It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's real 'Manifest destiny' doctrine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

You can't blame China for African movement. They invited China over to deter US. Africans leaders are smartening up.

South China Seas issue is actually good, it stopped and slow human and drug trafficking completely. That is why Duterte doesn't mind about it that much for now. Before China was there, it was left untouched and trafficking always going on crazy. Now everyone around that area is jumping boats and watching the area. US is not helping anyone in that area that much because they don't really have that much Asian recruits and they have their own drug wars to deal with.

www.reuters.com...

www.reuters.com...

www.scmp.com...

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
He hasn't backed down about holding onto the Crimea. The break-up of the Soviet Union was a humiliation to Russian power, so Putin can appeal to his people as one who is re-asserting Russian authority and recovering their sense of worth. That was the appeal of Hitler after the defeat of 1918.
Perhaps I'm more sensitive to the menace in Putin's approach because I live closer, and because I know modern European history. The Russians have been trying to dominate western Europe repeatedly over the last two and a half centuries.
But the key question for this topic is whether the Chinese feel menaced by Russia.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

You can't blame China for African movement. They invited China over to deter US. Africans leaders are smartening up.

South China Seas issue is actually good, it stopped and slow human and drug trafficking completely. That is why Duterte doesn't mind about it that much for now. Before China was there, it was left untouched and trafficking always going on crazy. Now everyone around that area is jumping boats and watching the area. US is not helping anyone in that area that much because they don't really have that much Asian recruits and they have their own drug wars to deal with.

www.reuters.com...

www.reuters.com...

www.scmp.com...

You can cite the usual media crowd. I will look at the immediate neighbors of China, including Vietnam who are welcoming the U.S. presence is the South China Sea. There isn't one exception that I know of. That strikes me as far more telling than 'Reuters' and the like.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
I repeat the point I posted earlier that then why is China continuing and even expanding it's ME presence?

I've already made one suggestion;

One consideration about the drive west into the Middle East is the potential for cutting across and blocking the traditional Russian drive south, thus protecting China on the western side.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"I repeat the point I posted earlier that then why is China continuing and even expanding it's ME presence?"

Their sort of coming late to the party, the food's almost gone (oil) and the infrastructure fairly ruined by war. And all the guests are thinning out. Africa hates and is exterminating whites... and they thought it a bountiful acquisition..?

They might bring some sort of government to Africa, but the tribal nature will always be default......... in my opinion. The middle east.... well I don't think it will be profitable beyond oil. Again ..... late to the party as other sources of energy emerge.

Then the monkey wrench of all things 'Biblical" like it or not, there is indeed great influence to deal with..

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

en.wikipedia.org...

Russia isn't going to back down any time soon. NATO was suppose to end after collapse of Soviet Union.

www.latimes.com...

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
a reply to: DISRAELI

en.wikipedia.org...

Russia isn't going to back down any time soon. NATO was suppose to end after collapse of Soviet Union.

www.latimes.com...

Russia has already 'backed down' in 'protecting Syria' and has reduced efforts in the eastern Ukraine to a stand-off rather than following through with consolidation. I believe it's Trump's move. We shall see.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
He hasn't backed down about holding onto the Crimea. The break-up of the Soviet Union was a humiliation to Russian power, so Putin can appeal to his people as one who is re-asserting Russian authority and recovering their sense of worth. That was the appeal of Hitler after the defeat of 1918.
Perhaps I'm more sensitive to the menace in Putin's approach because I live closer, and because I know modern European history. The Russians have been trying to dominate western Europe repeatedly over the last two and a half centuries.
But the key question for this topic is whether the Chinese feel menaced by Russia.

He hasn't been pressured on Crimea either. That is surprising as it was a blatant takeover. I see no logical reason for China to feel threatened by Russia. Clearly, China's military is superior and growing more so almost daily. It's more Russia deterring China from any act against Russia and Siberia's natural wealth.

My ancestry is half Ukrainian and half 'white' Russian. I hold no love for either. I do have a pretty good picture of eastern European stupidities...err history. A pox on all of 'em.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
If all enemies (and closet enemies) of the USA were to unite, I would imagine it would look a lot like this Eurasian SCO. Pretty scary stuff.

They already have united many years ago. They formed a group and named it the UN

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

I repeat the point I posted earlier that then why is China continuing and even expanding it's ME presence?

I've already made one suggestion;

One consideration about the drive west into the Middle East is the potential for cutting across and blocking the traditional Russian drive south, thus protecting China on the western side.

Sorry. It escaped at the time. I have a hard time with it, I suppose. Why antagonize Putin when your dealing pretty aggressively with the U.S. on other fronts? Then there's the tiff between India and China on the silk road 'disagreement'.

Although China seems to have make strong inroads in regards to Iran which has been traditionally a Russian....almost proxy. That could be the reason in itself. Iran sees itself as a recovering Persian Empire, it seems.
edit on 5-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: incoserv
It raises the question, if there is, in fact, a conflict in potential 'world orders' why wouldn't the MSM point this out? Fear of increased confrontation with China and loss of already invested revenues by Corporations?

My thought ... Because ultimately, they all end up at the same destination, same sick people pulling the strings behind the scene, just different roads to get there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join