It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What John Lennon's Self Portrait of himself as Hitler tells me

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: Metallicus

He was also given an egg from aliens that he gave to Uri Geller.

Humans don't need God or capitalism to live in harmony, many cultures did fine without either in history. In fact, many societies did ok not so long ago with heathens among them and those that never held a penny in their life.

The world isn't black and white.

Heathens aren’t godless so not really a good example and Lenon was a Communist and an Atheist. Not a good combination as just one of those is enough to make me want to avoid you like the plague.

Just because there are humans that live without God doesn’t make it right or good.

How incredibly judgmental and unchristian.

Lol, I am not a Christian nor do I practice a religion.

I simply don’t trust someone who thinks they are greater than God.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Humans don't need God or capitalism to live in harmony, many cultures did fine without either in history. In fact, many societies did ok not so long ago with heathens among them and those that never held a penny in their life.

Heathens aren’t godless so not really a good example and Lenon was a Communist and an Atheist. Not a good combination as just one of those is enough to make me want to avoid you like the plague.

Just because there are humans that live without God doesn’t make it right or good.

A lot of the best people I know aren’t big on religions or gods.
You’re missing out.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yeah just without your God

I don’t trust someone who doesn’t believe in a higher power. I don’t have a specific dogmatic God, so I doubt anyone shares my beliefs not to mention I am continually evolving my beliefs so really nothing for comparison.

As far as avoiding certain people? I think it is important we cut negative factors from our lives so while I have no issue with someone doing what they want to do, that still doesn’t require me to support their activities.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You’re missing out.

I am not big on religions either.

God and I don’t need a middle man.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Religion is pathetic it's a relationship that does better in the walk through this world

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
He was a wife beater and a twat.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You’re missing out.

And he’s okay with the wash you prejudge others?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You’re missing out.

I doubt ‘he’ cares one way or the other.

Besides I am not prejudging if they admit to being an atheist or a Communist. I am basing my judgment on what they actually report themselves to be.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You’re missing out.

I doubt ‘he’ cares one way or the other.

Besides I am not prejudging if they admit to being an atheist or a Communist. I am basing my judgment on what they actually report themselves to be.

Your judgment is that they’re inherently bad, based not on actions.

Not believing in god somehow makes someone wrong or a bad person that you don’t wish to be around; meanwhile that self-righteous moralist judgment is one of the ugliest character flaws I see on a regular basis on this site from people from all manner of belief system.

But we’ve strayed far enough from the topic, I learned what I wanted to learn.
edit on 4/23/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Well said; when that is what most consider to be "family" as a religion; and have cut the other family members out? Based on their dogma that allows them their chosen poison instead of just agree to disagree or be different as an individual...

That sort of situation can be as much strain on children as fighting during or after a divorce; instead of simply; letting go and letting live.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

He was also anti-God and anti-Capitalism. Definitely not a good person.

Is that you Mark?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

(post by RomeByFire removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Making others the subject/topic is against T&C of ATS; except in one place that I am aware of, and that is in General Chit Chat when someone doesn't mind being subject of polite discussion.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I don’t trust someone who doesn’t believe in a higher power. I don’t have a specific dogmatic God, so I doubt anyone shares my beliefs not to mention I am continually evolving my beliefs so really nothing for comparison. 

I believe in multiple powers higher than I, some of them I can grasp and others I never will. Non of them need be a god. I've believed in things others never would too, I suppose love is one of them but for some love is just the sexual and mutual attraction between two humans. They were not wrong and I was neither right, it didn't make me disrespect them.

I try not to judge, I wish to understand.

As far as avoiding certain people? I think it is important we cut negative factors from our lives so while I have no issue with someone doing what they want to do, that still doesn’t require me to support their activities.

What's right for me....

I have an irrational fear of spiders, they usually last all of about 5 seconds in my gaze often less. I won't avoid them though and I don't expect them to avoid me. I'll genuinely admit to taking life out of nothing more than fear. They have a place it's just not in my home, with that being said I've removed spiders peacefully when I felt little threat.

There's a basis for this in the Qur'an, where I'm going with this is just because something is different it doesn't mean you should reject it, you needn't accept it but it is what it is.

I'm not a Muslim, I've found discontent with organised religion, yet still a passage vibed with me. It elevated me to a better understanding, no longer did I just kill in fear.

To be blunt, just because he was a godless communist who happened to take drugs doesn't inherently make John Lennon a bad person, receiving gifts from aliens doesn't make him crazy either. It's always easy to judge, harder to understand.

Rejection makes understanding impossible.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Why would you not trust me just because I don't believe in a higher power?
I don't believe there is no higher power, I simply have seen nothing to draw me towards believing there is one.
That's a rational position don't you think?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You’re missing out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Our interactions could be fundamentally different if only the walk was started with a different foot. Still... I've always enjoyed being the polar opposite when ever we've interacted.

All the best,

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Awake to what they say is a better way to look at the various heirarchies of life; is the way that I look at it, sure some try too and suceed in ganing "followers" or families, however it leads to automatic judgment without much speculation other than what is concidered "known".

If the mind is running; one's heart has stopped... sometimes my face hurts; just from my cheeks trying to rise to the top of my head in a simple smile.

Of course the best control a body/speech or mind can have if claiming such a thing is over "oneself" not some idea of a total as that is an impossibility without being forced to live through more incarnations.

Maybe that sounds simple; confusing or spot on for others, however continued practice of listening with non attached awareness to anything other than body; allows one to remain aware without losing one's place... as example; simply sitting meaning that is all that is occuring as being. What one is during that sitting? lol who knows as it is the state of oneness.

Like the breath binding and unbinding around a singular point.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Perhaps Newton was thinking the same thing until what was stuck in his throat bonked him on the head...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Do you want to know what I think? the Empire State Building wish it could be as high as Lennon. I've inhaled and I've scribbled some abstract drawings too but I have no idea what on earth you are talking about, methinks you have been to Maui wowie if you catch my drift.

<< 1    3 >>

join