It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCabe authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: Fired FBI official authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say

Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Democratic lawmakers have repeatedly accused Sessions of misleading them in congressional testimony and called on federal authorities to investigate, but McCabe's previously-unreported decision to actually put the attorney general in the crosshairs of an FBI probe was an exceptional move.

One source told ABC News that Sessions was not aware of the investigation when he decided to fire McCabe last Friday less than 48 hours before McCabe, a former FBI deputy director, was due to retire from government and obtain a full pension, but an attorney representing Sessions declined to confirm that. Last year, several top Republican and Democratic lawmakers were informed of the probe during a closed-door briefing with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and McCabe, ABC News was told.

Well, isn't that interesting.

If you're an honest broker, it really seems impossible to argue against the need for a 2nd special counsel.

Amazing.
edit on 21-3-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How was ABC news told about something that was discussed in a "closed door meeting"?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Washington runs on innuendo and leaks.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Im guessing the same avenue as all of the leaks regarding the present admin...criminal unscrupulous leakers with no honor.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Leakers have long been a protection for the American people - think how different history would be if Deep Throat had never leaked his info.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EngineOfDoubt

fair point, I might offer a replacement identifier as "planted" leakers .

and the Comey and McCabe leaks were to cover their own misdeads, so not the same as say, Snowden imo.
edit on 21-3-2018 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

"Last year, several top Republican and Democratic lawmakers were informed of the probe during a closed-door briefing with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and McCabe, ABC News was told."

Well, they finally got rid of one of these two turncoats...hopefully Rosenstein is the next one to take an early retirement, or to get fired. He is in up to his eyeballs in everything from the Dossier/FISA Court, to Uranium One, to the Clinton Email and Foundation coverup.

Better drain the swamp Mr. Trump and Sessions, before the Alligators in there eat you both up.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This reeks of a Trump-orchestrated leak to build a case to oust Sessions. Not that Sessions is anything but a racist purjuring scumbag.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of either of them, but wouldn't this termination then qualify as retaliation? I don't know if that means anything in D.C. but any place of employment has protection from retaliation.

edit to add following...

So, Sessions first of all should not have been the one terminating him since he already recused himself from any such proceedings and now it seems he should also have recused himself since he was being investigated by the same man he fired. He should have been far removed from anything to do with this man, but it would appear he couldn't help himself.
edit on 21-3-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
MSM/Political Complex really getting desperate.

If "They" had anything on Sessions, it would have been plastered all over the place by now.

My God. They are pulling every trick in the book 👋

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
More of a catch-22. McCabe should have been fired when he blocked the attempt to expand the investigation into the Clinton foundation.

If Jeff Session's was under investigation for making misleading statements to Congress it shows that McCabe has a bias.

McCabe should have been fired for blocking a deeper investigation into Clinton Foundation, Comey should have been fired for exhortating Hillary Clinton with the email scandal. The problem is that it looks like the Trump admin is firing people trying to gum up Muellers obstruction and Russian collusion investigation.

None of them care about us, they only care about themselves and their friends.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

So does this means Jeff should open investigations on the traitors as well?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

EXCLUSIVE: Fired FBI official authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say

Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Democratic lawmakers have repeatedly accused Sessions of misleading them in congressional testimony and called on federal authorities to investigate, but McCabe's previously-unreported decision to actually put the attorney general in the crosshairs of an FBI probe was an exceptional move.

One source told ABC News that Sessions was not aware of the investigation when he decided to fire McCabe last Friday less than 48 hours before McCabe, a former FBI deputy director, was due to retire from government and obtain a full pension, but an attorney representing Sessions declined to confirm that. Last year, several top Republican and Democratic lawmakers were informed of the probe during a closed-door briefing with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and McCabe, ABC News was told.

If you're an honest broker, it really seems impossible to argue against the need for a 2nd special counsel.

Amazing.

You are wearing out my fingers with S&F's today.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

He was not recused from things related to Hillary. It seems mccabes lack if candor related to hillary.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

Amazing.

Perhaps there's a cream for that.

If not, here's $20 for a room.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

Amazing.

Perhaps there's a cream for that.

If not, here's $20 for a room.

I will check on the cream.

$20 buck room?

Need a serious upgrade if you even want consideration.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am one of McCabes biggest critics, but allow me to sort of defend him in this instance.

I dont think the fact that he was investigating Sessions is any more nefarious than the rest of the investigation into trump associates.

If mccabe was looking in to people with russsian contacts, sessions seems to have benen someone worth looking in to.

Now how he acted in that investigation could be an area of conflict, and definitely the fact McCabe orederd no look into hillarys peoples connections to russia is shady.

But I dont see how this story changes anything.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Unless you view it as a pretext to take another preemptive strike to advance your insurance policy.

Doesn't seem so leave it to beaver to me.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I miss Obama

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Why does everyone coveniently ignore that the FBIs own internal affairs division recommended McCabe be dismissed? ...and that the recommendation was based on the FBI IG investigation?

There is no nefarious anything here, unless you consider a LE organization actually policing its’ own a nefarious action. I thought a lot of the liberal leaning folks had been screaming for such actions; now that they have it, seems the screaming has become about an actual investigation being completed with resulting consequences.

I posit that ANY AG would have had to fire McCabe based on the recommendation or risk being derelict in their duty.

<<   2 >>

join