It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitutional Question 18 Ammendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

No, addiction leads to crimes like theft, armed robbery, rape, murder, kidnapping... Those would make someone a criminal.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Sorry if its been stated, I didn't see it. Women's Suffrage, Temperance League, they clamored to ban "Demon Rum". You see. all the men had gone off to fight the war in Europe, leaving the women in charge of reason .

(slowly backs away)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

No, addiction leads to crimes like theft, armed robbery, rape, murder, kidnapping... Those would make someone a criminal.

what a bunch of crap... hyper bowl much?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

To quote Wayne from Letterkenny, "Can confirm."
IDK how many inmates I worked with that were in for thieven for money for drugs.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sorry if its been stated, I didn't see it. Women's Suffrage, Temperance League, they clamored to ban "Demon Rum". You see. all the men had gone off to fight the war in Europe, leaving the women in charge of reason .

(slowly backs away)

:

dem sponges

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

IDK how many inmates I worked with that were in for thieven for money for drugs.

iyo Would that be an effect of the rising prices for drugs because of the unconstitutional laws currently in place?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: YouSir

People want to legalize drugs? Fine, but I don't want to become a state enabler. In other words, you end up on the street because of your habit? You are on the street. Actions and habits have consequences and you need to realize that.

I am only interested in helping those who really want to help themselves. I don't have the time or resources to support a cadre of addicts.

Ummm...nor do I...I'm not for legalization myself...however...as some have stated addiction isn't always because of abuse of illicit substances...but due to legal pharmaceuticals...

There is no single one size fits all answer obviously...

My concern is those that OD and not holding the dealers responsible for selling poison to addicted individuals who in many cases became addicted from a prescription...obviously again...not a one size fits all scenario...

Hence my solution that I mentioned above where..."Let them have their cake...they just have to bake it themselves and can't sell or give it away"...

Just a thought...not an advocacy...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

No, unconstitutional laws lead to subversion of a free society

The war on drugs has negative effects on freedom

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

iyo Would that be an effect of the rising prices for drugs because of the unconstitutional laws currently in place?

Drugs are actually cheap. It's hard to work and get high. I know there's many functioning addicts, I was one but there are a helluva lot that aren't.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm not for legalization myself.

so you are in favor of changing the constitution to remove our rights legally??

You can not have legalization of a substance that is not illegal according to our constitution

the only thing to legalize would be the removable of our rights granted by the founders and god.

I insist that all drugs are legal unless legally regulated

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

(slowly backs away)

:

dem sponges

Prohibition gave rise to the largest crime syndicate in the country. Bootlegging illegal liquor, often poisonous, the crime syndicate that murdered many more people and still people were finding ways to get liquor to feed their addiction.

It didn't work. Banning anything, doesn't work. What it does is make the banned thing more profitable... greases the wheels of the Justice System, the gubment, the prisons, the gangs, the Gubment, did I mention, the gubment?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

(slowly backs away)

:

dem sponges

Prohibition gave rise to the largest crime syndicate in the country. Bootlegging illegal liquor, often poisonous, the crime syndicate that murdered many more people and still people were finding ways to get liquor to feed their addiction.

It didn't work. Banning anything, doesn't work. What it does is make the banned thing more profitable... greases the wheels of the Justice System, the gubment, the prisons, the gangs, the Gubment, did I mention, the gubment?

So we should ban gubment then.

link   

Drugs are actually cheap. It's hard to work and get high. I know there's many functioning addicts, I was one but there are a helluva lot that aren't.

cheap in relation to what exactly?

drugs are the most over priced substances in relation to size except for gold and such but they are indeed the most common overpriced substance known to mankind due to the illegal war on drugs.

So do you believe in my right to live and my right to die on my choosing?

link   

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I think you missed something in the Constitution. It gives the legislative branch the power to enact enforceable laws, which are then the law of the land and constitutional, provided the administrative branch signs off on it or there is enough votes in Congress to override.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Ummm...so basically your saying...legalize all drugs...just make them free...

Therefore no theft...or vandalization...or murder...cause...FREEDOM...just OD's to the left of me...OD's to the right...

That will put the dealers out of work...AND...have the added benefit of keeping them from in front of the firing squad...

Another...Win...Win...

YouSir
edit on 20-3-2018 by YouSir because: my post lacked a...them...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I think the idea of taxing legalized drugs should only be for closed loop things like recovery programs. Those who really want to get better will go into those programs and make them stick. It takes a monumental act to get better.

I also think we treat pain incorrectly. We seem to be in a societal place where we expect to live pain free. I think part of pain management should be in teaching people how to cope with a certain amount of pain and discomfort. Sometimes, you genuinely do need pain medication, but sometimes, the pain is tolerable. Right now, we seem to be in a place where no pain is tolerable and that leads to over medication where the doc prescribes way more and way stronger meds than maybe you should have.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

cheap in relation to what exactly?

drugs are the most over priced substances in relation to size except for gold and such but they are indeed the most common overpriced substance known to mankind due to the illegal war on drugs.

High end, yes. Cocaine is expensive. Crack isn't and it's much more prevalent. Same with meth. That one is challenging crack for the "use title".

So do you believe in my right to live and my right to die on my choosing?

As long as you leave others out of it no prob. No sweat off of my..., err, nose. Your friends and family may disagree though.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...so basically your saying...legalize all drugs...just make them free...

Therefore no theft...or vandalization...or murder...cause...FREEDOM...just OD's to the left of me...OD's to the right...

That will put the dealers out of work...AND...have the added benefit of keeping them from in front of the firing squad...

Another...Win...Win...

YouSir

That is not what i am saying at all

I am saying that we were givin the power to regulate and we should kick the power back to the states where it belongs.

There are constitutional ways to do things.

If we are to ever have future freedom then we have to follow the document.

Tyranny is rearing it's head.

First off it is our right as a nation to regulate the incoming drugs into our country.

It is also within the power of the gov. to regulate interstate commerce.

It is within the power of the state to allow me to grow poppy or mj or to not allow such.

The war on drugs was designed by the nwo to subvert our freedoms and make believe it was the only way.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think the idea of taxing legalized drugs should only be for closed loop things like recovery programs. Those who really want to get better will go into those programs and make them stick. It takes a monumental act to get better.

I also think we treat pain incorrectly. We seem to be in a societal place where we expect to live pain free. I think part of pain management should be in teaching people how to cope with a certain amount of pain and discomfort. Sometimes, you genuinely do need pain medication, but sometimes, the pain is tolerable. Right now, we seem to be in a place where no pain is tolerable and that leads to over medication where the doc prescribes way more and way stronger meds than maybe you should have.

Ummm...I totally agree...I have a lot of neck pain that graduates to a headache...I have this most days all day long...

I also refuse to take medication and instead stretch and exercise to strengthen other muscle groups...
I also meditate which helps a great deal...

I also have a very upbeat and compassionate attitude that I cultivate...I'm sure you've read my statements regarding those points before...

Pain is a part of being alive and I enjoy life to it's fullest...
If one truly is centered...then self realization teaches balance...and balance allows greater reflection on place and purpose...

Thank you

YouSir

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join