It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One way of defining the Christian God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

."but evil is an issue we see in this world and has to be explained, has to be dealt with"

It is the Opposite of Good . Like Water , they Both Seek a Level . The Universe could not Exist without Both .

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

With all due respect, that's where we will have to disagree
I have been promised a time when all evil will be destroyed, that a time in the future a rest from all the turmoil is promised.
Freedom and peace will be the very nature of existence

Not based on a star wars, the force scenario, but a place where love is the law

That is what I believe, you may choose otherwise

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
First there were many gods then there was in the minds of man one god. Then harking back to an earlier age Christianity claimed a pre-existent Trinity.

Hint; Zeus transformed to Jupiter transformed to YHWH.

As it is claimed Christ was always pre-existent within God likewise there is no God without a Human witness.

Consciousness allows the Universe to dance and sing.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao; The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of ten thousand things.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

First there was YHWH, always has been YHWH but then some adopted Zeus, then Jupiter then God sent Himself in Christ who Christians have accepted

YHWH has always been God, many have adopted other gods, still do

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

First there was YHWH, always has been YHWH but then some adopted Zeus, then Jupiter then God sent Himself in Christ who Christians have accepted

Yaldabaoth, aka YHWH is a product of Sophia who tried to emanate without Christ.
He thinks himself to be God and did indeed create this world.
There is a higher realm.
This is the Gnostic version of what is.
Probably best to show respect, even if He is something akin to a petulant child.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Yaldabaoth, aka YHWH is a product of Sophia who tried to emanate without Christ.
There is a higher realm.
Probably best to show respect, even if He is something akin to a petulant child.

That would be your opinion and you are welcome to it, doesn't mean you are right of course

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
At the end of revelation you will read that god despises a coward....
This now leads to defining and redefining man's portion of the many mysteries of God. If we do this.... There comes the point where we let go of the many mysteries and become betrothed to one attribute. Thus one god. One good. One truth.
God defined is not of our personal enlightenment...
He does not delight in flattery. Let us not be proud.
There is one Lord and many servants. Albeit servants of the highest love. Thus he is God.
Get out there and conquer..........

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

All I'm seeing here is a whole lot of narcissism and self importance. This creator thing you talk about seems to be doing a lot of impactful stuff with no real concern for the consequences aside from its own ego. Being immune to your mistakes is not the same thing as being a good leader. It just means the little guy pays the price. Ask job.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
You can't get "without concern for consequences" directly out of "he creates and communicates", which is the definition we're looking at.
Objectively speaking, one who can bring you and me and the rest of the universe into existence IS pretty important, and can hardly be blamed for thinking so. The only objection to the idea comes from our own sense of self-importance, doesn't it?
I have looked at Job; The Job debate; Judging the judge

edit on 19-3-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Existence is appearing to exist - there isn't someone doing existence and there isn't anything separate to existence.
No one is doing this - this is BEING this.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
As with other posters, I refer you once again to the Biblical claim that communication is taking place.
If communication is taking place, it is taking place between at least two distinct conscious existences.

For example, you could not address me yourself without being a conscious existence distinct from me.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
God is one who Communicates

This assumption is built into Biblical religion.

In the first place, the Bible is believed to contain examples of communication (as reported, for example, by the prophets).

Furthermore, the Bible is believed to reflect a policy of communication.
It is said that God is using the Bible to "reveal himself", and so Biblical religion used to be described as "revealed religion".

The belief that "God is one who Communicates" links back with the belief that "God is one who Creates".

God communicates is an assumption. And a 'belief' does not make it true.
If God is communicating it is with himself.
God is playing hide and seek with himself - there is no other.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

There is a higher realm.

That would be your opinion and you are welcome to it, doesn't mean you are right of course
It is not even my opinion, man. It is someone else who had an opinion strong enough to write about it.
I like YHWH'S opinion that He communicated with Moses in that book.
"I AM."
Like Popeye.
I don't know.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
God communicates is an assumption.

It is an assumption necessarily built into the definition of the Biblical God, which is founded upon the history of communication described in the Bible.
Just as the axioms of Euclid are necessarily built into Euclidean geometry

If God is communicating it is with himself.

That would not be communication. What is being described is communication.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

So basically you are contending that God has lost contact with His fingers? More or less.

That makes no sense. I do not talk to my fingers in the sense that they are self-aware and we haggle back and forth over whether or not they will or will not strike each individual key I need in order to type this response, but that's the premise you are taking.

God's fingers have more or less become self-aware and all the dialogue occurring is Him negotiating with the functional equivalent of different parts of HImself that have gained self-awareness and are not working as He needs them to.

You have reduced God to less than man with that system.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Yes, I understand it as an analogy.
My argument is that the analogy is imperfect, not exactly applicable, because you are comparing an ocean, something which has no self-consciousness, with something which (ex hypothesi) DOES have self-consciousness.

I think that the water drops does have conciouness. But they accept what they are, a water droplet. And act accordingly it purpose. They recognize they are in the ocean, they know they are part of something bigger. Accept their place and work together to keep the ocean an ocean.
That is something that humans do not recognize, that they are part of something bigger and if we recognize our place and act accordingly, imagine the things we could do. Unfortunately most of humans do not recognize that.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You have reduced God to less than man with that system.

Where does man come into it?

God is playing hide and seek with himself - there is no other.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

By implying that we are all part of God and that God has to negotiate with us in order to get anything done.

That is the implication of God having parts that are self aware and in rebellion. How many of your parts are self-aware and in rebellion against you at the same time?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

By implying that we are all part of God and that God has to negotiate with us in order to get anything done.

What is IS. There is no 'we' - there is only the ONLY.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join