It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians indicted but was anyone arrested?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So there are a couple nice threads running on the recent Mueller indictments but am I confused. Doesn’t a Federal Grand Jury indictment commonly result in the arrest of the person indicted?

I read the current articles in the MSM, googled for “arrested indicted Russians” and read through the ATS threads and I find nothing about arrests. And, don’t the Feds keep the indictments quit until the people are arrested to prevent them from fleeing?

Makes me wonder if these guys are currently in Russia and if so there is zip chance of getting them to the USA. And, if that is true it makes me wonder about the true value of this indictment.

Am I missing something?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
So there are a couple nice threads running on the recent Mueller indictments but am I confused. Doesn’t a Federal Grand Jury indictment commonly result in the arrest of the person indicted?

I read the current articles in the MSM, googled for “arrested indicted Russians” and read through the ATS threads and I find nothing about arrests. And, don’t the Feds keep the indictments quit until the people are arrested to prevent them from fleeing?

Makes me wonder if these guys are currently in Russia and if so there is zip chance of getting them to the USA. And, if that is true it makes me wonder about the true value of this indictment.

Am I missing something?

Your latter musings are correct. Those named are in Russia, and will never travel to the US (or likely any of our close allies) again for fear of extradition. The value is in setting the precedent that Russia did in fact willfully work to affect the outcome of the 2016 election.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Well it makes the indictment look politically based to me because it is well known that a dozen countries (including the USA) willfully work to affect the outcome of elections in dozens of countries for the last 100 years and until now nothing has been done.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Like I said in another thread, they indicted a baker's dozen of people that will not be tried for a crime that I am guilty of....
Talking bad about Hillary on the Internet.

Seems like a very hollow indicrment.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Am I missing something?

No your'e right, they can be eventually convicted in absentia, it's not so long ago a guy was convicted in money laundering, perhaps spying as well. He wasn't a mile away from the connection here either.
Actually it was two guys who were tried that way, this man, Evgeny Buryakov was convicted in the US, two other had blown.
Buryakov, is also known to have had dealings with Jared Kushner in the not so distant past, and also knew Putin's man Sergei Gorkov, who also had dealings with Kushner

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 16-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Like I said in another thread, they indicted a baker's dozen of people that will not be tried for a crime that I am guilty of....

Yup pretty much, and not to forget Google, Facebook and many USA based individual, and companies.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Of course it is, the illusion of Russia as the bad guy must be maintained, it's a money spinner for war at the very least. Know what would have been funny, if the US was held accountable for all the countries they interfered with, including those destroyed by the wars

edit on -216002018-02-16T15:11:18-06:000000001828201818022018Fri, 16 Feb 2018 15:11:18 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Of course it is, the illusion of Russia as the bad guy must be maintained, it's a money spinner for war at the very least. Know what would have been funny, if the US was held accountable for all the countries they interfered with, including those destroyed by the wars

I love my county (USA) but I’m not blind. This is only one of dozens of references to US interfering.

Yes, We’ve Done It Too: A History of U.S. Meddling in Other Countries’ Elections

Dov Levin, a political scientist at Carnegie-Mellon University, has found over a hundred examples of U.S. and/or Russian interference in other countries’ elections from 1946 to 2000. About 30 percent of these interventions were Russian; the other 70 percent were organized by the U.S. In the slideshow below, we’ve put together a few of the American examples.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yes pretty much all of the US population concerned with the topic... what were you doing or focused on before the topic "arrested" you?

Sealing off things abroad is much easier than sealing such off than in the borders; like district map rigging and gerrymandering them so democracy does NOT take place is more of an issue to focus on... especially where mid terms are concerned.

We the people means voice when such voice needs to be a representative of the people; not the interests of certain ones involved in that known as "special" or else the idea of "people" gets mixed up... and it already was mixed up when corporations as a special interest got themselves named "people" that was due to the large amount of "people" they employ... but as seen in Detroit? Few "people" followed the "people" called corporations when the auto industry tanked and got sold off to foreign interests...

So politically that is a double edged sword, so fighting over states the same issue is involved... representatives such as governor, senator(s), attorneys etc. as if the voice is that of corporations in those states then the rigging and corruption goes all the way to the "top" then it comes down to people having to go the federal route to get any justice out of the state, as many state constitutions and statutes not LAWS violate the law of the land or US constitution...

