It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker Ranch documentary promotion begins

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The one thing here that stands out to me is that the promotional blurb says " Based on the best-selling book by George Knapp and Dr. Colm Kelleher, Hunt For The Skinwalker". I hope it's not a straight retelling of what we already know. It does promise "original and rare" footage, and of course we've all seen the campfire photo Springer posted. Just for context, here's the entire text:

Something wicked this way comes... Based on the best-selling book by George Knapp and Dr. Colm Kelleher, Hunt For The Skinwalker is a documentary about the most intensive scientific study of a "paranormal" hotspot in human history. Skinwalker Ranch is now famous throughout the world. A myriad of frightening, seemingly paranormal events have occurred at, and surrounding the ranch for hundreds of years, including orbs, UFOs, animal mutilations, unknown creatures, poltergeist-type activity, and many other inexplicable incidents. Shrouded in mystery, an exhaustive multidisciplinary scientific study was initiated and spearheaded by the enigmatic billionaire aerospace mogul, Robert Bigelow. A team of PhD level scientists were deployed; millions of dollars in equipment and personnel was invested. The US Government's Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) took notice and sponsored a massive study to determine if what lurks at the ranch was a threat to National Security. Secrets have been kept. Big Secrets. For more than two decades we have wondered; and now things are changing. This story can now be told and will feature original and rare footage from the ranch during the time of the investigations.

And the trailer, which has some scenes I recognize from Jeremy's website last year:
player.vimeo.com...

Getting real info on the ranch has been almost impossible and frustrating. An author who has written several books on the ranch (a former member here) has a FB group on the topic had mentioned the oft-repeated rumor about people actually being hurt on the ranch by the phenomena. Someone asked for details and he said he couldn't say. Pretty sure he doesn't have an NDA, so this is the kind of stonewalling (IMO) that is so puzzling to me. Unless you legally can't, what's the point of 'knowing' something and not share it and shed some light on this whole thing?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I found the whole Skinwalker Ranch just a ghost tale..
where do one even find one piece of evidence that something unnatural is going on there ?

Now it have just become a tourist attraction and a money sink for curious people.
edit on 11-5-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm guessing that the ending is basicly:

"Could any of this be true? Maybe."

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

There are always at least 3 layers of insulation between actual witness
of anything extraordinary and the end consumer of the mythology.

It's a great rule of thumb for most anything these days.

Make of that statement what you will.

Kev

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There is probably an open porthole there and bad things come through.

We had one open near my home for three months and things came out . Mostly spirits, but also a humanoid at my neighbors house walking by his wife in the yard then into the house in the flesh.
Then at my house, I had one standing in the flesh in my theater room. His skin was glowing, and he spoke, then he slowly faded into nothing. But the spirits came in every night never fail. It was funny when people were over cuz everybody could sense them right away, and if it was dark, you could see an auora like light, mostly green. It wasn't fun to sleep here with just the dog( Pittbull ) and even she freaked out once, when they were walking up the side of the bed

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

A number of experiencers mention that green light, Two of my very
best friends on ATS mentioned that green light.

I very much have personal evidence of very weird stuff happening on planet
earth.. so I won't discount your stories at all.

But it's also true that there is massive disinformation EVERYWHERE
and all these people trying to make a living by lying about stuff
like this. (not saying that about SWR in any way).

Kev

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Alot of talk but nothing to show..
Any green light could simple be a green laser pointer.. or planes

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

You are correct.

If someone can prove that i don't exist, I'll be happy to fade
away for them.

I have a very open mind.. but good proof is still proof...
I love proof.

It's just hard to come by in some circumstances.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

There are always at least 3 layers of insulation between actual witness
of anything extraordinary and the end consumer of the mythology.

It's a great rule of thumb for most anything these days.

Make of that statement what you will.

Kev

True. But in cases like this, I just don't understand why, if someone in the know told our author friend about an incident at the ranch, they couldn't simply say repeat what they were told. Of course, they would likely not want to reveal their source (understandable for multiple reasons), but could simply relate what was told to them. That could be taken with a grain of salt, since the original source could be verified, but IMO it's better than refusing to say anything.

