It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1776 Ingrained In American Culture, Today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yes it is true.

The fear of being over taken by an overpowering force, whether by correlation or causation of previous/current events, remains ready at a moments notice, to make war against an oppressing force. Your own Gov or otherwise...

This is the true cause for gun control not being able to be enacted in any sort of logical way. My opinion on the matter, is inconsequential to the fact that this is what keeps people close to their firearms (the responsible people, that is). Sure, hunting, sport, etc. Those are reasons too..but for any American reading this, let's not kid ourselves too much

Why is this phenomenon unique to America? Well.. Much like Slavery and Oppression gives some culture sects a unifying cause to feel close with, the American Revolution, and subsequently, the war of 1812 is the unifying cause for most to rally around. For our name was founded in Revolution, To speak of it was treason, to spread its name, was sedition, to fight for it, meant certain death.

That my friends..is why America..could not be stopped. The firearm..represents a chance..a chance to fight, and a chance for freedom, in case you are in trouble. It cannot be separated. For America would not even exist, without the Gun.

it is beautifully tragic. For internally, we as Americans know we don't want school shootings, nut cases with guns, that sort of thing. Yet we cannot come to terms with our own internal fear that one day...uncle Sam or someone, may just flip out on us. Or some other country, etc.

This my friends, will always be, the 800 pound gorilla in the room. RIP Harambe.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Americans started a revolution over tea taxes.
And then right after the revolution almost started a second revolution against the government over whiskey taxes. A crazy overtaxed mob with guns is a very good check to government abuse

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Harambe bless you.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

S & F... Great write up, from one patriot to another. There's a reason we were called Patriots in the American Revolution and not just Americans.

As a group, Patriots represented a wide array of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds. They included lawyers like John Adams and Alexander Hamilton; planters like Thomas Jefferson and George Mason; merchants like Alexander McDougall and John Hancock; and ordinary farmers like Daniel Shays and Joseph Plumb Martin. Patriots also included slaves and freemen such as Crispus Attucks, a free man and the first martyr of the American Revolution; James Armistead Lafayette, who served as a double agent for the Continental Army; and Jack Sisson, who, under the command of Colonel William Barton, was leader of the first successful black operation mission in American history, resulting in the capture of British General Richard Prescott.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

For America would not even exist, without the Gun.

More like without The French and others who helped.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

In North Korea, part of the reason why the people didn't rebel against the government is because guns are illegal to own. Only the military and security forces can own firearms.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

S & F... Great write up, from one patriot to another. There's a reason we were called Patriots in the American Revolution and not just Americans.

As a group, Patriots represented a wide array of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds. They included lawyers like John Adams and Alexander Hamilton; planters like Thomas Jefferson and George Mason; merchants like Alexander McDougall and John Hancock; and ordinary farmers like Daniel Shays and Joseph Plumb Martin. Patriots also included slaves and freemen such as Crispus Attucks, a free man and the first martyr of the American Revolution; James Armistead Lafayette, who served as a double agent for the Continental Army; and Jack Sisson, who, under the command of Colonel William Barton, was leader of the first successful black operation mission in American history, resulting in the capture of British General Richard Prescott.

unfortunately being a patriot this day and age is right up there for the government with being affiliated with ISIS. Uncle Sam doesn't like the "P" word being passed around too much these days, but how soon they forget how this country was formed....

star and flag to you sir, btw...
edit on 20/2/18 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

For America would not even exist, without the Gun.

More like without The French and others who helped.

Let's be honest, if we really wanted to hang on to the American colonies we could have done. We just realised could get better Tea from India.
edit on 20-2-2018 by ScepticScot because: Bloody spell check

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Y’all thought the same crap in 1812 if memory serves...

And we again taught you a lesson in humility...

Were you not our former imperial masters I reckon y’all would be a German outpost...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Y’all thought the same crap in 1812 if memory serves..

Who won that one then ?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Were you not our former imperial masters I reckon y’all would be a German outpost...

-Chris

1812. When you sneak attacked Canada and we had to kick your arse all the way back Washington. ( While actually fighting a proper war against France at the same time).

That 1812?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

-Chris

1812. When you sneak attacked Canada and we had to kick your arse all the way back Washington. ( While actually fighting a proper war against France at the same time).

That 1812?

I am disgusted with you.

You missed out The White House being turned into a large BBQ.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: ScepticScot

-Chris

That 1812?

I am disgusted with you.

You missed out The White House being turned into a large BBQ.

Everyone knows you lose your capital, you lose the game.

You would think Madison never even played Command & Conquer.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
#Redcoatlivesmatter

Colonists! Bah!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I keep my gun under control every second ...it gets easier with age , if you know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Let's be honest, if we really wanted to hang on to the American colonies we could have done.

You funny fella.
Like then, give it a go now. Our Boy Scouts would overrun you in a day.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Not all things lost can be regained with the use of fire arms

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

True. But most can be fought against losing in the first place with a gun.

new topics

top topics

join