It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Jarida: IAF F-35s over Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight
a reply to: nwtrucker

No, the existing B61 is undergoing a life extension program which will ensure compatibility with the F-35 among other things.
Its extremely unlikely that Israel uses the B61 though.
The only new development going on is the LRSO, a nuclear armed missile intended to be carried by strategic bombers, mainly the B-21.
No connection to the F-35 or Israel.

Ok, close enough, though. Then the new B61 will be/is deliverable by an F-35. so the U.S. 'could' supply them to Israel, unlikely, or Israel could develop a similarly capable system. I'd assume Israel already has a system developed that could be delivered by their legacy aircraft and that would be adapted to their F-35s.

Bottom line is one cannot discount Israel using the F-35 for a preemptive nuclear strike against Iran. Yes?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Israel probably has developed their own nuclear gravity bombs and cruise missiles for their legacy fleet, yes.
Allegedly the two F-15 Squadrons at Tel Nof cover the nuclear mission.

As for preemptively nuking Iran with whatever aircraft - aint going to happen. Not unless we are talking about a nuclear armed Iran deploying nuclear tipped missiles for imminent attack or something.
Israel wont nuke anyone unless they face a clear and present danger to their existence and all other Options have been exhausted.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

I'd agree on the scenario you describe. I was commenting on the likelihood of capability of the F-35s' use in that event.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well unless they got something small enough to fit into the internal weapons buy it wouldnt make much of a difference anyway.
And i dont think nuclearizing the F-35Is is very high on their priority list. You could tell that alone by looking at their basing plans.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I see it as an intel device and a quick strike platform.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join