It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ameila Earhart bones found in 1940, 99 percent are hers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This story has been going for ages and with copious amounts of theories it seems that the mystery may have been solved?.

It seems that a British expedition to the eastern Pacific island of Nikumaroro found human remains of which consisted of 13 bones. It was speculated at the time that these belonged to a man, however further recent investigation into the Photos taken of said bones using far more modern technology shows they are those of a women.

Data was used to confirm the height of the person and they matched known records of Earhart.

The smoking gun was a Navy tool used by her navigator Fred Noonan was recovered along side a womens shoe and a bottle of herbal liqueur Benedictine that was known to be carried by Earhart.

The Island is located 1,800 miles (2,900km) southwest of Hawaii and was near to where Earhart is thought to have vanished.

Nikumaroro Island

en.wikipedia.org...

Google maps

www.google.co.uk...@-4.6755995,-174.5878817,12z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x706aec9cb3d9ad87:0xb09d9ed73197d6a2!8m2!3d-4.6779 191!4d-174.5195974

"This analysis reveals that Earhart is more similar to the Nikumaroro bones than 99% of individuals in a large reference sample," the report states. The research found the remains belonged to a taller-than-average woman of European descent, as Earhart was. "This strongly supports the conclusion that the Nikumaroro bones belonged to Amelia Earhart." Stated Dr Hoodless

So reading between the lines it is far more likely to be her than not but obviously some will still quite rightly question this new information, sadly the bones that where sent to Fiji in the 40's have since been lost so no further hands on data can be gathered.

So it does throw into question the claims of Japanese imprisonment or UFO abduction etc etc, just a shame she could not make it for those following few years as she would have been found by the British expedition. Obviously no one knows what state she was in after the water landing and it may well be worth a survey of the area around the Island to see if a Plane is there, hopefull this report will spark a new interest and search of the area.

www.bbc.com...

www.irishtimes.com...

RA

edit on 9-3-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I saw this the other day in my news feed...... I had a few issues with it, which you pointed out.

First they "lost" the bones, so they can't be tested by any other methods or parties, making this conclusion very hard to verify...... I also have an issue that according to what I read, all of the "data and analysis" was done...... Basically with a measuring tape.

It would be cool if it was her though.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

lol!
i think she was in an episode of star trek, might have been voyager.
they find her plane in space.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

they found a truck brodcasting an sos, she was in a cryo tube and her and a bunch of others got kidnapped by a evil alien race who then the humans over threw ,she was one of the 37's in he voyager episode

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Was hoping this was finally the evidence if she did perish instead of another situation. The issues with it, so many claims, so many books.

new topics

top topics

join