It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks Were Enslaved Well into the 1960s

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

More than 100 years after the Emancipation Proclamation, there were black people in the Deep South who had no idea they were free. These people were forced to work, violently tortured, and raped.

Historian and genealogist Antoinette Harrell has uncovered cases of African Americans still living as slaves 100 years after the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation. The 57-year-old Louisiana native has dedicated more than 20 years to peonage research. Through her work, she's unearthed painful stories in Southern states like Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Florida. Over a series of interviews, she toldJustin Fornal about how she became an expert of modern slavery in the United States.

www.vice.com...

OK very disquieting issue to say the least, and no this is not about so called evil white ppl, as immigrant White ppl were also held in the same bondage.

These stories are more common than you think. There were also Polish, Hungarian, and Italian immigrants, as well other nationalities, who got caught up in these situations in the American South. But the vast majority of 20th-century slaves were of African descent.

but an institution that simply went underground in it's rawest form in pockets in the south, many a times I had mentioned there are folks living, who met slaves, well as it turned out within the confines of the United States one can actually talk to a former slave.
In this case reparations need to be took and perhaps ppl go to prison.

edit on 1-3-2018 by Spider879 because: Cleanup

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Im gonna need a lot more time (and antacid) to study this.

But damn.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Im gonna need a lot more time (and antacid) to study this.

But damn.

Take your time brother take your time.
edit on 1-3-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
And there a many of all races still enslaved in the USA today, slavery has never ended in the west, it just went underground.
edit on 1-3-2018 by Reydelsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Reydelsol

Slavery is still prevalent all over the globe, Human trafficking is just a new name for an old problem.

We shouldn't be surprised by this when people are still being kidnapped and sold into a variety of types of slavery.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Slavery is still prevalent all over the globe, Human trafficking is just a new name for an old problem.

We shouldn't be surprised by this when people are still being kidnapped and sold into a variety of types of slavery.

Exactly.

This isn't really a race issue but a global issue. Fact is there are still people that will enslave others and they are not just in 3rd wold country's but in our own western nations.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
In reality, we are all slaves....just with more freedoms.

"They" figured out it was easier to make us think we are free while using our mind and labor to their ends, than to forceably hold. People are complacent now a days, give them a new gadget, and they will work their a s off to get it. Meanwhile, "they" are reaping the profits of our labor. To top it off, we pay for this privledge with taxes, blood, sweat and tears.

edit on 1-3-2018 by theatreboy because: I can not spell

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I grew up in the 60's their was racism in the south,civil rights were abused,but as far as slavery,it's no more then it is now,any race,easy to try and focus on one item,thats what liberal's are known for,so what if it's a lie,sounds good at the moment,blacks have more rights then any other race,that in fact is predudice

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Agreed, however, most of these families were simply never freed, and whose, condition of slavery fell through the cracks.
But for me laws were clear laws were broken, lost wages demand attention at least against such estates.
edit on 1-3-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Not even addressing the thread, I'm not talking about racism at this point, and more rights for blacks?? In another thread maybe you could expand on that.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

dont encourage him...

but that's an interesting read.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Leave it to Vice to make this a racial issue.
If anything burns first I hope it's their office for stirring the pot.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Leave it to Vice to make this a racial issue.
If anything burns first I hope it's their office for stirring the pot.

Ferchrosakes you too??

These stories are more common than you think. There were also Polish, Hungarian, and Italian immigrants, as well other nationalities, who got caught up in these situations in the American South. But the vast majority of 20th-century slaves were of African descent

The fact that AAs were the majority caught up in the system make the article racist??

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Agreed, however, most of these families were simply never freed, and whose, condition of slavery fell through the cracks.
But for me laws were clear laws were broken, lost wages demand attention at least against such estates.

Agreed. Laws were broken. Remuneration is in order.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If one lives in government housing. Gets their food through the government. Gets their health care through the government. Then that person is a slave. Instead of working long hours to keep their masters in power, they just have to work one day(maybe)!- year, and vote to keep their masters in power.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

It's the way Vice always presents stories, especially their videos.
I didn't see any Eastern Europeans in the video.
There's also the White guy talking about a book saying the Confederacy was right.
Even though his family had nothing to do with the Confederacy.
Vice got started pushing fake Syrian videos trying to demonize Assad.
They have an agenda.
edit on 1-3-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
still are to this day its called lack of job opportunity and jail terms

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Vice.com & Vice channel are liberal shat pots. They stir the shat pot when it already stinks....need ratings much. I've tried to watch their channel, but my T.V. keeps sliding off the table as it leans so damn far to the left. I can only imagine the website is the same.......Shat pot stirrers of the tenth degree. Oh, I called their number and left a message....guarantee what I said want be aired by the liberal shat pot of a tv channel.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Too bloody right mate. The US and Australian governments trade of illegal immigrants, is a form of human trafficking. This crap boils my blood!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Yeah.

I'm not buying it.

Follow the money, and the sexual harassment.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join