It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa set to ban abortions after six weeks

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Bluntone22

There are exceptions in the bill for rape, incest and the mothers health.

To me, those exceptions undermine the moral precedent of this entire bill. Are the products of rape and incest less than human?

You want women to have kids that were a result of the worst experience in their lives? Violated in ways a man can't imagine? Adding to the trauma that they had?

How can I point to one fetus and say "you should have rights because you are a developing human being without a voice", then point to another fetus and say "you shouldn't have rights because your mother was raped" ???

And yet you can point at a woman and say “you have no right to bodily autonomy and self determination” because she’s an incubator for 9 months

She actually has a very independent and responsible choice she can make before the whole issue arises: Don't partake in an activity that millions of years of evolution has designed her to become said incubator if she's not ready to have a kid.

Choices have consequences.
edit on 13-5-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

remember trump's lawyer and his husband's can't rape their wives defense of trump???
back in the day, when husbands could legally force sex on their wives...
heck some are still pushing a "god" that seems to be forcing women to have sex with their husbands...
and, now, they are pretending we had a "choice"..... and wishing we'd go back to those good ole days...
when the only choices we had were the one our husband's chose to allow us to have!!!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

so all you women out there....
married or single, rich or poor, regardless of your race, your religion...
hear the proclamation of the all wise pro-life crowd!!
if you don't wish to have a child at the present time realize...
there is NO birth control method that is 100% effective.
your only option is to refuse to have sex, with your husband, with your significant other, with your one night stand...
regardless of how much he whines about it, regardless of how many times he wakes you in the middle of the night for it, regardless of how grouchy and miserable he is through the day, regardless of if he has his bags packed and is threatening to leave you and the child, or children yous had together.... and, make sure he knows.... if he forces you into it, you will contact the police, have him arrested with charges of rape!!
your quest for bodily autonomy starts in the bed, laying next to the man you love.. if he is worth loving, he will accept the fact that you no longer desire the sexual act because you no longer desire the baby, that even with tied tubes, might result from such act!!

failure to do so may mean that that tiny little kidney bean sized lifeform growing inside of you will be endowed with rights that will negate all your rights, including your right to be healthy, to be able to care for your kids... YOUR LIFE!!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

remember trump's lawyer and his husband's can't rape their wives defense of trump???
heck some are still pushing a "god" that seems to be forcing women to have sex with their husbands...
and, now, they are pretending we had a "choice"..... and wishing we'd go back to those good ole days...
when the only choices we had were the one our husband's chose to allow us to have!!!

Oh yeah, the "Good Old Days" - - even the modern "Good Old Days" - - women had little legal recourse.

The husband could put everything in his name - - walk away - - and legally take it all with him. Laws had to be changed.

If a woman was mistreated by her husband - - it was her fault.

In 1965 women were not allowed to work more then a certain amount of hours each week - - by law.

It's been less then a hundred years women have been able to vote.

Those living today have no clue.

And YES! TODAY - - Some Christian groups still support the husband as the "master" and wife to do his bidding. Including forced sex.

edit on 13-5-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That was a lot of "maybes" that relates to more illusion than facts, anecdotal and totally unrelated.
The facts are women initiate 75% of all divorces and women are known to be polyamorous and highly prone to hypergamy.
So at best your "maybes" most likely represent a fringe at best.

The woman in the lawyer scenario married a cash cow and MOST LIKELY never considered an abortion as that would interfere with the current business model in practice.
The more kids (hopefully girls) the better before the INEVITABLE divorce happens for these type of women.
I mean you even prove the point.
You tell the story like the lawyer is the ultimate catch.
To the rest of us we think "who in their right mind would marry a lawyer?"
I think psychopath, you think he is a catcha reply to: dawnstar

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: bulwarkz
Why did you marry him then in the first place?

He was hard working, a good provider, intelligent, and treated me like a Queen. He simply did not want to share me, not even with his own children.

Would you suggest I choose him over the children? Women have done that.

I suggest you changed. Maybe he thought you would be a good mother before he married you.
Maybe you used his children against him?
And in the end it is his fault because he worked to support all of you and all you wanted was his attention so you punished him through isolating his affections from both you and his children.

