It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group With Ties to Obama, Clinton Calls To Restrict Overseas U.S. Military Voting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The Center For American Progress founded by former Obama and Clitnon
advisor John Podesta has issued a new report calling for restrictions on
U.S. military voting. The Left Wing group wants to end electronic and
by fax voting for military personnel.

After years of accusing states of voter suppression, the Center for American Progress, citing election security, wants to make voting tougher for Americans serving overseas in the military.

Thats right, now that Hillary lost and the Democrat Party is in disarray
they think people should swim ashore to hand in a paper ballet or
be sent by snail mail.

“Regardless of the state’s secure ballot return system for electronically voted ballots, we recommend that all voted ballots be returned by mail or delivered in person,” said the 245-page report.

So why all of the sudden would CAP want to suppress voter rights?
It couldn't be the fact that military by and large tends to lean right
not left, or could it?

J. Christian Adams, head of the conservative Public Interest Legal Foundation, said the latest recommendation “shouldn’t be a surprise,” given that members of the military tend to lean right. “CAP would oppose that because they don’t like that the military votes against their interests nearly all of the time,” Mr. Adams said in an email.

“But there are very few votes that come in that way, so it’s not a really big issue. CAP wants to make it easier for felons and criminals to vote, but wants to make it harder for fighting men and women overseas.”

Group with ties to Obama, Clinton calls to restrict overseas U.S. military voting

And of course, CAP wants the left to "demand" they get their way!

This report should spur demand across the country for urgent steps needed to defend America’s election security against another attempt by a foreign nation to disrupt our elections,” said Danielle Root, lead author of the report.

Warning Left Wing Nut Site Ahead
CAP Press Release

This might explain why the liberal media
contines to lie and broadcast fake news
that "the election was hacked" even though the DHS has
issued a stern rebuttal to their fake news that no votes were hacked!

Don't look now, but Podesta is out there right now
crying about his emails again, and how they swayed the election.

He is still blaming the "hacking", because we all know It
couldn't have been the actual content of the emails!

Just thought some would want to share this around and
fight the far lefts efforts at voter suppression aimed at the military!

edit on 18-2-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As a vet, I will say I never had an issue mailing in my ballot. I don't think this would really impact servicemembers being able to vote. Units all have voting assistance officers so everyone knows how and when to vote.

That being said, it's rather ironic that now they care about election security. When it comes to securing the vote in other ways, like making sure only legal US citizens vote, it's "voter suppression".

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

HMMM well reading the actual DHS report posted on the 12th really seems like a partisan hit piece. I don’t pay my taxes to read about how a government body is butt hurt and feels the need to respond to false media reports. Regardless if it was false or true that is not their job. Their job is to fix the vulnerabilities that did get exploited by suspected Russian hackers. NOT backlash at the MSM.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
As a vet, I will say I never had an issue mailing in my ballot. I don't think this would really impact servicemembers being able to vote. Units all have voting assistance officers so everyone knows how and when to vote.

Which fits with the comments from the Sec of State in Colorado
who commented in the article, they do not seem to get a lot
of electronic votes.

That being said, it's rather ironic that now they care about election security. When it comes to securing the vote in other ways, like making sure only legal US citizens vote, it's "voter suppression".

It is hypocritical, yes... hundreds of thousands of illegal
votes are cast every election...for Democrats.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

On the other hand, it would be nice if they could figure out a secure way for us to vote from abroad closer to the election. You have to mail in ballots pretty early. Sometimes information comes out very close to the election that might change your mind, which is why I generally don't like early voting in any form unless it's absolutely necessary. Remember when that GOP candidate assaulted the reporter last year? Surely that would've changed some votes for people that had already cast their early ballots, but once you cast it you can't change it.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I don’t pay my taxes to read about how a government body is butt hurt and feels the need to respond to false media reports.

So you think DHS should allow the media to lie and spread disinformation
unchecked? Even if it undermines the electorate?

