agencies, equipping (if not setting up) terrorist organisations etc etc etc etc etc

Ill go take my pills and await your response

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Does it even matter? This is the state of ATS. Nobody is even addressing the OP. It's just a bunch of irrelevant crap and personal attacks against me for having the audacity to post a thread about a Trump associate — not even Trump himself — on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join