So it is important that we the people in individual states; represent actual living breathing people not vested in special interests for democracy to even take place... when that fails? The state is rogue... and bereft of any democracy occuring at all.

Independent third parties is the current talk and a good one... instead of letting political parties draw those maps themselves. No taxation without representation... since people are STILL taxed both federal and state level depending on whom they work for? Including those not working for state or federal paying BOTH... there is no equal representation going on at all in those states.

We saw that very clearly in the last presidential election... so the fixing... the magician card said blame Russia. Russia said we dont care look at all the elections world wide YOU have influenced as a country. Then well in such a manner the ego of those gets put in check. If not then those taking such to an extreme are then seen as nationalists... which is an extreme.

Extremism comes in many forms as this very post has addressed... some topics meant to root and route those out. As hey the public opinion or survey is always on going as far as intelligence gathering goes.

Of course there is nothing wrong with such a thing... as justice even when considered blind; eventually swings it's blade proper... but only when the correct eyes that NEED to see it; do.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I think it is a desperate attempt to make ppl think it wasn't the total waste of time, and money that it actually was.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Am I missing something?

Your latter musings are correct. Those named are in Russia, and will never travel to the US (or likely any of our close allies) again for fear of extradition. The value is in setting the precedent that Russia did in fact willfully work to affect the outcome of the 2016 election.

Well they failed because Hillary lost.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

I love my county (USA) but I’m not blind. This is only one of dozens of references to US interfering.

Yes, We’ve Done It Too: A History of U.S. Meddling in Other Countries’ Elections

Dov Levin, a political scientist at Carnegie-Mellon University, has found over a hundred examples of U.S. and/or Russian interference in other countries’ elections from 1946 to 2000. About 30 percent of these interventions were Russian; the other 70 percent were organized by the U.S. In the slideshow below, we’ve put together a few of the American examples.

This really isn't a precedent the left want to set, but making them think ahead is about as successful as house training a 5 year old tiger.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Indeed more was spent on this last election than any previously; as the "millennials" are of age to vote in most cases. If one looks at analytics most of them didn't want Clinton or Trump... they as most everyone were spoon fed what they wanted to hear; even those looking for UFO disclosure were courted for votes or is that dollars?

Lol hard to say... some terms are so short all they do is start fundraising and told how to vote while out doing just that fund raising... and have not even looked at any issues. So they trust the vote their party tells them and vote that way.

The system is messed up; thats the given. The exploitation of how it is messed up? Well, when haven't gamblers looked for an edge to beat systems? Thats what parties have seem to become... shouldn't be that way is the obvious; focusing on fixing it to not be exploited by anyone doesn't seem to be the agenda of anyone but the people... and well more power to them; simply because ideologies both political and religious have taken so much away.

Since religion is not taxed I dont think it should have a voice; the voice comes from those already with one as the individual. Of course how some of those voice such politics? Is also an influence... but when has it not been? Even before there was a US this was occurring.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Am I missing something?

I am at work not going to search now....nope the US is seeking to extradite them..... for sure that is what is going on.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

Am I missing something?

They were PRO TRUMP anti Hillary, stop spreading false information!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Ya, because advertising doesn't work... thats why no one ever spends money on it.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

Am I missing something?

They were PRO TRUMP anti Hillary, stop spreading false information!

That is what the FBI said, stop changing things around to be pro trump! Its ridiculous! The freaking Russians wanted Trump to win. Why do you think Trump STILL has not signed the sanctions against Russia he has had for two weeks????? Let me guess you think it's coincidence???

edit on 16-2-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Really? Who gave them visas?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Fully agree that the US should be held accountable for election meddling... that being said, its AMAZING that conservatives are defending election meddling in whatever way they can. The hypocrisy is insane.

"russia meddling is fake news"

"oh its not fake, well it was not effective, just talking bad about hilary"

"we do it all the time, so who cares"

damn, no wonder corruption runs rampant.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: kurthall

Really? Who gave them visas?

As far as I know they were here legally. What do visas have to do with it?

I know Trump gets foreign visas for people to work at his resorts HERE in America, instead of hiring Americans.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join