It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged after 3-year-old son accidentally shoots himself

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You aren't a felon until you've been convicted, therefore he has a prior felony conviction.

being a felon in possession of a gun.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete
The man charged in this case has quite a rap sheet and it includes a prior conviction for "felony firearms" in 2004. Got sentenced for that one on 11/29/2004, was released 11/28/2006.

Details on his prior charges and/or convictions available at the following page at rapsheets.org.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
The man charged in this case has quite a rap sheet and it includes a prior conviction for "felony firearms" in 2004. Got sentenced for that one on 11/29/2004, was released 11/28/2006.

Details on his prior charges and/or convictions available at the following page at rapsheets.org.

He had a felony firearms conviction. As I said if you have a felony firearms conviction you shouldn't be allowed to have a gun.

I'm speaking in general terms.

If someone commits wire fraud why shouldn't they be allowed to own a firearm?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm not arguing your point. Far from it. What you've just said makes perfect sense to me.

I was just providing confirmation that the charged man has a prior firearms felony on his record, as some members had been discussing that aspect.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

That is utterly ludicrous. Why do you think we have laws prohibiting felons from possessing firearms? It has nothing to do with some debt to society, its BECAUSE THEY ARE FELONS!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Jesus I have a 3 year old son and don't get me wrong these stories angered me and caused me physical pain before I even thought about having my own but now that I do..... it's so much worse.

I hope that little boy will heal and lead a beautiful life in a safer environment.

I also can't imagine how I'd feel if I were the parent who had allowed this to happen. I Say allow, even though it was an "accident" because I had a 7th grade teacher who taught me something I found very valuable:

There is hardly ever a true accident. There is always something that could have been done to avoid whatever happened.

Little man should have NEVER had the remotest access to the weapon.

-Alee

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join