It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alton Sterling - No charges against LEOs, the right call IMO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I don’t think it matters , nor could you ever really tell in a scrum like that:.

I don’t think unarmed citizens not being violent should be required to comply.

But once you have a gun.. well that just ups the ante..

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
All you fraudulent Libertarians and Constitutionalists and "Law purists" that can justify police Murdering people with impunity, that can justify breaking the ""LAW"" because you have a badge, you are all supporting armed enforcing of tyranny by the State

He was held down on the ground and shot...

www.cnn.com...

"The owner of the store where the shooting occurred said that Sterling had started carrying a gun a few days prior to the event as other CD vendors had been robbed recently. He also said that Sterling was "not the one causing trouble" during the situation that led to the police being called. At the time of his death, Sterling was 37 years old."

"A second video was made available the day after the shooting by the store owner and eyewitness, who said in a statement to NBC News, "Sterling never wielded the gun or threatened the officers."

The Store owner is covering his arse in the neighboohood so he dont get robbed or jacked up by them for being seen as helping the cops. but of course some will say nu uh and ignore it.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm on the fence on this one, at least personally (maybe not legally).

I don't think that the officers acted criminally, so I suppose that I agree with the declination of filing charges, but at the same time, I don't think that they necessarily needed to shoot him, either.

But I wasn't there, and the two cell-phone videos available are sketchy with the details as to what was happening during the struggle by Mr. Sterling.

But I agree with the OP--if Mr. Sterling had acted more intelligently, things wouldn't have escalated to that point.

This is one of those lose-lose situations, IMO, but I will be interested to see the surveillance video and body-cam video when it's released. Hopefully it sheds more light on the decision.
edit on 28-3-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Finally...does anyone else remember the last time there was a protest for this guy? Dallas. 5 cops killed. Over a dozen injured....

That is what is crazy. I was waiting and did not see anyone else bring it up so I apologize if I did not see it but think about that. Here people are again arguing over a convict with a gun when someone went on a rampage based on protests and killed innocent people.

www.facebook.com...

Even after the deaths of those cops they still make them all out to be bad and people WONDER and QUESTION why things are as they are????

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Are you a white male, praytell?

originally posted by: subfab

no.
i'm mexican

Priceless. I love it when people ignorantly playing the goddam race card get smacked in the face with it.

Subfab, good form in your approach to law enforcement, especially in front of your son.

Wayfarer--very, very poor form.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join