Isolation of affection is still grounds for divorce in most States even today.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Women who promote that type of unfair power balance as absolute in who guards the right to sex in a marriage certainly promote the use of prostitution within marriage as well. Correct?
Women OWN the bedroom. If you choose to use it manipulatively as a given right i suggest you learn to love cats. Lots of cats.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
How do I know that you are doing a great public service for all those women out there that have had to go through the trauma that you most likely never had to suffer through?
And I am not counting rejection as "rape"
And I am not supporting rape.
I am denouncing relationship cancer propogated through mass indoctrination that is masked under the title "higher education" but in practice is social marxism.
Your mass hysteria about rape culture and equating it to human relationships with all its masculine/feminine nuances makes me think you should go on a McDonalds sabbatical for a few years and chill for awhile
a reply to: dawnstar

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

The woman in the lawyer scenario married a cash cow and MOST LIKELY never considered an abortion as that would interfere with the current business model in practice.

ummm.... this couple lived next door to my grandma, I used to play with the oldest of their kids when we visited my grandmother. except on sunday mornings, when they all would pile into their nice station wagon, all dressed up in nice clothes and head to church... for some reason, I kind of always pictured it to be a catholic church. maybe because many of the catholics I knew had rather large families also.
the oldest girl was about the same age as me, and I was around 10... so, what you are saying is that the mom who wasn't that old by the way, my parents were older, married this guy... who was probably maybe in law school still. with the intent of divorcing him when he became rich and successfull... she probably should have waited a little longer since the house was modest and the one car was just your average station wagon, nothing new. and just spent her time popping one child out after the other for 10 years...
yep, it was all her fault!! it was all her bad decisions, the husband was as innocent as that babe that she was carrying in her while he was having his jollies with his sexitary!! got it!!!
and all this was back in the time when divorce was kind of frowned upon by society, at least for the divorced women and it was so easy for men to neglect to pay out any kind of child support!!! ya sure!!
ya know what is more feasible than you concocted story....
the mom, about halfway through with her sixth pregnancy lost interest in sex and decided to ignore her catholic teachings and traditions and put her foot down and started saying no to the sex.... and so he, like the whimping sex addict that some men seem to be.... just had to go elsewhere to find it.... and found his sexitary more than willing to trade the sex for the perks involved with being the bosses mistress. wife found out and well.... all hell broke out in the home, thus divorce.... and of course society would still say it was her fault because of course, everyone knew that if she had kept him happy and content like she was supposed to, he wouldn't have been looking somewhere else!!!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

so all you women out there....
married or single, rich or poor, regardless of your race, your religion...
hear the proclamation of the all wise pro-life crowd!!
if you don't wish to have a child at the present time realize...
there is NO birth control method that is 100% effective.
your only option is to refuse to have sex, with your husband, with your significant other, with your one night stand...
regardless of how much he whines about it, regardless of how many times he wakes you in the middle of the night for it, regardless of how grouchy and miserable he is through the day, regardless of if he has his bags packed and is threatening to leave you and the child, or children yous had together.... and, make sure he knows.... if he forces you into it, you will contact the police, have him arrested with charges of rape!!
your quest for bodily autonomy starts in the bed, laying next to the man you love.. if he is worth loving, he will accept the fact that you no longer desire the sexual act because you no longer desire the baby, that even with tied tubes, might result from such act!!

failure to do so may mean that that tiny little kidney bean sized lifeform growing inside of you will be endowed with rights that will negate all your rights, including your right to be healthy, to be able to care for your kids... YOUR LIFE!!

