It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cognitive Dissonance and the left losing its collective mind

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

we have someone living close by us that has chickens, they have two large pens that they can keep them in. on year, they will plant a garden in one, keep the chickens in the other, then the next year, it will be rotated...
their garden always looks nice.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I use a .22 because it will handle most critters around here. .22 bullets are cheap.

But notice I said most. We have the occasional black bear, and the occasional mountain lion. Not very far from me there are wild boar. I wouldn't attempt to engage any of those with a .22... but I would do so with my .444 Marlin or my Mini-14. And of course, there's the most dangerous critter known out here: humans. A human will convince you they are harmless, then attack only when your back is turned, and they will do so for other reasons than protection or food... they will do so for greed or just out of anger.

If I come across a rattlesnake, I know what I am dealing with. It is a poisonous snake that can kill with a single bite, but it doesn't want to bite me. All I have to do is allow it to leave and it will happily do so (although if it's eating size, we have a different relationship going on). When I come across a human, I have no way to know from one moment to the next if it is dangerous, how dangerous it is, or how it plans to attack me. Humans, especially the dangerous ones, have weapons too, which means I need weaponry at least similar in power.

I'm fine with the cities doing reasonable things to curb violence... please, knock yourself out! But city laws do not stop at the city limits... they tend to cover the whole nation. And taking away my guns is no different with my lifestyle than taking away my oxygen... both are deadly to me, and I'll not allow it as long as I can fight back. Your city laws do not work here. Either keep them in your cities (which has never worked), or better yet, enforce the ones you already have; us country folk are doing just fine without them.

That is the sane way to approach it.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
sorry, I just checked...
I know exactly where my mind is!!!
do you??

there are some things that are worse than having trump in office...
a big one is having his supporters running amok all over the place yapping all the crazy crap they are.
yous did the same thing after bush 2 won, only your yapping was a little saner...
but still your mouth was too big for your britches and well, you lost supporters because of it..
then you lost elections.

the "either your with us or your against us" didn't fly over too well then, your "your either with us or your nuts" isn't flying over too well now...

geez!!! you'd think that if the right is so worried about us crazy liberals starting a civil war, they'd be more than happy to support federal legislation that took the guns out of the hands of the crazies, but instead... they're clinging to their guns, holding fast to their constitutional rights, so afraid that it would be them who would be considered to be the crazies of the world... just in case they need to them to wage war against the US army...
which sounds a lot like civil war to me!!!

heck it seems some think that civil war has already started...

TWP members celebrated their role in the event and glorified Heyer’s death. “Dead commies is never bad…” wrote TWP chat participant ‘Kombat-Unit.’ “1 dead enemy, 35 injured & 2 dead cops is a win to any true revolutionary…” boasted Discord user ‘Harbinger of Hate’. “# your optics…I’m here to fight a #ing war.”

www.unicornriot.ninja...

Your premise is completely wrong. You put the bush clan with the Trump clan and they belong with the Clinton clan. Bush/Clinton is the conspiracy we are hopefully recovering from.
The real conservatives recognize the bush's and Clinton's are 2 sides of the same coin. The real libs, well, I just do not understand that mind so who knows???

Are we agreeing to disarm all the crazy libs because we can just claim, as you clearly stated, that you guys can be legally considered too crazy to be trusted with guns?
All we have to do is get a bunch of unelected psychologists to claim leftist libs certifiably crazy and wahlah, end of the gun debate
edit on 7-4-2018 by bulwarkz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

lol.... bush was that "compassionate conservative" that many of the trumpites were happy to follow back then.... he didn't turn into a "liberal" till he failed in his mission and was thrown under the bus, which I am sure yous will do with trump eventually..
heck it wouldn't surprise me that if I went back in the posts here, I'd find bu#es claiming that the liberals were mentally deranged back then also, I know yous were claiming it long before trump came into office...
so, no, not even according to the conservative conversations, was it the election of trump that drove them off the deep end... they were already there in your eyes!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Nope. GHWB has been at the head and I have never supported that clan. Slick Willy worked for him. The black market drug trade is their baby. CIA fingerprints all over it and them.

Trump is the enemy of this clan. Trump has skeletons in the closet fer sure but not with the Bush/Clinton clan. The neocons are closer to leftists than conservative. Compare the Trumpites with the Reaganites and you might have something. Try and attach us to the neocons and you lose what credibility you have left. We place the last 30 years in the GHWB leadership and with Trump that crap hopefully ends

reply to: dawnstar

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think that for some people on the left, they are trying to make up for being a terrible person. It's like when someone acts tough as a protection mechanism when really they are not tough. Or when someone acts arrogant or douchy when really they lack self confidence. It's the same type of deal with some of liberals. They have to pretend that they care about society by doing things to protect the public like banning guns or letting in refugees out of the goodness of their heart. They only care about themselves and pretend to care about these things to make up for the selfishness and hate that they have in their hearts. This is not all liberals but for some of these extreme progressives, I believe this is true.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: TheRedneck

but, I don't believe there are many city folks even that want to take your little .22 handgun from you. they just don't want guns capable of letting off enough rounds to turn your dog, chickens, ducks, geese, along with the wild animal that is sneaking in for it's dinner into a buffet for the vultures being carried into the places they and their children congregate and turning them into a buffet... after all they have no vultures to clean up the mess and it's not chickens and geese that are being slaughtered.

We need high semi-automatic weapons for many reasons. A wild boar coming out of the bush is fast and ferocious. Its smart and more than likely you will miss shooting it with your first round. You better be able to shoot fast because it will hurt you bad.

Beyond that mountain lions and bear there are the most dangerous predators. Hungry inner city people looking for food. They will have illegal weapons and will come at us hard and in large numbers if the system collapses. I need a semi automatic weapon with a high capacity ability to protect my family and I. Its your crazy leftist school indoctrinated children doing a lot of these shootings that have brought this gun debate. Its YOUR job to muzzle these insane morally corrupt miscreants. Leave the rest of us alone please.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneGunMan

These school shootings didn't happen 50 years ago, I guess we didn't have guns then.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

We weren't scared of guns then.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: LoneGunMan

I’d hazard a guess that if Hilary won, you’d be seeing the sam lunacy from the right.

Maybe we’ll find out in 2020?

You're predicting Hillary beating Trump in 2020?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join