It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Is Prepared To Discuss Denuclearization

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

North Korea has told the United States for the first time that it is prepared to discuss the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula when North Korean leader Kim Jong Un meets President Donald Trump, a U.S. official said on Sunday.

LINK - REUTERS

White House officials have not said where the Trump-Kim summit will be held. The agenda of the meeting is not yet known, and North Korea has not been clear about what steps it is willing to take to move toward denuclearization.

LINK - MSN

Earlier in March, Kim Jong-un invited Trump to meet about its nuclear program

LINK - NYTIMES

Could be great news and a HUGE win for Trump, but it also could be bullsh!t on North Koreas part, they've done this before and then gone back on it. Good old fashioned politics? Or part of the big script?

edit on 9-4-2018 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Seems fishy to me

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

North Korea has told the United States for the first time that it is prepared to discuss the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula when North Korean leader Kim Jong Un meets President Donald Trump, a U.S. official said on Sunday.

LI NK - REUTERS

Liars. NK offered this aplenty in the past if the Dept. of Offense would quit trolling them with modes of warfare, and intimidation.
edit on 9-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I wonder how much that will cost the USA.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

It's a trap. Before they have dinner together they talk and if Trump doesn't agree to everything
poison.

edit on 9-4-2018 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Seems fishy to me

I would say, it is not out of the question that someone had a serious talk with him during the recent surprise train ride to China.

He had the audacity to both trash-talk and threaten China last year, and that did not go over well in Beijing. I imagine that he lost a LOT of his leeway there.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

No CNN link, so it must be true. Awesome!

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Cautious optimism...

North Korea has done this a few times before and always reneged on their commitments. The way Un has been going with his all of a sudden about face makes one wonder if he is simply trying to stall for time.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Oooooh

In yo face everyone that said Trump was a danger to the world.

This would be huuuge. Everyone would win.

edit on 4 9 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Discuss-yes; denuclearize-never. Shady dealings all around. Believe nothing.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

lol, I was going to add...lil Kim has been wearing a fat suit, and secretly training as a dark ninja style assassin! Once they close the door, he turns around to lock the door shedding his disguise and takes a deadly stance....dun dun dun duuuuuuuun

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It will never ever happen..

Every regime who has stopped their nuclear program due to western pressure has instantly toppled..

However, no nuclear power has EVER been invaded.. nor has any nation to become a full blown nuclear power EVER given that up..

If we wanted to stop NK from getting nukes, Bush Jr. is the last guy to have a chance at invading without risking a nuclear retaliation.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Screw North Korea specifically..

No nuclear power will EVER give it up...

Not us..

Not russia..

Not China..

Not anyone ever..

It would be stupid to...and basically political suicide..

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Far more likely is Kim saying “ok, ok. Lift all the sanctions and give me a couple hundred million and I’ll probably do it..”

Then every few years he does it again..

Wash rinse repeat.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Lmao..

There is ZERO chance ANY nuclear power gives up the might and influence nuclear weapons gives a nation... it is basically a “get out of invasions free card.”

Ever.. it isn’t in their best ibtrest to and there is no price high enough to make it worth it...

What would it take for the US to disarm???

What would it take for the us to disarm when russia and China wouldn’t be???

There ain’t enough gold in the planet..
edit on 9-4-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
- Some stupid people a year ago when NK was sending missiles over the globe and Trump was tweeting at Kim:

"Damn you Mr. Trump won't do anything to stop a war we're doomed with this guy!!11!"

- Some stupid people nowadays:

"Meh, it's never gonna work, what difference does it make if other countries still have etc"

Figures.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Lots of people here seam to really want ww 3 .
Odd thing is it would have already happened if not for nuks . Irony is a weapon you can never use .

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

A world war 3 without nukes would be a vacation compared to a WW3 with nukes..

If or really WHEN , long term atleast 2 powers like the US vs Russia were to happen. They don’t launch 10 nukes each and call it a day..

They shoot thousands EACH!

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

"Ich bin [mir] nicht sicher, mit welchen Waffen der dritte Weltkrieg ausgetragen wird, aber im vierten Weltkrieg werden sie mit Stöcken und Steinen kämpfen"

Translated -

I am not sure with which weapons the third world war will be fought, but in the fourth world war they will fight with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm sure they'll abandon their nukes once they get something completely unobtainable in return. Not gonna happen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join