This hyperbole brought to you by people who don't live in the real world, apparently.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
See, i assumed you had a recent example to use.
Are you saying the pendulum has swung so far in the other direction that you had to use your memory of an event 40-50 years ago?
WOW
Either way the more you explain it the further it gets from you trying to equate it to my reply to annee.
You are starting to sound like a cat lady talking to her cats because they listen

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Just what "trauma" are you talking about that I never went through??
and maybe you haven't noticed, the post I was replying to was kind of saying we chose to get pregnant when we chose to have sex....
and here you are trying to take that choice away from us!!! all of a sudden such an act would be an imbalance of power, manipulation. the symptom of "mass indoctrination"....
I am just putting the post I was responding to in my own words, what I am interpreting it as saying...
unless you want to have a child... DON'T HAVE THE SEX... and since it's directed towards women, well...
I seem to be suggesting the same thing she is, only, instead of doing it in a condescending way, I am more putting it as a warning... in the political atmosphere today, it's not worth the risk...
not every pregnancy runs perfectly and it's possible that you might run into problems and have you options cut because of "relgious beliefs" and pro-life insanity..

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wait
How did you know all this personal stuff about a family and the personal details of an intimate and legal situation?
I am guessing you are about 10 years old?
And you barely knew them?

Gossip much around your house?
You could write a book on it it seems.
Back then there were always gossips but you seem to have taken it to another level if that is what "play" meant as a kida reply to: dawnstar

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

she's ten years older than me... it was her world when she married and had her kids also!!! matter of fact, it was more so!!! it is you that is in error if you are making judgements about her decisions based on today's norms...
which are really, quite abnormal if viewed within history as a whole.

and speaking of cats, I have to go talk to my lizard, I imagine he's a bit hungry!!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Lol, ok, i was walking on eggshells for a minute there as I wasn't sure.
But from my experience almost all the women that talk like you do it out of disappointment and rejection, not from being raped.
Kind of like why some women simply have to take other womens word for it when it comes to this rape culture that you let permeate from you fanciful examples.

Lets just face the facts that men across the board have to worry about rape in prison after being convicted of a crime as a bigger possible threat than alot of the cheeseburger eating diet coke sipping sjw's screaming the narrative you are pushing.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

she's ten years older than me... it was her world when she married and had her kids also!!! matter of fact, it was more so!!! it is you that is in error if you are making judgements about her decisions based on today's norms...
which are really, quite abnormal if viewed within history as a whole.

and speaking of cats, I have to go talk to my lizard, I imagine he's a bit hungry!!

So your info came from who? How old was she?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

lol.... my grandma would sit and tell my mom all the sordid details about this person or that person only to find out that the people were on one of the soaps of the day. so one day she was telling her about this story and my mom piped up and asked her just what show this was on.... oh, no, it wasn't on a show, it was right next door... my mom told me a little about what had happened, probably because she knew there would be a good chance that I overheard them anyways, and told me to watch what I said around the kids. my grandmother probably knew more than the rest of the neighborhood because the wife took her grocery shopping often with her. my grandma was over 80 by then and never did drive.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

annee is ten years older than me about....
the couple was probably in their mid 30s...
cleared up for ya...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

at least the men made a bad decision, a very bad decision I assume, committed a crime...
now... imagine being forced into sex a couple weeks after giving birth!!!
and, no, I didn't take my husband to divorce court and clean him out, we've separated awhile for a few times, but well, he passed away in our home while I was cooking him breakfast.
I still owe his funeral expenses... he never felt the need for life insurance and left me with very little. went a year with no income selling whatever I could.
but, continue on about my bad decisions, and greedy nature, and selfish acts...

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

at least the men made a bad decision, a very bad decision I assume, committed a crime...
now... imagine being forced into sex a couple weeks after giving birth!!!
and, no, I didn't take my husband to divorce court and clean him out, we've separated awhile for a few times, but well, he passed away in our home while I was cooking him breakfast.
I still owe his funeral expenses... he never felt the need for life insurance and left me with very little. went a year with no income selling whatever I could.
but, continue on about my bad decisions, and greedy nature, and selfish acts...

Its ok
A lot of women have excuses why they are so bitter and hate men.
But do not worry. We do not want to marry you. Though many are thirsty.
Your stories of gossip and unique perspective have provided great insights to me.

And before I forget.
Am I seeing this right?
I ask how your 2 or 3 post story about your grandmas neighbors daughter who you met 40 years ago and heard tons of gossip about from your grandma, mother, neighbors daughter, etc... was about annees abortions? In reply to me in how it is a relevant story, you answered
"Because annee is about 10 years older than me"
ROFL
I am feeling embrarassed answering you now

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join