It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you knew a nuclear missile was inbound to your area, and you had an hour before it hit....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

While the idea of MAD pretty much assures us this won't happen....obviously these fears have resurfaced given the tensions between the US and NK, as well as Russia and China.

So, what would you do?

For me, it would depend on where I was. I work about an hour from my house. My house is pretty much out of the radius of any possible nearby targets, but my work is WAY too close to a major AF base, so it's a drastically different situation.

At home, pretty much just stay indoors and hope for the best.

But, at work, it gets more complicated. Forget my building. Too much glass windows. I'm basically hopping in the truck, and driving 10 min to pick up my wife, then we're high-tailing it to the nearby movie theater. Why? Well, they don't have windows, have thick walls, are designed as room within a room, and put as much material between us and any fallout, as we can hope for. (no basements in FL). The exit door is generally metal, which is good, and the whole place is sealed for light, so better sealed for particles as well.

Also, generally has a good stock of sealed food and water. I'd have my get home bag as well, from the truck, so at least I'd be armed, and have some basic survival gear also.

Granted though, this is a tight run in the time alotted. That's my concern. Of course, if it happened on the road, we would be out of the blast, just the fallout worries. I guess then, we could just strip off clothes and leave them outside, run in the theater naked with a gun, get into the bathroom, and wash up (to get the fallout off us). Modesty kind of goes out the window with survival.

Of course, odd as it is, because as a kid of the 80's, this threat was more real, so some of us learned this stuff....today's generations just have ZERO idea about the reality of nuclear war. For decades, they've been told it's not survivable at all, that it's just game over, when this is a far cry from reality.

So, what would YOU do?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I live close enough to ft hood i can hear their artillery range. Id say drive west as fast as i can to get away from ft hood.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I live close enough to ft hood i can hear their artillery range. Id say drive west as fast as i can to get away from ft hood.

Depends. If I had to gather everyone together from 3 different schools and work, then we'd have no choice but to hunker down in the house and hope for the best. If we were all together then we'd head for the mountains. Should at least be safe from most of the effects with hope of fresh water.

I meant this as a reply to the thread no you in particular. Sorry.
edit on 6-3-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I would get totally hammered with my lady on any pill, drug, cough syrup, tequila, or majic cactus, shroom etc and welcome the great cleansing by dancing in the street. Glad we don't have any kids....it would be emotionally devastating watching their fear.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Stay home and wait for the Internet to go down, at which point I suppose I will, too. I'm pretty much at Ground Zero already. I don't see myself taking any evasive action. I know that may sound like misplaced bravado to some, but the fact is, I don't really care all that much. It would be a bit of a relief, actually.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Gather as many people as possible, dig a hole as big & deep as possible, & build a cover for the hole as quick as possible. Bring tools in the hole to get out too lol

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
get drunk

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have a list of names for this scenario.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I live fairly close to Nellis which also means I live pretty close to wide open mountain ranges. I am a 3 min drive to the 215/515 cross section so I could possibly beat the rush of people leaving town. I have plenty of gear sitting on my work bench all ready to go. I would head south and try really hard to make it over the dam before all hell brakes loose. After I am over the dam I have maps of abandoned railroads that I would travel on further south with. When and if a all clear came I would never step foot in that god awful state again.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm surrounded by 4 military bases and NORAD so I think I'd be toast. However, if given enough advanced warning, I would head as deep into the mountains as possible.

If I managed to get a safe distance away it would be up to God what happens next. I'd hope that I would end up surrounding myself with the right people.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I live in the heart of seattle, traffic is impossible to leave... so knowing all of that, I'd grab my large bong, head up to my rooftop, rip it and watch the space needle and city go as I'd follow.. No reason to stress over a situation you can't get away from.. Embrace it, and enjoy your last few moments on this Earth..

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Make Peace with God...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Live very close to the Gulf so already have friends to take off to South America by boat.

But, if that fails, lock up and close up my house-all windows, doors, etc and wait as long as I could before exiting-and cry-alot. I always keep alot of xanax around so that should help.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

A 1 hour warning ?
Hump like a rabbit

edit on 6-3-2018 by Cassi3l because: I'd feed the cat first though ...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

My son works with me. My wife and mom are usually in the same general area. We have a truck with each duo.

We could meet in Robert Lee.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think most would be surprised though. The nukes today are a far cry from what we had active during the Cold War. Plus, they are mostly designed for airburst, and more destruction of the target than fallout, etc.

A lot of you that THINK you would be toast, are probably mistaken. Go to nukemap.com, and use some of the most common nukes from Russia and China (not the Cold War relic ones)....and put your nearest likely target in. Then, hit detonate, and see the result. I think you'll likely be surprised.

Note, there are filters for other factors too, so these can be used to get an idea.The only real wildcard is multiple impacts, which are impossible to simulate, for the most part, at this time.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Whiskey. Cigarettes. Sex.

Repeat until death.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would keep on doing things the way I always have, and wait patiently for the Lord my God, should it be my last hour. If I were to survive the blast I would make sure to thank the Lord for sparing my life,otherwise I go to the place my heavenly father has lovingly provided for me.

Either way I will do his will and abide by his statutes.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

...........hope for the best.

Naw,
Have a nice drink for 59minutes, then put your head between your legs and kiss yor ass goodbye!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Embrace the madness with my loved ones.

Someone very dear and close to me is on meds that probably won't be available after a nuke.

So I'd sign off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join