It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is the NRA a powerful-evil lobbying group

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You keep hearing, reading about how the NRA is such a powerful group.

Did you ever look at how much the really spend?

If the NRA is evil and have so much power because of the money they spend, what does that make every group above them

Play around on open secrets (it shows different lobby groups and how much the spend). After that, you will laugh at people who suggest that the NRA is an all powerful lobby

www.opensecrets.org...
edit on 20-2-2018 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Without the NRA I would have no guns. I'm a proud lifetime member.

The NRA is made out to be evil cause they fight the gun grabbers.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Blaming the nra for gun problems is like blaming the liquor store for drinking problems.

And for the power of a lobby group,
Isn't the real problem the politicians that are basicly accepting bribes to sway favor?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Just think of how powerful the NRA, or any other group, would be if they didn't have politicians to accept their brib......err, ummm donations.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Incorrect. Without the constitutional 2nd amendment, you would have no guns.

The NRA is a political/lobby organization that uses that right as a good platform to make money from boobs that are dumb enough to buy a membership.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Say the title out loud to yourself 3 times.

is NRA is?

Thats all I got.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The nRA is just another gun club. The mass mind meld media dangles them as the opposition, the way they play all 'sides' against each other.

The real opposition is the uS gubment, blaming inanimate objects for what people do to people is distraction. If they are 'antigun' and all, they should clean up their own act, first. US arms manufacturers produce the most arms, shipping them around the world to wage aggressive war.
edit on 20-2-2018 by intrptr because: clarity

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

US arms manufacturers produce the most arms, shipping them around the world to wage aggressive war.

And who is one of the biggest protectors and defenders of the gun manufacturers?

The NRA.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Money talks. No money, no representation!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So the NRA are the good lobbiests and big pharma, big oil and the likes are the bad ones?

If you want to drain the swamp you have to stop these lobbies having political power regardless of their agenda.

Also their power comes not just in what they spend but how they can influence votes.
edit on 20-2-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Blaming the nra for gun problems is like blaming the liquor store for drinking problems.

This is like saying selling alcohol to minors is okay.

Regulations exist for a reason. No one wan'ts to ban or outlaw guns. But why are stinger missiles illegal? Don't you think banning guns capable of shooting 45 rounds per minute might be a good idea. Is it necessary to turn a deer into hamburger while hunting? How many shots in the clip is necessary for personal projection?

Maybe you think stinger missiles should be legal. Regulations exist for a reason. These numbers are sickening:

www.massshootingtracker.org...

Maybe it's time for some public policy changes to try to address this issue.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

More like "blaming the tabacco industry for lung cancer".

This is like shooting fish in a barrel, so to say..

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Or drug dealers for drug problems.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

www.massshootingtracker.org...

Fuuuuuuuu.... That is horrific.
Waht? A 12 year old girl was a shooter?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

45 rounds a minute by what standards?

A person that practices can put a lot more down range than someone just picking a gun up, think the world record for a revolver is 12 rounds in 3 seconds.

That is why if congress wants to pass a law it needs to be specific and targeted, which they will never do which leads to gun rights people opposing so much.

If they go Ar-15, and list out the reasons why and then list what they are going to do I bet the majority of people would go along.

Instead they use vague terms, that could be applied to a multitude of weapons most of which have either rarely been used in a crime or never used in a crime, and thats what gets gun rights people fired up.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If you look at the stats you linked to, banning a 30 shot magazine or an AR type rifle would only affect a couple of those shootings.

Most were likely handguns.

You will not be banning those any time soon.

And I bought my stinger on clearance so back off.
A deal is a deal.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The NRA.

One of the biggest manufactured boogieman there is.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I think the 'Evil' moniker is primarily derived from their lobbying to limit/restrict scientific research on gun violence.

I can't think of an altruistic reason why one would want to limit understanding of how guns affect violent crime (other than in a morally ambiguous sense to secure an environment that allows for maximum gun sales).

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Martin75

Incorrect. Without the constitutional 2nd amendment, you would have no guns.

The NRA is a political/lobby organization that uses that right as a good platform to make money from boobs that are dumb enough to buy a membership.

Or those of us who believe in the NRAs mission statements, the educational programs they support throughout the country, the gun safety standards they emphasis, AND those of us that thoroughly enjoy reading the four monthly journals they publish. Money well spent, just in the subscriptions alone. Of course you’d know this if you ever actually looked into becoming a member...

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So the NRA are the good lobbiests and big pharma, big oil and the likes are the bad ones?

If you want to drain the swamp you have to stop these lobbies having political power regardless of their agenda.

Also their power comes not just in what they spend but how they can influence votes.

I'm quoting this because rarely do we agree on a topic, but I completely agree with you on this one!!

Just make sure we include the biggest lobby group of them all...the AFL-CIO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join