It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Depth Look why Papadopuolos story starting Trump investigation is terrible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: olaru12

Cheering on the Mueller investigation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Try again. Not once did I mention Mueller. And not once did I mention giving away your constitutional rights.

Sorry, cheering on an investigation with grave concerns that the SC is acting as if he has unfettered powers and that the Judiciary has no power over it is frightening.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This tweet - look at the date.

Now, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to put it all together 2 years later - Hillary and everyone below her are traitors to the Constitution and therefore anything negative about Trump since the date of her tweet below is all lies and BS because she was not meant to lose and her autistic screehing supporters said they will never accept the result of the election and will spend all their resources disrupting Trumps tenure as he was not meant to win and take the swamp away from all the creatures.

Remember, Russia WAS NOT AN ISSUE FOR OBAMA OR HILLARY UNTIL NOV 9TH - Obama laughed at the thought that Russia could in any way effect the results of the US election - another comment that triggers libtards

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well they weren't lying, they are willing to threaten our Democracy by not accepting the results.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Remember, Russia WAS NOT AN ISSUE FOR OBAMA OR HILLARY UNTIL NOV 9TH - Obama laughed at the thought that Russia could in any way effect the results of the US election - another comment that triggers libtards
Really?

Clinton 9/6/16

"This is like Watergate only now in cyber time," Clinton said during her in flight press conference, echoing a comment Tim Kaine, her vice presidential nominee, made this week.

"It is stunning that we are facing this and especially from a foreign power that has the capacity, with the consensus is that they have used, to extract information and to enable that information to be made public."

10/10/16

We have never in the history of our country been in a situation where an adversary, a foreign power, is working so hard to influence the outcome of the election. And believe me, they’re not doing it to get me elected. They’re doing it to try to influence the election for Donald Trump.
www.nytimes.com...

Can you provide an example of Obama laughing about Russian interference?
edit on 5/7/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah, Hillary was blaming the hack on Russia to deflect blame from her carelessness. I still have never seen proof Russia leaked Hillary's dirty water. The fact is what was said about Hillary was true, and Americans deserve truth.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks
I guess the part that amazes me the most is that people believe a billionaire businessman with public connections to a foreign government WOULDN’T already be under almost constant surveillance.

What do people think our intel agencies get paid to do? To try and hinge this conspiracy on Papadopalous being the reason for the investigation into team Trump is extremely short sighted and misinformed.

Tell that to the democrat anti trumpers.

They came out with this story as the start of the investigation once they realized that if the Clinton paid for dossier was the start, it would look real bad.

And as usual it backfires, and using the GP story still looks really bad.

I don’t know about you, but I would expect Trump and anyone he associates with to already be under constant surveillance, well before running for office. That goes for any other American billionaire who accepts money from foreign oligarchs and governmental people too.

Who cares what the “official” reason for starting the investigation was if we all know how our intelligence agencies operate?

Do you not think we’d see massive investigations into team Hillary if she had won? I’ve said this before in another thread, if you wanted Hillary in handcuffs you probably should have voted for her. I have a feeling that there is so much dirt on both Hillary and Trump that whoever won was destined to be raked over the coals.

Ya right, there would be a sigh of relief if she won.

Nothing like this would have come out.

I think she still would have pressed this witch hunt to punish Trump and tell everyone don't mess with her.

And we'd be at war with russia by now and who knows who else.

Economy would tank, the Greater Depression.

The USA would be south american.

Then the dems would say, "love it or leave it"

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Not laughing, but here is him mocking Romney for saying russia was the biggest threat, saying the cold war is over.

Everyone has admitted that for decades russia has intefred in our elections, yet Obama and company did nothing.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Does that make the post I replied to accurate? I don't think so.

Remember, Russia WAS NOT AN ISSUE FOR OBAMA OR HILLARY UNTIL NOV 9TH

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Here's spicifically what he said about them in regards to the 2016 election:

“So in early September when I saw president Putin in China, I felt that the most effective way to ensure that that didn't happen was to talk to him directly and tell him to cut it out and there were going to be serious consequences if he didn't. And in fact we did not see further tampering of the election process.”

Obama says he told Putin to ‘cut it out’ on Russia hacking - Politico

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

In 2012 Russia was not much of a threat, as Romney portrayed it.

Everyone has admitted that for decades russia has intefred in our elections
Everyone? For decades? Examples?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Really?

