It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Proposes U.S. ‘Space Force’ to Guard the Galaxy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Actually I’m pretty sure we have treaties with EVERYONE agreeing NO ONE, will put weapons platforms in space.

So all it would do is cause WW3...

Not suprisibg since he said he wanted to BREAK the Iran treaty , to which they would instantly start making nukes again..

Then he is gonna have a useless meeting with North Korea WHO WILL NOT BE GIVING UP THEIR NUKES. So the only real change will be if trump pisses him off and worsens relations.

Oh and transparency?!?!

From the guy who can’t even keep his story straight long enough to finish a speech.. lmao..

The guy presently being investigated by the fbi for betraying his country???

The guy who lied about the NFL, better buisness buero, pig blood bullets, exc, exc, exc.

Lmao

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Just another one of Little Donny's attempts at distraction.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The Outer Space Treaty of 1967 only prohibits "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in space, which leaves quite a lot of room for "other" weapons to be deployed without technically being in breach of the Treaty.

Here is Wikipedia on the treaty.

There is no treaty prohibiting the US or any other military from going into space, weapons and all, as long as they are not "weapons of mass destruction".

So there is that.

I also found it interesting that Trump was referring to the "tremendous amount of activity" that the US military already have going on in space. I mean we know there are quite a few satellites, known and unknown, and that may be what he meant. Still, a curious turn of phrase for the conspiratorially inclined.

Cheers,

BT

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Or is it actually just a way to begin revealing what we already have in place?

Begin spending more on secret projects you mean? How many satellite payloads have been labeled 'secret'.

The arms race, the space race and the peace race have always sapped the worlds economy. Now it will begin to blossom and bear fruit.

The fruit of war.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

War is a part of the human condition. Would you expect anything different?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

Thats why there is war.

What the hell, everyone does it.

Rape pillage and burn...

what a moronic outlook

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: WarPig1939

Thats why there is war.

What the hell, everyone does it.

Rape pillage and burn...

what a moronic outlook

Sorry the truth hurts you. I never said it was right but it happens, considering we are close to world war 3 right now, it only makes sense. There won't be everlasting peace for another 200 years. As long as there is a man/woman that seeks power to control another person or people or a prejudice against something, there will be conflict.
edit on 14-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: abe froman
It's like saying "If only Broward County had a sheriff" to a Broward County deputy.

The first big war in space may be the last one, and last time humans get to leave the planet / have space stations / have satellites.

Brilliant idea guys!

And way to trigger an arms race / world war.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Throw this in with "releasing the JFK files," under "ridiculous things only a cult member would believe."

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The base could be set up on the moon.........

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Sorry the truth hurts you.

War hurts more.

I never said it was right but it happens,

You excused it because "it happens".

Shame on the war pigs.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: WarPig1939

Sorry the truth hurts you.

War hurts more.

I never said it was right but it happens,

You excused it because "it happens".

Shame on the war pigs.

War is a continuation of politics by other means. When both sides don't want to agree on something peacefully and one side continues to threaten the other, that is what "happens".

Diplomacy 101.

edit on 14-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
guard the galaxy from what? his twitter posts?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Fair enough on the nuke point.. I thought it was all weapons, and I’m quite sure we have secret ones up there already, but I still think if Public other countries consider it an act of war..

At best it will start an arms race and we will start shooting other people’s satillites down, which will lead to war.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh, dear...

Trump was, as I understood him, proposing a more efficient and effective means of doing two things: protecting our infrastructure (satellites) and promoting space travel. I consider that a good idea.

At present, we have, as was previously mentioned, the Air Force Space Command, which is a division of the Air Force, and NASA, which is in charge of interplanetary/space travel and exploration. What we need is a single authority that handles security outside the atmosphere... a Space Force.

There are marked and quite substantial differences between aeronautics and astrophysics. A jet fighter is not concerned with the pilot existing for extended periods in zero gravity. Space missions are not overly concerned with aeronautic maneuverability. Yet, we have one agency handling both when it would be more effective to dedicate an entire branch of the military to space, just like we dedicate oceanic expeditions to the Navy or aerial expeditions to the Air Force. These two branches specialize in their respective arenas of combat, so why would it not make sense to have a Space Command separate from the Air Force specialize in space?

We are vulnerable in space. Our satellites are vital information links for more than just cable TV and Internet surfing. They are also used for military and intelligence information transfer, aerial photography to detect enemy movements, etc. Yet, our satellites are rather poorly maintained due to the difficulty and cost of getting to them. It is much cheaper to just launch a new satellite than it is to make minor repairs to an existing satellite. That's because the cost of launching it is many times the cost of the actual satellite. The result is this aura of garbage now circling our planet.

In other words, we're not really talking about weapons systems in the usual sense. At most, we're talking about defensive missile defense systems. The biggest thing, though, is maintenance and regulation of satellite launches, a job presently handled by a non-military agency: NASA. NASA is composed of scientists and engineers who are always up for a new experiment or project, with less-than-desirable regard for how much junk is already in orbit.

By turning NASA's job over to a military branch, we increase security, efficiency, and effectiveness of any programs. We can clean up orbiting salvage yards. We can establish and maintain a more consistent satellite network using less satellites, we can improve the ability of scientists to get their experiments into orbit, and we can better defend ourselves against incoming missiles. I can't for the life of me see a downside to this.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

My new national strategy for space recognizes that space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land air and sea. We may even have a Space Force,” Trump said. “We’re doing a tremendous amount of work in space, and I said, maybe we need a new force. We’ll call it the Space Force.”

True Guardians of the Galaxy need to be made up of various countries....and planets...

He doesn't sound like that's his idea 🙄
edit on 14-3-2018 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

By turning NASA's job over to a military branch, we increase security, efficiency, and effectiveness of any programs. We can clean up orbiting salvage yards. We can establish and maintain a more consistent satellite network using less satellites, we can improve the ability of scientists to get their experiments into orbit, and we can better defend ourselves against incoming missiles. I can't for the life of me see a downside to this.

Not the military...Give the contracts to private enterprise, much more efficient and effective. Also able to keep track of corruption and waste. Capitalism will MAGA...not the feds.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You are probably right about the arms race, or at least a more public arms race. I think the arms race has been going on in secret for years, to be honest.

We should really get some sort of treaty to keep the militarization of space in check.

I admit I too thought the treaty was more extensive in scope until I looked into it. It's pretty weak.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Not a new idea, though I would not be surprised if we already had something in place that is kept under wraps.

Kinda funny seeing the never trumpers running around like this is a wild eyed crazy idea that nobody else would ever consider.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Private enterprise is indeed more efficient... but only where a profit is involved. True research is rarely very profitable in the short term.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join