It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LO coatings responsible for half of F-35 defects

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

A couple more.

DAS is a Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS). A number of aircraft have these systems including the F-22 and Rafale. The acquity in the DAS is better though.

Future growth mode:

According to this pilot however, he doesn't typically use DAS and would rather look out his own eyes. The helmet has integrated night vision which is also typically used for DAS for that purpose.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
SU-57 ... that's some serious plane.
Operational in a short time as 5th gen. fighter jet, as an intermediate stopgap for 6th gen. remote piloted Air superiority UAV.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Israel keeps quiet over F-35I's combat debut

Israel’s Lockheed Martin F-35I "Adir" is reported to have made its combat debut during strikes conducted against Syrian air defence systems last month. The action was mounted following a border clash that culminated in an Israeli air force Lockheed F-16 being shot down by a surface-to-air missile.

www.flightglobal.com...

a reply to: Flanker86

It first flew in 2010 and has only entered in limited service with two aircraft. This is almost as slow as the F-35 (2006 first flight and 2015 IOC), but the F-35 reached IOC when the Marines had 10 operational aircraft, plus training aircraft, not 2 total.

I am concerned that I won't live long enough to see the Russian 6th generation aircraft and given the way I take care of myself and the way living standards in the west are going, living to 2100 is my plan.
edit on 17/3/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
F-35s are completely compromised due to the plane being shared with the EU. The EU in fact has acquired a certain level of advanced knowledge about the F-35s and is able to trigger accidents in each and everyone of the planes in the EU or in the US. There are specific software faults and back doors in the EU-designed electronics, and EU written software.

If crashes with F-35s happen, the first to blame should be EU governments, especially if the crashing plane is piloted by American officers.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Seriously, do you make this # up on the fly, or do you flesh it out first?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

why would a US pilot be flying an EU's member's jet? that makes no sense.

also why would the EU crash one at the cost of a few 100MILLION dollars? to what end? spend all their money on F35's to crash them and be left defenseless and more importantly moneyless?

i like the idea of compromised chips or other doors into a system but the F35 is a different bread when it comes to cyber stuff

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

The EU and the United States are not potential enemies. In fact, much of the EU is actually part of a military pact with the United States called NATO. The only time the key part of NATO has been invoked - article 5 - was after 9/11, when NATO (including many EU nations including the Netherlands) stood with the United States against terrorism.

EU nations have actually contributed to the F-35, in particular the Netherlands who are using their own jets as part of the entire programs Operational Test & Evaluation (OT&E). The most used chase plane during flight test is from the Netherlands. And, most of the coolest F-35 pictures were also taken of Netherlands jets. The Netherlands have certainly contributed a lot to the jet, and there hasn't been many issues with industry from the Netherlands who have been producing parts for the F-16 for decades.

Unlike you, as a citizen from a country who is actually buying the F-35 (as opposed to a citizen of a country failing at stopping the F-35 (you)), I support EU parts on my jets.

If crashes with F-35s happen, the first to blame should be EU governments, especially if the crashing plane is piloted by American officers.

On a more serious note, most of the external attacks on the F-35 program (rather than public criticism) have been from nation states such as Russia and China who have stolen documents about the jet.

Every time a document from the west is stolen, then the retaliation should be asymmetric and disproportionate. Stealing their documents may not be sufficient, hence I propose utilizing cyber capabilities to directly disrupt and/or destroy the "capabilities" of their "industry".

And no doubt that considering how widespread the F-35 is turning out and how much more successful it is than their own 5th generation fighters, Russia and China will attempt to influence the global supply. If crashes with F-35s happen, espionage should be considered, aimed at finding out of Russia is yet again responsible meddling in the affairs of other nations and yet again blaming other nations for its crimes.
edit on 12/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join