Regardless if it was false or true that is not their job. Their job is to fix the vulnerabilities that did get exploited by suspected Russian hackers. NOT backlash at the MSM.

And just what vulnerabilities are that? Since no votes were hacked?

edit on 18-2-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

On the other hand, it would be nice if they could figure out a secure way for us to vote from abroad closer to the election. You have to mail in ballots pretty early. Sometimes information comes out very close to the election that might change your mind, which is why I generally don't like early voting in any form unless it's absolutely necessary.

Good points, especially in an election year where we could
expect one or two October surprises.

Generally speaking, it seems the electronic voting has been
secure so far, hopefully they continue updates to security
to keep it that way.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well you could go to the DHS government website and read it yourself.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

On the other hand, it would be nice if they could figure out a secure way for us to vote from abroad closer to the election. You have to mail in ballots pretty early. Sometimes information comes out very close to the election that might change your mind, which is why I generally don't like early voting in any form unless it's absolutely necessary.

Good points, especially in an election year where we could
expect one or two October surprises.

Generally speaking, it seems the electronic voting has been
secure so far, hopefully they continue updates to security
to keep it that way.

I don't like electronic voting at all. It's only secure until it's not, when someone figures out a way around the security. Then it's unsecured until it's discovered that someone has found that vulnerability and you figure out how to fix that vulnerability. It's a never-ending back and forth.

Simple tends to be more secure. I'd go with having hard-copy polling stations on base on election day so the majority of servicemembers could just vote on election day like normal. Then you have officials tally up the votes and report them back via secure phone line. Sure, in theory, someone might be able to wiretap that line, but that's not gonna enable them to change any votes, they're just going to hear the numbers being reported back to the state. Guys that are deployed to locations where that's not practical of course would still have to vote absentee, probably by mail. But you'd cut down on the number of those by quite a bit.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

ALSO I just noticed that your WATs score is 666 lol that’s kinda funny and awesome

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

People climbed on the wrong ship. It is sinking and Democrats are beyond desperate.

Next they will be calling for the ability of illegals to vote with their smartphones.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I don’t pay my taxes to read about how a government body is butt hurt and feels the need to respond to false media reports.

Regardless if it was false or true that is not their job. Their job is to fix the vulnerabilities that did get exploited by suspected Russian hackers. NOT backlash at the MSM.

Why not?

Freedom speech is freedom to say what you want without government interference.

Its up to the public to be educated enough to distinguish fact from fiction.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'd bet they were also in support of changing the laws so 17 year olds to be able to vote, too...

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Let me be the first Democrat to tell you what our end goal is. !. we want all your guns 2. We want a camera on every street corner 3. We only want illegals to vote....duh 4. We want/demand that the government be deeply involved in every persons personal life. Besides those little bits everything else is all good

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reydelsol

Why not?

Freedom speech is freedom to say what you want without government interference.

Its up to the public to be educated enough to distinguish fact from fiction.

You realize how lousy that argument is? The agency putting out corrected info in no way stops them from saying what they want. It's not a 1st Amendment issue.

Mandatory civics refresher courses for all American adults at 5 year intervals. Please.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Let me be the first Democrat to tell you what our end goal is. !. we want all your guns 2. We want a camera on every street corner 3. We only want illegals to vote....duh 4. We want/demand that the government be deeply involved in every persons personal life. Besides those little bits everything else is all good

That would be funny if their actions said otherwise.

I guess you missed the video of those lawmakers talking after they thought the camera was off.

They outright talked about it.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I guess I did miss that one. Can you link it please it actually sounds funny in a sad way.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

That would be funny if their actions said otherwise.

I guess you missed the video of those lawmakers talking after they thought the camera was off.

They outright talked about it.

Add it to your post.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

There's a shocker.

Seems the leftists openly hate the military and want to deny them rights.

*yawn*

Yeah, not surprised.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There's a shocker.

Seems the leftists openly hate the military and want to deny them rights.

*yawn*

Yeah, not surprised.

They usually try to hide it but occasionally one of them just can't contain themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join