This stuff really frustrates me, in part because I'm a very straightforward, get-to-the-point kind of person, with low tolerance for convoluted or overcomplicated stuff when the core of the issue could be simply explained in a relatively short time

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I remember a time when something this cool and shrouded in mystery for decades, would be celebrated on ATS, or at least anticipated w enthusiasm......

Its sad that attitudes on ATS have degraded so much that even something as interesting as the release of this documentary, has illicited such negative, vitriolic and disdainful responses....

This is def not the open-minded, friendly and adventorus membership I remember.....

Sad....

As for me I'm very much looking forward to this release and watching the hard work that Jeremy and all involved put into this film....

Thanks guys for continuing to look into all these fascinating subjects

edit on 5/11/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I could be wrong but it's hard to trust any high strangeness coming out of C2C, TTSP, even NIDS or any corporate platform

There always seems to be a heavy commercial vibe. Not that it's bad, we all need to pay the bills, thus you can understand my skepticism.

but.....

There is a REAL phenomenon; I don't think our feeble intellect is capable of understanding it however. Whatever it is, it operates without rules, limits or reason. The cosmic Trickster....el Coyote

As a filmmaker myself, I wish Jeremy and his crew all the best. Production isn't cheap and it takes work.
edit on 11-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Alot of talk but nothing to show..
Any green light could simple be a green laser pointer.. or planes

But yet you believe the likes of Corey Goode, to be a reliable and credible source....no offense but that doesnt really bode well for your assessment of whats true and whats not...

That being said, youre making a judgement call on a Documentary that hasnt even been released yet, nor have you seen any of its footage...

The prudent thing to do is to save the naysaying and criticism , at least until its been watched.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I remember a vid a from maybe two years ago where George Knapp and someone (possibly the filmmaker) were going through a box that had unseen footage from the time of the book and the NIDS investigation. I'm thinking that is the source of the "anomalous" footage included in this documentary.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yeah, that's in the trailer. The original was maybe 5 or so minutes long and was on Jeremy's website last year, teasing that more info about SWR was coming out soon. In it George commented something to the effect that he can't talk about it.

I believe Springer mentioned some footage from the new team currently on the ranch as well as some older stuff would be in the movie, some was shown to him during his visit

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I remember a vid a from maybe two years ago where George Knapp and someone (possibly the filmmaker) were going through a box that had unseen footage from the time of the book and the NIDS investigation. I'm thinking that is the source of the "anomalous" footage included in this documentary.

Yeah thats him and Jeremy.........from my understanding, its not just that footage, but I think they got NIDS or at least some people from NIDS to release some things as well...

Springer could correct me on that though if Im mistaken......

Lets also remember that Knapp, is a HUGELY credible person in the paranormal/UFO/out there Field........

hes been respected in the community by both professionals, and governmental entities for years, and not just in the paranormal arena, because he is a true journalist and respects anonymity and his sources.

Knapps credibility came about LONG before he got intimately involved in this particular area of expertise......

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Its sad that attitudes on ATS have degraded so much that even something as interesting as the release of this documentary, has illicited such negative, vitriolic and disdainful responses....

Probably because everything now is a money grab. ATS'ers used to bring this stuff to the site free of charge. Now, it's just a teaser to get everyone financially invested ( and our clicks are financial )in what will, and I WILL bet money on it, turn out to be a bunch of overblown BS with exactly ZERO proof.

If the Skinwalker ranch had even the slightest bit of credibility, you can bet at least one person here would have submitted a picture or video of something
edit on 11-5-2018 by mymymy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Ah...I'm always behind on SWR it seems---thanks. In one sense I find it fascinating and very germane to ufology in that I switched to the IDH as the leading contender a few years back. On the other hand, I can't shake the feeling that it's not so much the phenomena that's deceptive at the ranch as much as some of the shady IC/DIA types that always seem to be lurking around it.

Newer footage would be cool to see what effects were noted over the course of time, but I guess in a sense it will all be new footage to the public.