Clinton 9/6/16

"This is like Watergate only now in cyber time," Clinton said during her in flight press conference, echoing a comment Tim Kaine, her vice presidential nominee, made this week.

"It is stunning that we are facing this and especially from a foreign power that has the capacity, with the consensus is that they have used, to extract information and to enable that information to be made public."

10/10/16

We have never in the history of our country been in a situation where an adversary, a foreign power, is working so hard to influence the outcome of the election. And believe me, they’re not doing it to get me elected. They’re doing it to try to influence the election for Donald Trump.
www.nytimes.com...

Can you provide an example of Obama laughing about Russian interference?

Lots of yucks.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Can you provide direct quotes pertaining to Obama laughing about Russian election interference?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

In 2012 Russia was not much of a threat, as Romney portrayed it.

Everyone has admitted that for decades russia has interfered in our elections
Everyone? For decades? Examples?

Of course, putin helped obama win again.

Putin was gonna take poland and east germany if hillary won.

Done deal.

That's why hillary went to steel and putin helped with the dossier to discredit Trump.

Otherwise they be swinging.

edit on 5 7 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Everyone might be hyperbole, but it has been known.

Here is one article, I will post more if you loke but I am watching hockey right now.

Russia tried to influence the 2016 presidential election, but the old adversary has been trying to intervene in America’s elections since the Cold War — when it was known as the Soviet Union (USSR) — according to the report from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) released Friday.

The hack of the Democratic National Committee was most definitely not the first instance of Russia digging around for information about candidates, office-holders and U.S. elections in general.

“For decades, Russian and Soviet intelligence services have sought to collect insider information from US political parties that could help Russian leaders understand a new US administration’s plans and priorities,” the official assessment reads.

In fact, several officers for the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service were arrested in the U.S. in 2010 after conducting reconnaissance and relaying information about the 2008 election to Moscow, according to the DNI report, which also provides another example.

“In the 1970s, the KGB recruited a Democratic Party activist who reported information about then-presidential hopeful Jimmy Carter’s campaign and foreign policy plans, according to a former KGB archivist.”

There are even reports about unearthed documents showing now-deceased Sen. Ted Kennedy conspiring with the Soviet Union and the KGB in order to prevent President Ronald Reagan winning re-election in the 1984 election.

Kennedy, according to the terms of the proposal, would help USSR General Secretary Yuri Andropov to derail Reagan’s more hard-line foreign policy — which aimed to defeat the Soviets, rather than contain or coexist. In return, Andropov would help the Democratic Party defeat Reagan and the Republican Party, which theoretically would make a successful presidential run possible for Kennedy in 1988.

dailycaller.com...

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Obama's 2008 campaign was hacked by Russians: Report

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Obama, Romney Campaigns Subject To Repeated Hacking Attempts in 2012

Tech experts on both sides say foreign and domestic actors tried to steal policy and political secrets and influence the race through cyberattacks.

swampland.time.com...

(that was says china hacking and other foriegn powers, and mentions foriegn countries interfering in the 2008 election.

Just a few more.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Your source uses a DNI document from 2017 and an article from 2010. So, not only not "everybody" but also not "decades."

In any case, the cases mentioned don't seem to approach the scale of the 2016 election. No troll farms, no fake news.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

(that was says china hacking and other foriegn powers, and mentions foriegn countries interfering in the 2008 election.

It also says it was recently discovered. So, not "everybody" and not "decades."

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

No troll farms, no fake news.

Hahahahahaha!!!!

Yep that is some serious interference!
'I mean, Russia working with ted kennedy against reagan is nothing compared to Russia enlisting pokemon!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Assuming the story is accurate and that Kennedy was in collusion, yes both were efforts to influence elections.

Pokemon? Those Facebook ads, bots, and fake news which reached millions of people were Pokemon? Can you explain that?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Assuming the story is accurate and that Kennedy was in collusion, yes both were efforts to influence elections.

Pokemon? Those Facebook ads, bots, and fake news which reached millions of people were Pokemon? Can you explain that?

My god, I cant believe you buy that garbage.

We are talking $150 thousand in facebook ads, many of which were after the election.

That pales in comparison to the msm being overwhelmingly pro hillary, in addition to other foreign msm such as the guardian, BBC etc, and the Billion dollars hillary spent.

I guess there will be no need for raising money anymore for elections, a dozzen or so facebook trolls, a couple hundred thousand dollars, and some pokemon are all you need to steal an election.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join