It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Carrey under fire over 'so-called Christian' painting of Sarah Huckabee

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Jim Carrey under fire over 'so-called Christian' painting
www.premierchristianradio.com...

Actor Jim Carrey has caused a Twitter storm after sharing online a portrait he painted that is widely believed to be of White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

The comedian shared an image of a painting with the caption: "This is the portrait of a so-called Christian whose only purpose in life is to lie for the wicked. Monstrous!"

The Mask star was criticised for his use of the term "so-called Christian" with one Twitter user tweeting in reference to Matthew 7: "Judge not least you be judged by that same measure. Be aware that we often use different measures. But this is a warning."

Jim Carrey's tweet

"
"This is the portrait of a so-called Christian whose only purpose in life is to lie for the wicked. Monstrous!"

I mean to be fair...the portrait kind of does look like her...lol...I recognized her face instantly! Check it...

But definitely throwing in the smart remarks is what is creating this buzz. Not good for the J-meister

edit on 23-3-2018 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I think he is bang on correct.
Good painting also.
edit on 23-3-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I think she is hot. Really smart.

I probably think she is hot because she is so smart.

Based on that alone I say "Boo" for Jim. Sarah is fire.

LOL.
edit on 3 23 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Is there any proof he intended it to be a portrait of her?

A celebrity using his platform to hurl insults and condemn large groups of people isn't normally something that happens on twitter. So I'm going to go with the fact that this could all just be a misunderstanding.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Based on that alone I say "Boo" for Jim. Sarah is fire

LOL.

Not yet, but maybe by next Tuesday.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

A celebrity using his platform to hurl insults and condemn large groups of people isn't normally something that happens on twitter.

You're joking, yes?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think he's being an attention whore. Wasn't he in the news a couple of months ago about some other stupid #?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

If she didn't lie so much, she would actually be a good Press Secretary. She handles herself very well. Doesn't shy away from anyone or any question. And always has some sort of answer.

That being said, she is ridiculed because she does lie so much. Lately she is simply trying to dodge the questions more, or she changes the subject. And that's fine. That's how it's done. But when she lies, blatantly, about obvious things, well, who can take her seriously. And now, I don't believe her.

As for the painting, I kinda believe it's in bad taste, but the man has a right to express himself. And frankly, I'd bet he doesn't really care what anyone thinks.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think it's funny as hell.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I think he's being an attention whore. Wasn't he in the news a couple of months ago about some other stupid #?

Um, yeah, a MURDER trial.

Funny buzz here though lol.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Based on that alone I say "Boo" for Jim. Sarah is fire.

LOL.
i find her strangly attractive, too. she's not the "regular" kind of pretty, but intelligence and energy are just as sexy, to me anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You #s need to get out more.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've met Jim and my brother is mentioned in his book.

Ever since his girlfriend committed suicide he's flipped.

He is losing his mind. I'm serious.

He is all over YouTube saying really crazy sh!t.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Lol pretty good painting if you ask me. But I like Sarah as well. She hands those supposed journalists their ass each and every press conference and just says it like it is. People need to quit being so offended over everything. The PC days are long gone. Even Joe Biden gave up on being pc recently and he’s like the lefts savior right now.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Free expression.

Just because it is offensive, it shouldn't be banned or censored.

My opinion? Jim Carrey was funny with the pet detective movies and that mask film.

Since then?

Meh.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is pretty old news. Either way, maybe art should just be banned too before anyone else is insulted. Its getting ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't understand why she lets Donald Trump make a fool out of her every single day.

He either feeds her lies to tell, or she's out of the loop. She needs to quit while she can still hold her head up, if it's not too late already. I felt sorry for her for a while, like Spicer, but not anymore. She needs to cut her losses and get off this merry-go-round. It ain't merry no more.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The man has talent. The only people who are offended by this are the same people who call everyone else a snowflake for various reasons.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I don't understand why she lets Donald Trump make a fool out of her every single day.

He either feeds her lies to tell, or she's out of the loop. She needs to quit while she can still hold her head up, if it's not too late already. I felt sorry for her for a while, like Spicer, but not anymore. She needs to cut her losses and get off this merry-go-round. It ain't merry no more.

Spicey was simply inept.

Sanders is a really good propagandist for the administration. She knows exactly what she's doing when she spins in favor of the admin, which is her job.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Jim Carrey is free to criticize who he chooses. He has every right to. In my opinion it is distasteful but I am not going to advocate for his silence from MSM.

Only a leftist will try to silence people they disagree with.

Feel free to be offended. Criticism is not without ridicule however.

On sarah, I like her she is talented and smart and looks good. Has she told lies? Don't know. Dont care. I hate the main stream media anyway so I don't care if she lied to them.
edit on 23-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join