It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quote. . . I'm going to be a professional school shooter. . . . Unquote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Then I guess the prosecutor has decided that the message was done when he was of sound mind and had given thought to such.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

Then I guess the prosecutor has decided that the message was done when he was of sound mind and had given thought to such.

Or that there are 17 dead kids. And that he apparently confessed to it. He went there with the intent to kill. Hence the charges of premeditated murder.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

Or that there are 17 dead kids. And that he apparently confessed to it. He went there with the intent to kill. Hence the charges of premeditated murder.

Yep.

The charging documents don't say anything about a YouTube message. They list a sworn statement given by a witness with a description, the same witness positively ID'd the shooter after he was apprehended, a gun trace that matched the shooter, an Uber ride, and a post Miranda Warning admission by the shooter.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Addendum:

Arrest Report

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Are we seeing the inception of "thought police"?

What is the difference between signs of an impending mass shooting and free speech?

Obviously, the guy was a nut, a monster. There were multiple signs that he was planning something horrific. And he did something horrific.

But as I watch the media and posters and pundits talk about what was missed and how the authorities should have acted, I have to think about the fine line between threats and free speech.

Do people actually want to sacrifice their freedom of speech for the illusion of safety?

Just my thought for the day.

Looking back in hindsight knowing what was / is known about the guy, saying he wants to be a professional school shooter seems obvious. However, hindsight is 20/20. That quote by itself without knowing anything else about the person really tells us nothing.

We can't arrest people for just saying stupid sh*t.

FBI said they could find the kid/IP/whatever that posted it.

Then was contacted again jan. 5.

They FAILED. Who can believe them on anything now?

Ft Hood! They didn't want to affect Nadal's career!

THe Russians told them about the Boston Bombers.

Mateen was under investigation for 10 months!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I think it is pretty apparent this guy was a bomb waiting to go off..somebody sure dropped the ball.

The guy who shot up the Pulse nightclub in Florida was investigated by the FBI, twice.

The guy who shot up the military base in Texas, the guy who killed those 9 people in church, the guy who--

Ahh, nvm. FBI sure dropping a lot of balls. Either they do that on purpose or they just don't really care about Citizens lives.

Either way, game over.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I think it is pretty apparent this guy was a bomb waiting to go off..somebody sure dropped the ball.

The guy who shot up the Pulse nightclub in Florida was investigated by the FBI, twice.

The guy who shot up the military base in Texas, the guy who killed those 9 people in church, the guy who--

Ahh, nvm. FBI sure dropping a lot of balls. Either they do that on purpose or they just don't really care about Citizens lives.

Either way, game over.

Yeah, and it can't be filed under "thought crimes" or freedom of speech.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

There is no bigger red flag than the claim, " I'm going to be a professional school shooter". That the FBI seemingly ignored this only proves that theres no way to tell beforehand.

If they investigated every bomb or murder threat, they would be buried by idle talk.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Either way, game over.

Yeah, and it can't be filed under "thought crimes" or freedom of speech.

I was considering filing it under, 'FBI lets mass murderers commit their crimes to promote disarming America agenda in the Mass Media'.

Disguised as 'save the children' legislature.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

There is no bigger red flag than the claim, " I'm going to be a professional school shooter". That the FBI seemingly ignored this only proves that theres no way to tell beforehand.

If they investigated every bomb or murder threat, they would be buried by idle talk.

It goes beyond BS threats.

#metoo?

Innocent lives get ruined.

But dead people?

How were we supposed to know?

Thought he was just talking out his ass!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

What is the difference between signs of an impending mass shooting and free speech?

Obviously, the guy was a nut, a monster. There were multiple signs that he was planning something horrific. And he did something horrific.

But as I watch the media and posters and pundits talk about what was missed and how the authorities should have acted, I have to think about the fine line between threats and free speech.

Do people actually want to sacrifice their freedom of speech for the illusion of safety?

Looking back in hindsight knowing what was / is known about the guy, saying he wants to be a professional school shooter seems obvious. However, hindsight is 20/20. That quote by itself without knowing anything else about the person really tells us nothing.

At this point persons saying such thing should get a visit........and may have had they not been so busy looking for Russians secreto.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
a reply to: DBCowboy

Stopping crimes before they are committed is a slippery slope, eh?

It's frightening.

Where does one draw the line on who should be investigated and for what purposes based on their social media activity?

Whomever is in charge.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

At this point persons saying such thing should get a visit........and may have had they not been so busy looking for Russians secreto.

I know, right?!

"school shooter? Meh, we have a duly elected president to bring down!!"

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

20/20 Hindsight:

" I knew he was gonna do that."

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Oh hell yea. How many died for OD last year national? But them boys gots to get those Ruski. Large unreal numbers OD and we hear nothing from DEA ect FBI ect?

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Oh hell yea. How many died for OD last year national? But them boys gots to get those Ruski. Large unreal numbers OD and we hear nothing from DEA ect FBI ect?

Yep another "what do you expect us to do?"

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

20/20 Hindsight:

" I knew he was gonna do that."

Jan 5, someone close to the shooter called the FBI, Name address and other info is not HINDSIGHT!

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well there will be a court case, and to watch the defense attorneys. There are going to be 2 parts of this to watch, one will be the main trial, where the defense attorney will have to argue in front of a judge and jury. Motions will be made. There will probably be 3 psych exams. The M'Naghten Rule will come into play.

Even if found guilty, it will be a while before it happens, as there will be appeals, and only after all of that happens, he goes onto the list. And it could be years before sentence is carried out.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The difference is simply a call to action. You can say "Hey I hate (insert race) and I think they're losers and I wish they were never ever born" that's free speech but if you said "Hey I hate (insert race) and I think we should all carrying around baseball bats and bash them over the head whenever you see them" that is illegal.

I'm a Brit and don't live in the States so I'm not truly sure on the legal thing but I think I'm right, free speech as long as it's not a call to action and I think in this case the quote "I'm going to be a professional school shooter" or whatever it was, isn't really free speech it would be classed as a threat (sort of call to action).

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It sure makes you wonder, what the hell's the point of the surveillance state?..I'm pretty confident they don't give a rats ass about citizens lives, it's all smoke and mirrors..it's about control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join