It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump allies fear Mike Pence is setting up a ‘shadow office’ and taking over the GOP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Vice President Mike Pence is ruffling feathers as he consolidates control of the Republican Party, The New York Times reported Monday. Pence is “unsettling a group of Mr. Trump’s fierce loyalists who fear they are forging a separate power base.” Two senior White House officials referred to “Pence’s empire-building” after an aborted attempt to hire a GOP operative who was part of the Never Trump movement during the 2016 primaries. The chaotic White House has created a situation where Pence “found a yawning opening within the West Wing, as Mr. Trump’s principal political aides spend much of their time managing his impulses and vying with each other, instead of overseeing the party and this year’s campaign.”

Uh oh, Pence must have some inside information to even think about usurping the elected POTUS with behind the scenes manipulation of the GOP.
American politics greatest show on earth.

The Vice President’s chief of staff, Nick Ayers, hired William Kirkland away from the president and “Trump officials believe he will effectively run a shadow political office for Mr. Pence, a setup unheard-of so soon into a new administration.”

I wonder if trump can drain the swamp of the duly elected VP.

Fake news?
edit on 14-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Pence can have the GOP. Trump will set up something far far better.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

" The New York Times reported Monday "

Nuff Said . FAKE NEWS..........

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Pence can have the GOP. Trump will set up something far far better.

Fine, we need more political parties in the US. Choice is never a bad thing; I don't think a Pence GOP will get much traction however.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ah, the old 'wedge' strategy from the NYT.
Liberals really haven't figured out that the world is now fully aware of their weasel like propaganda tactics.
It does make for some rather good chuckling behind their backs, though, as they keep trying the tired old tactics.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Dude, you drink the koolaid so easily, I'm wondering if you're just being willfully dense?

Straight fear propaganda, courtesy feed from liberal news rags.

No, there isn't a "shadow take over" because of "info" Pence came across, lmfao.

link   
Since Trump can't expect to stay in office indefinitely, he ought to be (and may be) thinking about how the legacy of his approach could be continued. If not Pence, who else is going to do it?

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

My Puppy Refuses to Pee on the New York Times , he rather it be in a Safe Place like the Middle of the Floor.......

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
rawstory???

really?

you anti Trumpers will run with anything, so gullible

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

www.politico.com... older link i think but it seems that pence is still on team trump

TextVP MIKE PENCE RESPONDS -- "Today's article in the New York Times is disgraceful and offensive to me, my family, and our entire team. The allegations in this article are categorically false and represent just the latest attempt by the media to divide this Administration. Thanks to the President's leadership, we are rebuilding the military, ISIS is on the run, and we've seen more than 1 million jobs created while the stock market hits all-time highs. "The American people know that I could not be more honored to be working side by side with a president who is making America great again. Whatever fake news may come our way, my entire team will continue to focus all our efforts to advance the President's agenda and see him re-elected in 2020. Any suggestion otherwise is both laughable and absurd."
either way it just seems hes being an active vp who wants to set the stage for his eventual run for president him self after a hypothetical 2 terms of president trump

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

This was why Trump chose Pence as his running mate in the first place. He will be the figurehead of the GOP, which will continue to support Trump through 2024 at which time Pence will be in the power position of running as successor. This is the same blueprint Reagan followed when president, with George HW Bush leading the GOP platform from behind the scenes while Reagan was the seated POTUS. In fact, it's long been believed to be the reason Bush was paired with Reagan to begin with... a moderate Republican president with a conservative VP serving as the leadership figure for the core conservative base and the national platform. This isn't some nefarious plot to overthrow the POTUS in any way.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Pence, being VP, is supposed to set up a loyal team in case something happens to the president. He will have some of Trump's staff but not all of them if something happens to Trump. That is the way it was designed, the VP always tries to be in a different place than the president in case someone assassinates the president. I think the third leg of the team is the speaker of the house or something.

I think this article is fake news, twisted to make sure it causes turmoil.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
And they're falling hard for another classic Castling move !!

😎🔝🔚🔙🔛🔜

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I live in a very strange world.

Hmmmmm!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You need to give your fellow countrymen more credit as its patently obvious that political alliances are not party-based, they're policy based.

Trump had better policies for the US in 2016 during the campaigns, I doubt that the majority, when they voted for Trump, voted for the GOP - they didn't vote for the GOP, they voted for Trump.

The GOP, like the DNC, will be relegated to the paddock soon enough as the reason why the US almost self imploded.

The sad thing is, that you know this to be the case, yet you still flog the dead horse. Guess what will happen the day your person gets elected? Exactly the same as what your ilk are doing to Trump - not giving him any latitude to do POTUS work, instead simply regurgitating CNN talking points because it was her turn and you cannot accept the election result.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

American politics greatest show on earth.

True story

And trust me, we have pretty great shows here in Brazil.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I keep telling this forum the plan is to get Trump to muck up the Mideast and get close to war and then he gets impeached or some other way gets out of the job and then Pence and a horde of neocons will take over.

Of course he knows the plan

I’ve predicted this from day one and its coming to fruition.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The sad thing is, that you know this to be the case, yet you still flog the dead horse. Guess what will happen the day your person gets elected? Exactly the same as what your ilk are doing to Trump - not giving him any latitude to do POTUS work, instead simply regurgitating CNN talking points because it was her turn and you cannot accept the election result.

Remember, I voted for Gary Johnson. Try and keep up.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Remember, I voted for Gary Johnson. Try and keep up.

And still don't seem to know who your real enemies are !!

😎😃✅

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join