It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France: Policeman shot - Hostages taken at supermarket

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: moistywood
This could not have happened in France right? Dont they have really strict gun laws there?

And the guy had grenades? Are they legal in France?

Nobody likes a smarta$$!

This seems to have gotten under control very fast, compared to other in incidents of its ilk.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

This could not have happened in France right? Dont they have really strict gun laws there?

Nobody likes a smarta$$!

This seems to have gotten under control very fast, compared to other in incidents of its ilk.

You speak for everyone now?

Some people like smart asses... Especially when it points out stupidity..

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Nobody likes a smarta$$!

What stupidity were you pointing out? All I saw was someone being blasé about murder and gun violence to try and deflect from the abhorrent level of gun deaths in their own country...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is fake news. France has strict gun laws and grenades are banned.

Ask anyone at this weekend’s march, strict gun laws and banning inanimate objects means this has to be fake news ....unless fascist gun bans don’t work....

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: moistywood

judging by the amount of gun related murders in France to date and school shootings, i think they are doing a good job deterring gun related mass murders.

Except for this one and the one in Paris right? If criminals want guns they are going to get them.AND GRENADES..

It´s really not a problem to get guns here, since the yugoslavia war, and they aren´t even expensive, just illegal in the most european countries.
But we europeans don´t think that we would need war weapons to have a good life.
We feel secure without firearms, otherwise we all would buy tons of ammo and guns.
But we don´t, because we don´t need to. Because we don´t have to be afraid that the neighbour, your working colleague, the hobo at the corner or whoever else, is armed with a firearm.

We don't have to worry about knife crime because 14,000 people aren't victims of knife related crime in London, and 4000 people aren't hospitalized each year, and 80 people aren't fatally killled in London alone.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: auroraaus

Man, ATS really needs to fix the issue of not showing punctuation on thread titles on the recent posts page.

I read it as “Policeman shot hostages taken at supermarket”

Like a lot of the other coding bugs that never get fixed, this one won't either.

Man, I came into this thread thinking something totally different was going on.
edit on 23 3 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I mentioned something really "weird"(not really weird for lunatic, tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists).
So, "our" german "representatives of the people" weren´t able to build a government for months, they were nearly on "Pause Mode".

France, robber baron capitalist and MILF lover Macron waited desperatly for his maybe real love, Merkel, so he could start to work. Months.

Now think back, how many, (for sure not self made), terror attacks did we have in Germany and France since Germany and France were on "Pause Mode", because of "our" german "heroes and idols" that call themselves "representatives of the people". How many terror threats did we have in that time?

I tell you, ZERO, NULL!

It was two or three days after they build their "new" government, that we were warned again, via the MSM, from IS sleepers, IS fighters in Germany, IS women and stuff. When government was on "Pause Mode", nothing like that. But since the "rulers" resumed their "work"(for the big money, not the people!)...

And i am pretty sure the same applies to France, can´t rememebr anything terror related in that time they were on "pause mode".

And i bet we will find a lot of holes, discrepancies, an illogical official story at the end, again in that actual case now!

But i also bet that are again just coincidences...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Nobody likes a smarta$$!

What stupidity were you pointing out? All I saw was someone being blasé about murder and gun violence to try and deflect from the abhorrent level of gun deaths in their own country...

So I am using a story in the news to push an agenda? That never happens...

The fact is they have very strict gun laws and this guy had GRENADES and guns.. It could have easily been very very very bad if he wanted it to be.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Nobody likes a smarta$$!

The fact is they have very strict gun laws and this guy had GRENADES and guns.. It could have easily been very very very bad if he wanted it to be.

It could have been but wasn't thanks to French Police, no have-a-go-hero civilian with a gun needed...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Nobody likes a smarta$$!

It could have been but wasn't thanks to French Police, no have-a-go-hero civilian with a gun needed...

I will give you that.. Our cops stood outside.. Just another reason I want mine...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

no have-a-go-hero civilian with a gun needed...

Most of us who carry don't believe ourselves to be heroes.

Just wanna come home in one piece should the unlikely happen.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

judging by the amount of gun related murders in France to date and school shootings, i think they are doing a good job deterring gun related mass murders.

Except for this one and the one in Paris right? If criminals want guns they are going to get them.AND GRENADES..

It´s really not a problem to get guns here, since the yugoslavia war, and they aren´t even expensive, just illegal in the most european countries.
But we europeans don´t think that we would need war weapons to have a good life.
We feel secure without firearms, otherwise we all would buy tons of ammo and guns.
But we don´t, because we don´t need to. Because we don´t have to be afraid that the neighbour, your working colleague, the hobo at the corner or whoever else, is armed with a firearm.

not to venture too far off topic, but you speak for how many of your countryman?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

So 'mericans turn a sad French news story about terrorism into another story about gun laws!! Americans must be quaking in there little booties that the country that gave them the Statue of Liberty are gonna come and make Americas gun laws even stricter!!! Wont someone think of the children!!

edit on 23-3-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Probably Atomwaffen you know since we like to throw that out around here.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
This is fake news. France has strict gun laws and grenades are banned.

Ask anyone at this weekend’s march, strict gun laws and banning inanimate objects means this has to be fake news ....unless fascist gun bans don’t work....

I beg your pardon??

Are you saying that those people killed and injured, all those witnesses from the public, journalists and all those police involved were fake?

Can you look squarely in the eyes of the victims loved ones and tell them it's all fake, never happened and so on?

Fair dinkum mate. Wake up.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

no have-a-go-hero civilian with a gun needed...

Most of us who carry don't believe ourselves to be heroes.

Just wanna come home in one piece should the unlikely happen.

See there is gun ownership I can get behind but that's for another thread...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The story is becoming clear that one of the cops, a senior officer, handed himself over in return for "some hostages", he left his phone, with an open line to a colleague, on the table. When the gunman found out he opened fire on the officer and that's when they stormed the building and took out the perp. The cop is now fighting for his life.
edit on 23/3/18 by djz3ro because: I recycled a double post...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Sadly that policeman has died in hospital not long ago

Trebe supermarket shootings - policeman who traded places dies in hospital

Also from the same source, interestingly, the policeman (that just died) was interviewed in December talking about how they had just done training in a supermarket mass killing scenario.

Policeman 'in supermarket attack simulation last year' In December, in an interview with the local Independent newspaper, Mr Beltrame said he had taken part in an attack simulation in Carcassonne that centred around a mass attack in a supermarket. "A mass killing took place in a supermarket. This is the only information that was given to the police," he was quoted by the newspaper as saying, describing the simulation scenario. "We want to be closer to real conditions, so there is no pre-established scenario."

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

We don't have to worry about knife crime because 14,000 people aren't victims of knife related crime in London, and 4000 people aren't hospitalized each year, and 80 people aren't fatally killled in London alone.

This si totally the wrong thread for my reply but if you believe there are zero knife crimes in USa you would be mistaken, I beleieve DerBeobachter response was accurate, here are some statistics from 2016

Type of weapons used in USA

AS to the OP, the brave policeman trying to prevent as much carnage has passed from his wounds

update on policeman

I hope my own children can somehow resolve the religious problems we have failed to

RIP to all victims of this evil crime

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The guy is a true Hero.

Have some respect!

Imagine how many kids he would have saved in florida, had he been there.

Die in embarrassment, Coward County.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join