It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt Coin or Cryptos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, so far, this year, crypto has been a pretty losing investment. However, the hope is that over time, your friend's predictions will come true (to the OP). But, there are a LOT of growing pains still to go.

A lot of us are betting that crypto still has a golden age to come. Of course, which coins will survive to enjoy it, are anyone's guess. Right now, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin are some of the most popular, but there are many others out there, and some that could just explode in a good way, for all we know.

Or, we could lose it all.

So, my advice is that if you get into it, start small (and diversify with the main coins, and a few alt coins that are cheap), and only with what you can afford to lose. (and though you'll be tempted to check....ignore the daily ups and downs. Hold on to it, for that hopeful time when it skyrockets in value, then sell....SOME of it...).
You'll see a lot of weird terms too...

HODL - (Hold, or Hold on for dear life) - means to just sit and hold on to your current investment.
FOMO - Fear of Missing Out, when you buy in because you feel if you don't, you'll miss the opportunity.
FUD - Fear, uncertainty, doubt. Or, the daily condition of crypto.

etc. etc.

edit on 26-3-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

How about the chart surfing strategy, where the number of coins owned is the strategy of growth... ignoring the common terms that point 'A' to point 'B' investors use?

I make my own set of investing strategies, and pattern trading has yielded the best strategy so far.

Take XVG for instance. It had a 46% spike up, so I watched for the 24 hour % to start turning down... selling the puny 318 coins I owned in exchange for ETH. I will likely get back in here by nights end because I expect big XVG moves through 4-31, but HODL'ing or FUD logics are ignored. Instead, when the impulse charts consolidate I will buy back in on the full ETH purchase price. If I were to exchange that ETH back into XVG right now, it would yield 359 coins.

So, while most people are concerned with where the charts will be in 6 months, I only care to increase my coin count. What's the point of worrying about how much a coins worth as a guess when I know I can definitely increase my coin investment by 13% in 24 hours if I desire.

Do this on binance, using the trailing stop loss technique and phone tapping can make you rich. With the same initial investment spread out among my favorite coins/tokens, I have increased my coin count to over 500k coins.

For tax purposes, I only use this strategy when spikes of 33% or more are achieved...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

It's still all speculation. I do get your strategy, but that also involves a lot of time.

And, since the bigger market moves tend to happen in the OFF hours of the US, a bit tricky for us to take advantage of.

With enough money to play with though, yeah, you could make a lot of big moves day trading, and converting (though since you lose with each transaction, have to be sure your gain exceeds the trans cost, as well as netting a profit in coins.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
my newest endeavor is to purchase up to 500 Yuan in the China Panda precious metal minted coinage...

I have a keen notion that when the Crypto-Gold backed Yuan is made available that the Crypto Coins will be interchangeable with the precious metals government minted coins of all the BRICS in the Shanghai cooperative...i.e.: China Panda/Russia Ruble/ etc.

next off... I also have a keen notion that the USA Eagles (gold or silver) will carry a stigma that the Assay of 31.1 grams is not standard nor is the purity factor--- hence the global confidence in USA AG/AU coins will be very-very low and the coins will not be 'liquid' to exchange....
Only the Russian/China/India...along with Canadian Mint precious metals minted coins will have Status as being true Troy Standard or Metric Standard....
and as a safety-valve...the Crypto Coins may be converted into physical precious-metal coins at the Spot Price of each on the Shanghai Exchange or else at the soon to operational Crypto Exchange of Chinese crypto-gold backed Yuan...

even here in America the Eastern Monetary offerings will command the best Safety & Security & Liquidity...
the American Eagle will go the way of the Dodo Bird

oops, the ounces/grams words got lost and detached from a sentence somewhere... so never-mind them words or what they meant....

edit on th30152495682228072018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

just to follow up on my assertions in the previous post:

Title: Gold Leaving US Vaults: Signs of Upcoming Currency War and Armed Conflict
By Peter Korzun
Strategic Culture
April 27, 2018

... The gold bars that the US claims to hold are of low purity and do not conform to international industry standards.
Even if the US has the amount of gold it claims to have, most of it would not be acceptable for trading on the international market.
While other countries are pulling their gold out of the FRS banks, Russia and China are boosting their reserves, creating gold-backed currencies for themselves and thus moving the world away from the dominance of the USD....

see: www.lewrockwell.com...

once again... the contemporary news issues an article which confirms my suspicions just hours or days after i make the Post.
gold vaults rife with impure gold bars... possibly even fake bars.... this scheme might even reach the USA Mints of today with false claims of gold purity and content in gold &/or silver ingots/coins/bullion/commeratives/etc.

the USA will have a tarnished reputation regardless of the assumed-to-be-honest Minting of Annual precious metals coins...

thus, the American Eagles should be difficult to trade, exchange so the value and desire to hold or use Eagles will be diminished in the global community as far-as-the-eye-can-see

thats why i opt to hold a small cache of Yuan as my new goal toward financial insurance

edit on th30152500469529242018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Our money hasn't been backed by gold in vaults for some time. Nobody's is. It's all backed by FAITH....the faith that a country's economy will be there tomorrow, and be robust tomorrow. Everything else is all smoke and mirrors. The dollar is worth what it is, because the world's major superpower isn't going anywhere. That is why it is the global reserve currency. (that, and those going off this standard, tend to end up dead a lot)....

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

They only lost of they sold.
Im holding some I lost 80% on and I just bought more because I believe in the project. Over I did well so it didn't even hurt my portfolio but those who buy high and sell low get rekt in any market.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join