It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 years urged for buyer of rifles used in (San Bernadino) terror attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

RIVERSIDE, Calif. – The man who bought two rifles that terrorists used to kill 14 people in a 2015 California terrorist attack should be sentenced to 25 years in federal prison, the government urged Monday.

The U.S. attorney's office filed a 177-page sentencing recommendation in federal court for Enrique Marquez Jr. It said that while he hadn't taken part in the attack, he did place weapons "in the hands of a killer, motivated by violent extremist ideology."

The Riverside man also bought Farook an explosive powder that was used in a bomb that Farook left at the killing scene, authorities said.

Source: 25 years urged for buyer of rifles used in terror attack

So, for his part in purchasing the weapons used, he may get 25 yrs in prison. Yet, the victim's families will suffer a lifetime of sadness at the loss of their loved ones. His claims of having not been involved are less than genuine here when you realize that.......

The government said that several years before the attack, Marquez and Farook had plotted two terrorist attacks on Riverside City College and a local highway, California State Route 91.

However, Marquez abandoned the idea of the attacks and distanced himself from Farook in 2012 after three other Southern California men were arrested on suspicion of planning to go to Afghanistan to kill U.S. troops. Eventually, the three and a fourth man were sentenced to federal prison for conspiracy.

Marquez wasn't involved in the 2015 attack by Farook and his wife. However, he pleaded guilty on Feb. 16, 2017 to conspiring with Farook to provide material support to terrorists and with making false statements regarding the rifles he had purchased in his own name using Farook's money.

Had he really not been involved he would have reported the details of the plot to authorities BEFORE the event and not during/after. That timing indicates to me he was trying to save his own hide once the weapon serial numbers were traced back to him and his straw purchase (which is also illegal already).

If he had not purchased the weapons (and supplied explosive materials) to the attackers, would this event never have even happened?

So, ATS, is 25 yrs enough punishment for his involvement?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Problem solved.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
Die in jail, the scumbag didn't care about his fellow citizens...and I wouldn't care if gets raped daily in his cell.
I don't advocate it of course, just I wouldn't care if 'Bubba' decided he wanted a new slave.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Kill him.

Hell, I'll do it myself.

The only good terrorist is a dead one, and this asshole fits the bill.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

It looks to be a righteous penalty.

Here's the problem, though, and as sure as there's a slippery slope, it will..To wit, anyone selling to a terrorist will likely become subject to Federal or State indictment and open the door to civil suit to any selling of weapons to anyone who misuses those weapons.

Let's take a case where the conspiracy aspect is less clear than this one or even 'borderline', the anti-gun advocates, including Judges who lean in that direction, will likely use this as a precedence to expand it beyond this fairly obvious case. Especially on a State level where that state is anti-gun by policy.

I don't know whether the charges are on a conspiracy basis, or terrorist bent, but if it's not, this will snowball. Bank on it.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

accessory to murder, pulled the trigger himself as far as Im concerned...if he has young children my mercy bone would say life, so kids have a chance to see their father...if not...

bullet in the skull

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
He has the same blood on his hands. If he had not supplied the materials and came clean to the authorities about them being terrorists, maybe this could have been prevented.

He may have "distanced" himself after he crapped his pants after some of his terror-buddies were snatched in 2012, but he never did anything to stop it.

He´s as guilty as the terrorists, by watching and let it unfold. He even plotted attacks with them. 25 years is not enough.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

It looks to be a righteous penalty.

Here's the problem, though, and as sure as there's a slippery slope, it will..To wit, anyone selling to a terrorist will likely become subject to Federal or State indictment and open the door to civil suit to any selling of weapons to anyone who misuses those weapons.

Let's take a case where the conspiracy aspect is less clear than this one or even 'borderline', the anti-gun advocates, including Judges who lean in that direction, will likely use this as a precedence to expand it beyond this fairly obvious case. Especially on a State level where that state is anti-gun by policy.

I don't know whether the charges are on a conspiracy basis, or terrorist bent, but if it's not, this will snowball. Bank on it.

That is a very astute point.

It could be used as a precedent in future firearm related cases. However, in this case, it is clear an illegal strawman purchase was made that allowed this event to occur. I hope future judges or lawyers make this a key point in using it as a precedent. Any legal transfer of a firearm should be just that, legal, regardless of the misuse of that weapon by the purchaser. Once a legal transaction occurs, there is no responsibility upon anyone prior in the chain for any eventual outcome.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Do you support such punishment for Obama, Holder, Bush, and Cheney?

Harboring, abetting, funding, and training terrorists and committing acts of terror/conspiring against your own country from the oval office?

I assume yes?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Obama and Eric Holder did the same thing.a reply to: Krakatoa

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yeah, dude deserves to have his brain pan drained. This is little different from Terry Nichols and the feds sought the death penalty for him (though he ended up simply getting life).

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Seems a righteous judgement.

I'd perhaps have made it life, but 25 years in a super-max won't exactly be a picnic.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Life!

top topics

join