It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me but with the significant rise in school related shootings, I'm thinking there should be s specfic forum for it.

That's all. Just a random thought that crossed my mind.

Happy Friday, y'all!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If that's necessary, it's a sad time to be alive.

Hrmm.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Agreed, but with all this BS that's gone on lately, it seems like we're already there.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Great idea if it would also support all the good guy fights back and kills a thug articles also. You find much more of those, so yeah I’m in!!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I came to post the same thing but you beat me too it.
Sign of the times I suppose.

a reply to: Jefferton

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Great idea if it would also support all the good guy fights back and kills a thug articles also. You find much more of those, so yeah I’m in!!

Better for you than Playboy, right?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks
I am all for it but only if we agree to dismantle it when it looses it relevance..

I mean...2012 forum, deep water forum, japan forum...does anybody ever post in these anymore?

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Bout time for some Spring cleaning!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If people are going to continue to post every last incident they can find that involves a gun being used then yea, we probably need a dedicated forum to it.

Unfortunately the rush to be first to post a "breaking" incident causes people to post stories that are domestic incidents involving one or two people in the hopes that maybe it'll turn out to be something bigger and the OP will net them a bunch of stars and flags.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
If people are going to continue to post every last incident they can find that involves a gun being used then yea, we probably need a dedicated forum to it.

Unfortunately the rush to be first to post a "breaking" incident causes people to post stories that are domestic incidents involving one or two people in the hopes that maybe it'll turn out to be something bigger and the OP will net them a bunch of stars and flags.

So you would rather take the *head buried in the sand* approach to life?

Sounds comfy, but not realistic.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Yea, what with my career and all, that's me. Totally unaware of violent crime.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So how is pretending it isn't happening, any solution?
edit on 2-3-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Calling it 'shooting forum' is poor choice. Its more about murder than guns, sillies.

Bu I get the whole main stream mind meld:

gun crime, gun violence, gun deaths, gun men.

How about another forum, call it unjust wars?

Lots of murder by 'guns' going on there...

these 'shootings' at home pale by comparison.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Do we really need a forum for what I'm sure would be less than a dozen threads per year?

I mean, I'd assume only real mass school shootings would be reported in it. Under that criteria it would have like 2 threads this year.

Sounds like it's not really a topic that requires such a segmented amount of space.

ETA: I guess it actually could be an ok idea, if everyday a dozen or so new posts are made due to the excessive media coverage of one incident. I can see 1 shooting generating possibly 80 to 100 threads.
edit on 2-3-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

So how is pretending it isn't happening, any solution?

The only person talking about pretending it isn't happening here is you. Talking about people's motivations to be the first to post something to the board isn't espousing the notion we pretend something isn't happening.

If you'd like to engage me in a dialog, kindly stick to things I actually say rather than making things up and expecting me to defend them.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

There isn't a significant rise in anything except reporting on it and focus. There were more school shootings pre mid nineties.they peaked around 92 93.

Jaden
edit on 2-3-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

top topics

join