It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to cope with dog's death?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dinamo
She responded with such love that I slowly quit drugs, banished anger from my life because I had to take care of that little thing.

OMG, I missed that the first time I read the OP...

That explains your pain and just about leaves me speechless.

Do you believe in miracles?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dinamo

Very sorry to hear, hang in there my friend.
Do not let this terrible moment in your life cause you to self destruct.
I lost my 14 year old best buddy Zeke almost 4 years ago....went through the same thing.....carrying him outside to see if he would go.
He was immobile the last 2 days of his life. It was the worst 2 days of my life.
I buried him in the backyard under a nice shade tree and every year when it’s gets warm, my wife puts out her St.Francis of Assisi statue near his grave to watch over him.
Our 2 other younger dogs helped us cope with his death but I still constantly think of him.
Then 6 months later, we decided it was time and we got another puppy.
Now the 2 younger dogs are both 10 years old and the pup is 3.
In time maybe you will get another dog, maybe you won’t.....but once a dog lover/caregiver, they are in your heart and you are in theirs.
Time heals all.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I lost Cody, my chocolate Labrador, back in 2014. He was my best friend for nearly ten years; we did everything together. He slept at the foot of my bed each night. His problems started once he contracted Lyme disease from those damn tics, and while treated with antibiotics, his health slowly declined over the years. At the end he had Cushing's disease, an enlarge failing liver, and he was starting to suffer. When we put him down it was easily the worst day of my life. I've never cried so hard and damned God that much in my life -- it was like losing a child. I still think of Cody every day, and I can tell you that in time it does get easier, but you will never forget. It sucks now but life does go on.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Having lost many beloved fur babies through the years, I know how you are feeling and am so sorry for your loss. Know that you gave her a good life filled with love and that she is now in a better place.

edit on 20-4-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Death and loss is damn difficult every time. Be it human, canine, feline, or anything that we have considered a friend or loved one.

I've held more hands and paws at that time than I can literally count. It never gets easier and each time, it tears a bit more away. But, what was built leading up to that wound more than makes up for it. The loss is one step back after we have made thousands forward, together.

I think the best way to honor the fallen is to embrace what we built together and not tear it down in our sadness.

Death seems to be the price we pay for the beauty of life.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Beautifully said!

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm really sorry OP. Perhaps volunteering or adopting another dog would help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join