It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US school shootings - Schools are SAFEST place in America, BY FAR!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Grand Junction, CO "Attempted or completed suicide, with no intent to injure other person"

That guy killed himself, and definitely had intention to kill. He killed 1.

*sigh*

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Ohhh Ohhh I know I know! "Raises hand while the rest of the class rolls their eyes"

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

US school shootings - Schools are SAFEST place in America, BY FAR!!!

Sad, isn´t it?

Because:

13 dead at Columbine.
26 dead at Sandy Hook.
17 dead at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
etc

306 School Shootings In America Since 2013

If schools are the BY FAR!!! safest places in the "U"S, then i would think about it!

Yeah, those have been taken into consideration. Your list states many incidents of accident gun fire or no injury and includes colleges/universities. My research was for K-12. Believe what you like, I laid out the numbers and stats, with the cited sources, for ~20 years of shootings in the US. Did you even read the post?

This is why you are missing the point.

Security in schools needs to be stepped up in a manner that isn't noticeable to the students.

Competent cops would be a start.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: Vector99

You know what would be better? Apprehending mentally unstable individuals that present a danger to the general public that have a laundry list of constant visits by law enforcement or school suspensions...

But yeah make schools a tough target seems to work half way. The other half is to make it known that if you cause problems, you will be looked at VERY carefully.

Absolutely mental health is an issue, it never used to be, but now it is.

The issue is when it goes overlooked, and you end up with a shooting.

The other issue is when you don't have an adequate force to engage such a situation.

When you know the school cop is an overweight, out of shape, do nothing type cop, you definitely have confidence in your plan.

Ok, you can't keep using an anecdote to describe all SRO's and police.

The cops at the highschool near me are fit and look to bench about the front half of a sub-compact car.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Shoo- errr , go ahead.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Grand Junction, CO "Attempted or completed suicide, with no intent to injure other person"

*sigh*

Sigh all you want, that one hits really close to home. I was in Bailey CO when my girlfriends little brother was sent into lockdown at that school. I didn't know the girl that died, but he did.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

You know what would be better? Apprehending mentally unstable individuals that present a danger to the general public that have a laundry list of constant visits by law enforcement or school suspensions...

But yeah make schools a tough target seems to work half way. The other half is to make it known that if you cause problems, you will be looked at VERY carefully.

The other issue is when you don't have an adequate force to engage such a situation.

When you know the school cop is an overweight, out of shape, do nothing type cop, you definitely have confidence in your plan.

The cops at the highschool near me are fit and look to bench about the front half of a sub-compact car.

So you're in highschool?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

*sigh*

Sigh all you want, that one hits really close to home. I was in Bailey CO when my girlfriends little brother was sent into lockdown at that school. I didn't know the girl that died, but he did.

OK, and clearly mental illness played a huge part in that. DerBeobachter posted a site that counts it as a school shooting and doesn't go into greater detail. That's the one where the dude molested 5 girls and then shot one and himself right?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

So you're in highschool?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Yes
It was a hostage situation that lasted several hours.

Eventually one died, and one scum rid the,self of this earth.
edit on 26-3-2018 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Yes

Kind of does a disservice to the victims when they are a stat for "school shootings", and not victims of a man in need of mental help and that topic as a whole.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Yea, some are. And some aren’t.

By all accounts, up until the shooting the deputy at Stoneman was well thought of by everybody at the school.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Yea, some are. And some aren’t.

By all accounts, up until the shooting the deputy at Stoneman was well thought of by everybody at the school.

Typically when nothing goes wrong you will look at the authoritative figure in a positive light.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Yes

Kind of does a disservice to the victims when they are a stat for "school shootings", and not victims of a man in need of mental help and that topic as a whole.

Seriously?

The guy that did it was in his 50's.

One girl got shot and died, others got raped.

Yea let's not consider that a school shooting because only one died.

Wow.

ETA - I'll go ahead and exit this thread based on this comment before I say some stupid shlt.
edit on 26-3-2018 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Yes

Seriously?

Wow.

You know that's not how I meant it. But because he used a gun and it happened at a school, you won't look at it as anything but. He was clearly mentally ill, and should have been evaluated long before this happened.

This was not some kid looking to shoot up a school, either for revenge,broken heart or just to do it. There was something else at play in this case that makes it different from "School Shootings" like we are discussing here.

edit on 26-3-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

And typically you won’t know for certain how somebody will react when things do go wrong until they go wrong.

You’re really not making much of a point here. You don’t want armed guards, but you do want police. But then the police are, according to you, all fatasses riding out their pension. They’re not all like that, so then we pivot again to people liked Peterson because nothing had gone wrong yet.

Kinda going all over the map here. Yes, all cops should be in great shape and proactive and great shots. Now we have that novel concept settled.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Yes

Seriously?

Wow.

You know that's not how I meant it. But because he used a gun and it happened at a school, you won't look at it as anything but. He was clearly mentally ill, and should have been evaluated long before this happened.

It was a goddamn school shooting,

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Yes

Seriously?

Wow.

It was a goddamn school shooting,

See my edit

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I want school cop jobs to not be a retirement job.

They aren't always that situation, but it's typical. Of all people, you should know this.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

I want school cop jobs to not be a retirement job.

They aren't always that situation, but it's typical. Of all people, you should know this.

Its not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join