It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you knew a nuclear missile was inbound to your area, and you had an hour before it hit....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I would use all my willpower to awaken the Super Saiyin within, or Akira, so I could fly up into the sky and stop this catastrophe!
after 10 minutes I would then try to pray
after two minutes I would goto the store, and get some beer and snacks.
I would probably gather my weapons and load/prep them, get a backpack full of my best gear for survival, including my medicinal and edible plants book, my hunting knife, and rifle in the corner.
should I survive, I will be ready.
oh ya, I would give my fiance a valium for the stress.

oh yeah, I would throw away my shaving razor, cause you cant survive a tough world without a vikings beard, just ask chuck norris
edit on 16-7-2018 by AutisticEvo because: humor

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
An hour would be just enough time to get the essentials....Sunglasses, deckchair, and a very chunky gin & tonic

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: timski
An hour would be just enough time to get the essentials....Sunglasses, deckchair, and a very chunky gin & tonic
now thats what im talking about!

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I would probably ride the blast wave out in a culvert or underground drainage tunnels. Worst comes to worst, I'd hope I was outside the thermal effects radius and try to survive the blast pressures as much as possible. Although missiles/flying debris is a huge problem, the human body is capable of withstanding far more PSI than any structure.

A mere 1-5 PSI will level most residential structures, whereas the body can withstand somewhere around ~200 PSI (from what I understand)

After the initial blast was over, there would be time to make it to a safe area and prepare to fend off the mass-refugees (or provide shelter/asylum, assuming you can trust them)
edit on 7/19/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

A 1 hour warning ?
Hump like a rabbit

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I've actually thought about this. It's one of the reasons we moved to the Caribbean: This country is strategically worthless -- nothing to export, not geographically well-situated for a staging area, and if we vanished tomorrow it might not make the evening news.

However, working with your original question, I would zip home, get my Darlin', put the cats in a cage, throw our water, my guitar, our four hard plastic dive boxes of supplies in the cars, and drive to the only high ground with a cave. Then, probably fight for a place inside.

What? You question the cats? Well, you can pretty much figure that roaches and rats will somehow survive the process, and the cats will have even more of a valuable job. Besides, we might need some of those rats for nourishment.

REALITY: A single nuke would make Grand Cayman disappear. We are close to Cuba -- a much more likely target. Prevailing winds generally go NE/ NNE of us.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join