It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up folks, active measures AKA INFORMATION WARFARE is a real threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The overall idea is to leverage a new type of "warfare" with modern technology. Interestingly, some ATS guests like Aquino have brought this up as well.

Not too many take it particularly seriously. Coupled with its innately subtle nature.. and its a pretty potent camouflage.

Personally, I feel that while it is sold as an alternative to physical conflict and bloodshed, that the repercussions may end up being significantly more serious than expected.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thank you !! you got the nuts and bolts of the other thread I got started on ndaa and propaganda in the media thank you this information should be required reading!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
One of the more difficult aspects of this type of conflict is grooming the "sides" that should be fighting.

In the past, this involved convincing your soldiers that "those other guys" should, indeed, be shot at. In this new landscape, its about crafting roughly the same thing, except internally in the target society. Once that top starts spinning, it just keeps on going if it was spun with the correct parameters.

The idea is to avoid physical conflict and weaken a given society, though I feel it will lead to physical, civil conflict all the same with the added aspect of widespread, heavy manipulation. If you can get the two major groups in a society to absolutely lose any common ground "reality" between them, the disconnect not only precludes any possible reconciliation, but enables confirmation bias on a level never before seen.

The latest move seems to be the mass twitter lock-outs. One side will never view it as anything more than a good thing, a good 'ol fashioned rout of Russian bots. Regardless of what actually happens or happened, this narrative was constructed long before the actual events.

All just the latest movements on the modern field of battle. I'm not sure there is a solution at this point; I believe its simply too late.

Social groups in a society almost have to police themselves out of necessity, but when the narrative of that group becomes insular and predictable (by design), there is no way to introduce new data or facets that can change the spin. Even if members of said group try, they are spun off by trying to go against the momentum.

Its all really interesting, even if its not at all a good thing.

<< 1   >>

join