I like George in a lot of ways, but his credibility--because of some of his associates--is something that's still up in the air for me. Some of them have been associated with stories that are fairly widely regarded as, if not downright hoaxes, at least suspect. No disrespect meant. I mean, being a nice guy with alternative beliefs might leave one open to being misled.

I'm going to give the documentary a chance don't get me wrong--I'm looking forward to it--but it seems like we are already being set up for, "The phenomena fooled us every time and is immune to gathering proof on!"

While that may be true, it's a hard sell in my book.

+4 more 
posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

Probably because everything now is a money grab. ATS'ers used to bring this stuff to the site free of charge. Now, it's just a teaser to get everyone financially invested ( and our clicks are financial )in what will, and I WILL bet money on it, turn out to be a bunch of overblown BS with exactly ZERO proof.

If the Skinwalker ranch had even the slightest bit of credibility, you can bet at least one person here would have submitted a picture or video of something

Sure theres money involved but that doesnt mean the information isnt pertinent.......

Jeremy is making biscuits on this film compared to what it cost to make it, and Knapp has ALWAYS gathered his information for the sake of truth over money......

If Knapp wanted money he would go on tour with all the information he has on everything and out all his sources.....

He doesnt......

I get he bias having issue with people doing things for money, but they need to do a few things:

1. See the actual damn Documentary first
2. Research the people that are producing it and the sources.
3. Stop thinking in all their hubris they know everything and are an authority.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the way people are , and have been reacting to all of this is horrible. They are treating these guys like they are attacking these guys like the did Tom Delonge who has promised things for YEARS and never really had much to show until documents came out he was INDEED working with gov people on projects......the validity of all that I cant say....I have my own critiques ......

Jeremy, Knapp and the rest involved in this havent kept everyone strung along nor have the promised anything or hyped up what they are doing.

They have only, and its only been a year, promised to release a documentary on the skinwalker with footage that hasnt been seen and testimony.......and promised to do so in a timely manner, and HAVE DELIVERED......

Look they arent out there trying to hock their wares like so many on this UFO/Paranormal circuit.......

All they are saying is , "this is what were doing, this is what were delivering, heres the information, please look at it"

That should speak volumes.....

Again im not attacking you im just speaking truth to the situation......

The issue is so many on ATS fancy themselves experts on what is and what isnt, they poopoo these people with no merit to their accusations......and bring this negative Aura to something that isnt even released yet.

The attitude has just gone to hell.........skepticism is good, being analytical is good, just being a naysayer unfounded is not.....

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

like George in a lot of ways, but his credibility--because of some of his associates--is something that's still up in the air for me. Some of them have been associated with stories that are fairly widely regarded as, if not downright hoaxes, at least suspect. No disrespect meant. I mean, being a nice guy with alternative beliefs might leave one open to being misled.

Like whom? who are hoaxes? and that being said......are they associates or people he has interviewed and reported their stories......there is a HUGE difference......

hes not responsible for people who are hoaxers who hes interviewed, hes just reporting the story......that doesnt mean they are a regular source......just the source for THAT particular interview.....

I'm going to give the documentary a chance don't get me wrong--I'm looking forward to it--but it seems like we are already being set up for, "The phenomena fooled us every time and is immune to gathering proof on!"

Jeremy's Docus never do that..........they ask questions, they present the evidence as its acquired, they gather the stories that back up some of them, and others are left open ended......

And they in the end , ask you to make up your mind.......

Many are critical of this.......but what is better? To have information that asks you to make up your own mind? Or a narrative that TELLS you what to believe ......

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

If the Skinwalker ranch had even the slightest bit of credibility, you can bet at least one person here would have submitted a picture or video of something edit on 11-5-2018 by mymymy because: (no reason given)

Actually we have a member who wrote the first books on Skinwalker here on ATS.....

But thats false equivalency........people can and will debunk anything, sometimes rightfully so, sometimes not so much..

Your statement is like asking someone to prove a negative........its not logical....

Watch the Documentary before you judge.........maybe it has what youre looking for....or....maybe, it will at least make you think......

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join