It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Legal?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why should someone be forced to host another person's words. They can host their own.
edit on 3/12/2018 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The Constitution has always been a limit on the government and only the government. Do you disagree with this fact?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: purplemer

The Constitution has always been a limit on the government and only the government. Do you disagree with this fact?

Yes i do. Censorship comes from the shadow government.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Fear would be a good reason why there are some things for them not to think about, look at, or even consider.

Look at the politics and what has gone on in the halls of government for years. One side does something, the other side does not like, then the first side loses the majority and are now subject to the very door they opened up. It goes back and forth like that time and time again.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is an op ed piece but gets at what many are discussing here. A lot of the question (and thus. answer) depends on whether Google (and by extension YouTube) is ever considered to have / be a monopoly. If so - if no valid alternative with the same reach, level of access, and influence can be established, then it cannot censor based on ideology or content unless it violates their t&c and such rules are applied across the board. That’s one reason why they themselves censor in the dark and claim violation of their t&c to do so.
Article
edit on 13-3-2018 by nicevillegrl because: ETA

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There is a severe and systemic inability to understand how the Constitution functions in the Original Post.

YouTube can play Nazi propaganda videos 24/7 or The Red Army Choir while banning everything else and they wouldn't be violating anything except people's sensibilities.

you never fail to spout decent sounding nonsense and people dig it much.

hello AugustusMasonicus i am reality. It is nice too meet you. You have much too learn.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am still tracking down the special clause that youtube was granted. Back around 2010 there were several cases filed against youtube and the way they dealt with the site was to grant them special status.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
You have much too learn.

Not about the Constitution, which is the topic, as it is fairly easy to comprehend what it was intended to limit and it wasn't the private sector, it was government.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disenchanted1
YOUTUBE can SUCK IT! I was at $80.94 revenue when they stopped revenue sharing for my caliber of a contributor. I need $100 in revenue to get paid though google. And now they are censoring video's en masse. Eff YOUTUBE!

The people need a better alternative to YOUTUBE!

Shut down your adsense account and you'll get paid out.

And I completely agree. I have been demonetised on my own channel for only having 170 subs. Regardless of how many views my videos get.
Indeed the time is ripe for an alternative. As long as we use that which we hate, nothing will change.

Would love to take a crack at it myself as making a video site like youtube is easy as heck for me. Could have it up in 5 minutes. But oh man, the infrastructure needed behind it aint cheap. e.g server storage space.

But yeah, I'm tired of youtube and similars BS and hypocrisy. But if nothing changes, then nothing changes.
Then again, maybe we can all just sit here and complain.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

ok How does youtube not get charged with copyright infringment and such yet it's users can and do.

I have heard the laws laid out and the special clause explained before but can not find any trace of such.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Why would YouTube get charged with a copyright violation?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It is up to a person to complain and ask to have it removed. How can tube know owners of every item posted there.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
fox

here have some diamond and silk
edit on 13-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Like I keep saying we need an internet Bill of Rights for the U.S.A. specifically. Freedom of speech should be guaranteed online on any platform if you are a US American citizen or a verified IP address within the U.S.A. This would also include private social media platforms. Just my two cents.

what the hell?.....look at the thousands of right-wing websites, don't those nutjobs have enough of them?....now that youtube wants to control content on their own website, you think that is your lack of freedom???......a court would laugh you out of the room.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Then there is the material someone creates and ask other to "share", giving the right to distribute.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
conservatives can be censored because google the company wants to promote the liberal viewpoint and they can discriminate against conservatives if they want because they arent a protected class like homosexuals.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Why would YouTube get charged with a copyright violation?

excellent question and extremely easy answer.

it is against the law

facilitating in the commission of a crime

if you today open your own sharing site and copyright infringments are made then you as the owner have committed a crime unless you have special status.

this will soon come front and center in the msm because by banning certain view points they broke with the special deal they had with the government.

where in the world have you people been this has been in the works for yrs and yrs

while i am no lawyer i do follow stuff a bit ask yourself why would youtube suddenly backtrack on their bans when the public took notice???

it is because they are breaking the law

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Please quote where in the DMCA it states YouTube would be held liable if their users post copyrighted material.

And like I said above. Far more gaming channels have been banned from YouTube than channels with any kind of political message. You don't see them crying about being persecuted.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

wtf

it is not hard to understand and you seek ignorance

helping in a crime is against the law no matter how many internal rules you try to apply

if you have a video copyrighted and i have a site where i publish it without your permission then you can seek damages for the crime i committed against you.

years ago this was in court much and the usa gov. gave youtube a special designation or something for them to be beyond the law in these situations.

do you not remember when youtube was young and this was an issue for yrs?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
surely some remember those p2p sharing programs like bearshare and limewire and such?

remember back in the day they were arresting fools for music on their pc's?????????????????????????????

that did not magically disappear they gave youtube special status and shut down the rest and now they keep info of such hidden much

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join