It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department: Iran NEVER SIGNED nuclear deal not 'legally binding' - tells Congress butt out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
***Title modified to fit***

This is from 2015 and yet somehow slipped thru the cracks.

State Department says Iran NEVER SIGNED nuclear deal and it's not 'legally binding' as it tells Congress to butt out of Obama's 'political commitments'

The Obama administration has disclosed to Congress that this summer's controversial nuclear arms agreement with Iran was never signed and is not legally binding, according to a new report this week.

The State Department made the disclosures in a letter to Kansas congressman Mike Pompeo, a Republican, who had written the department to inquire why the agreement as submitted to Congress in July did not bear the signature of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.

'The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) is not a treaty or an executive agreement, and is not a signed document,' Julia Frifield, an assistant secretary for legislative affairs wrote Pompeo last Thursday.

Click link for article...

Well, this is disturbing. An agreement that was never signed by Iran with the argument being the inspection process will tell us if Iran is complying or not with the agreements.

That info certainly explains why Obama official Ben Rhodes admitted to lying about the deal in order to sell it to the American people.
Obama adviser Ben Rhodes admits lies to media about Iran deal

Ben Rhodes, President Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications, is highlighted in a recent piece by the New York Times which quotes Rhodes as admitting the Obama administration lied to the American people, Congress, and our allies in how they “spun” the Iran deal.

Since 2015....

wtf?

edit on 10-5-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Just how corrupt can they be?

S + F to keep an eye on this one.

Dont have much to add at the moment.

Wtf indeed.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson
Just how corrupt can they be?

S + F to keep an eye on this one.

Dont have much to add at the moment.

Wtf indeed.

I think we will have a better idea of the corruption when the OIG report comes out.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Surprise!
The US didn't sign it either. Sneaky bastards. Put one over on them Iranians.
2 years old and you never noticed. Come on man! Get on the stick.
edit on 5/10/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

That info certainly explains why Obama official Ben Rhodes admitted to lying about the deal in order to sell it to the American people.

Kind of Like the Health Care Bill . For those 8 Years of Obama , I Noticed he would Say or Do Something that he Thinks is in the Best Interest of America , but in Reality , it is the Complete Opposite of what he Peddled . 8 Years of Utter Lies . I am Surprised the Country Survived that ......

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This explains why they (Obama and Kerry) are trying so hard to keep this agreement (if that's what you want to call it now). It wasn't about keeping the piece, it was about hiding their stupidity.

I think we should sadly remember the rules of '2" at this point. For every minute you mess up, it takes two minutes to fix it, In politics it's more like a rule of "4". For every minute of screw ups, 4 minutes are needed to fix the issue. We're going to need a long time to fix these issues.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Sounds like we're not getting our pretext from this agreement. It's serving Iran's cause. Iran would do well to ignore this attempt to nullify their only defence. The agreement paints the US and Israel as aggressors. The public will never be onside as long as Iran is seen to play the game.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

I wonder why, if this was such a deep dark secret, it did not feature prominently in Trump's "reasoning" for bailing. Did not his Secretary of State fully inform him?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: SlowNail

I wonder why, if this was such a deep dark secret, it did not feature prominently in Trump's "reasoning" for bailing. Did not his Secretary of State fully inform him?

Great question. I wonder if he didn't bring it up I order to not be controversial about it. Could you imagine going in front of the country (as it sits right now) and tell the American people that the last guy never had the signing parties sign the agreement? It sounds weird, but maybe he was being diplomatic when he addressed the country.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Yeah. Right. Protecting Obama.

Sure. That's the ticket.

Good one.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah. Right. Protecting Obama.

Sure.

Nope, but rather saving face of the American people on the world stage. I don't think Obama was in his mind (if that's what he was doing).

Of course I really have no idea what was going on anymore than you do. I'm just tossing out a possibility. That's why I think you asked a great question. If it was me, I might not have made a statement to the public about this, but I sure as hell would have an investigation done as to why this was allowed.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

If it was me, I might not have made a statement to the public about this, but I sure as hell would have an investigation done as to why this was allowed.
You are more reasonable than Trump, apparently. And with more effective filters.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
why it's.... it's.... the stormy defense!!!
sorry, I just can't see past the irony here to reach the alarm button...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
So if the Iranians never signed it...

Does that mean they still have been building and developing Nukes in secrecy?

All while the world slept comfy thinking they'd been 'handled'.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I don't think the Israelis proceeding to bomb Iranian forces in Sryia en masse right after Trump broke up this deal is a coincidence. You guys can harp on about how terrible Obama and Iran are but this is a blatant MIC/Deep State escalation to justify further aggression against Iran for the purposes of securing hegemony in the Persian Gulf and thus total security for the Petrodollar and, thus, the Bankers pulling all the strings here.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Why do Trump supporters want war with Iran?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I had dropped a Greg Hunter YT vid on one of the big Q threads last week about this news . Deal no deal just what the heck is the deal ...something to that effect . Any how Greg Hunter was talking with a guest that has known about it for quite some time . peace out

+7 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Why do Trump critics hate the children and the elderly?

Inane comments made to do nothing but illicit emotional response is called "trolling"

edit on 5/10/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AquinasProtocol

Trump broke up this deal is a coincidence.
First of all its not a deal .Second you had better start calling it a "matter" because that is what it is .

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

The same question was asked with regard to North Korea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join